Sell BBRY! Anyone here that thinks John Chen is here to save the company, better pull their heads out of their respective a$$e$. During the next several quarters, it may appear to some that Chen is in fact making progress at restoring BBRY into a profitable company, that is NOT his or the company's long term mission. The mission is to bring some short term value to BBRY in order to make it a more attractive asset for sale. Either as a whole, or in pieces. I think Heins also started with the intention to sell the company, but he failed to attract any possible buyer or consortium. This new plan that involves raising roughly $1-billion by selling convertible notes to a group of investors is a short-term strategy to prop the company up long enough to try and make it appealing to some potential buyer. In the long run, it's probably good money chasing bad money. The fork that had been stuck in this turkey was removed today, but only long enough so it can be re-positioned with a knife to cut it up.
    milo53, pttptppt and Sadsfan like this.
    11-04-13 06:07 PM
    you really think potential buyers are that stupid?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:09 PM
    Sell BBRY! Anyone here that thinks John Chen is here to save the company, better pull their heads out of their respective a$$e$. During the next several quarters, it may appear to some that Chen is in fact making progress at restoring BBRY into a profitable company, that is NOT his or the company's long term mission. The mission is to bring some short term value to BBRY in order to make it a more attractive asset for sale. Either as a whole, or in pieces. I think Heins also started with the intention to sell the company, but he failed to attract any possible buyer or consortium. This new plan that involves raising roughly $1-billion by selling convertible notes to a group of investors is a short-term strategy to prop the company up long enough to try and make it appealing to some potential buyer. In the long run, it's probably good money chasing bad money. The fork that had been stuck in this turkey was removed today, but only long enough so it can be re-positioned with a knife to cut it up.
    Interesting imagery, so close to Thanksgiving...
    ranzabar likes this.
    11-04-13 06:09 PM
    you really think potential buyers are that stupid?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, no I don't. Like I said, this new plan is just good money chasing bad money. That doesn't mean the board isn't stupid enough to keep trying.
    11-04-13 06:13 PM
    First, brand recovery. Without fixing that, who cares.
    11-04-13 09:44 PM
    Brand recovery will only change consumers perception of blackberry. Potential buyers won't care much about that. They are always looking for the best deal.
    11-09-13 04:15 PM
    I may have the wrong info, can't be bothered to look in to but...

Chen climbed up the ladder at Sybase, turned it around, ultimately selling the company off for around $4-5 billion.

Chen is at the top of the BlackBerry ladder, ultimately to turn it around where it's self sufficient / profitable / attractive before selling it for a few billion.

In pieces, not so sure, as a whole, probably.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:27 PM
    Interesting imagery, so close to Thanksgiving...
    Thanksgiving was a month ago.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    11-09-13 04:28 PM
    Thorsten could have sold off BlackBerry at any time there were/are a bunch of companies interested in buying pieces of blackberry. Thorsten was hired to deliver BB10 and cut operational costs which he did. Fairfax wanted to take BlackBerry private and turn it around not sell it off. BlackBerrys board turned down multiple offers from companies that wanted pieces of blackberry (Apple, Cisco). So please explain to me why Chen would change his plans now?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:41 PM
    All the evidence points to exactly the opposite whereas you have no evidence at all.

In fact, you don't even have an argument. You state your conclusion but there is no deduction of any premises.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:10 AM
    Yes, he was brought on to put many more mile on the Corporate Bombardier Jet! Geez, what's wrong with you people?
    11-12-13 07:09 PM
    Brand recovery will only change consumers perception of blackberry. Potential buyers won't care much about that. They are always looking for the best deal.
    Best deal on a phone made by a dying company is no deal at all

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    11-13-13 04:47 PM
    Yea I don't think th got fired cause he couldn't sell

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-13-13 04:51 PM
    Mr. Chen now owns $85M of bbry stock, presumably at current prices. If he can pump that baby up to $15, that's a nice piece of change.
    11-13-13 09:31 PM
    This comment made me lol.
    11-13-13 09:44 PM
    Ah shut up.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:56 PM
    Yh..im not to sure about this.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and EchoesFX like this.
    11-13-13 09:58 PM
    It's interesting that the penalty clause for the new investors only gives them 30 days, and then Blackberry can entertain sales offers again without a penalty.
    11-13-13 10:01 PM