Of course, my point exactly... I wish Blackberry had adopted a similar single PKB device with varying size marketing strategy. Simply the "Blackberry" and say Blackberry Plus/Ultra/whatever. Forget even considering a slab! OM should shoot to own the PKB.
    Well recent articles stating 12 Mini has been a failure of sorts. Not sure multiple sizes is a good idea when you have a tiny PKB niche and with already fragmented demand.
    02-06-21 06:59 PM
    Well recent articles stating 12 Mini has been a failure of sorts. Not sure multiple sizes is a good idea when you have a tiny PKB niche and with already fragmented demand.
    I think the iPhone mini strategy is compromised by the 2020 SE and the fact that the regular 12 is very compact in and of itself with much better battery life. Now had they waited and the iPhone 12 mini was the 2021 SE, that may have made more sense and given rise to greater sales.

In day to day life I still see so many people utilizing a iPhone 6s, 7, 8 or possibly the new SE because one can hardly tell the difference. I believe that size and design with a physical home button is still very popular amongst the "average Joe" so to speak.
    02-06-21 07:35 PM
    iPhone 12 mini with 5G and small battery was not the wisest decision. I held up my daughter's friends iPhone 7 to my daughter's newer 12 and overall size wise is not to terribly different.
    02-06-21 07:41 PM
    Iphone 7 vs. 12. This is why I believe the mini (in addition to price) has had a harder time getting out of the gate.

Unfortunately my daughter's newer 12 has less battery performance than her former XR. (Those with an XR probably don't need to upgrade until the 14) *My dad being 80 wanted nothing more than to upgrade my daughter but she notes it was premature. John Chen and his Key2-20201025_104705.jpg
    02-06-21 07:53 PM
    Maybe just two. A BlackBerry (Key 1 and 2 size with screen fully utilized) and BlackBerry plus.
    02-06-21 07:55 PM
    Maybe just two. A BlackBerry (Key 1 and 2 size with screen fully utilized) and BlackBerry plus.
    You finally came back to my conclusion regarding BlackBerry perspective, however, at this point the prospective user base is too small and fragmented for two choices. Not from the choice perspective, however, but from the cannibalism perspective.

Like the original iPhone release, any type of niche unknown product, that product needs 100% of the attention plus sales for itself. Any future PKB device has so much competition against it that it doesn’t need to create it’s own competition against itself burning economic resources for the external war.

A 12 Mini is simply a way for Apple to burn through supply commitments from a previous generation of casings and other generic supplies before total loss expense...
    02-07-21 11:49 AM
    Tweet is not available anymore... ?
    His tweets (smartly) auto delete.
    02-09-21 09:39 PM
32 12