Well it was nice while it lasted but BlackBerry for consumers is now on its last legs, consumer marketing staff are waiting to be made redundant and basically they're sitting around doing NOTHING.

Do not buy BB10 devices in the hope you'll see improvements in the future, buy them for what they can do today.

To be honest i'd have to say do not buy them at all, you'll only be supporting the complete transition to enterprise with your cash and you'll not get much in return.

End of an era ruined by a few executives, such behaviour should be criminal (from a big fan's perspective)

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, abhi7848 and 19 others like this.
    12-19-13 06:20 AM
    Well it was nice while it lasted but BlackBerry for consumers is now on its last legs, consumer marketing staff are waiting to be made redundant and basically they're sitting around doing NOTHING.

Do not buy BB10 devices in the hope you'll see improvements in the future, buy them for what they can do today.

To be honest i'd have to say do not buy them at all, you'll only be supporting the complete transition to enterprise with your cash and you'll not get much in return.

End of an era ruined by a few executives, such behaviour should be criminal (from a big fan's perspective)

Posted via CB10
    BD,,, i respect your opinions, but did you get this from the horses mouth, or reading between the lines based on Chens' latest move??? tbh, bbs' marketing has been sitting around doing nothing for a couple years...
    milo53, extisis, nt300 and 1 others like this.
    12-19-13 06:33 AM
    BD,,, i respect your opinions, but did you get this from the horses mouth, or reading between the lines based on Chens' latest move??? tbh, bbs' marketing has been sitting around doing nothing for a couple years...
    From the horse's mouth waiting to be made redundant.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-19-13 06:34 AM
    From the horse's mouth waiting to be made redundant.

Posted via CB10
    Focusing on Enterprise does not necessarily mean giving up consumer totally. They will still be producing phones, and while they will market to enterprise, that is not to say consumers cannot get them. You may be jumping the gun a bit.
    12-19-13 06:36 AM
    So you're saying if we buy a bb10 device that it will never ever receive an update even if they continue making phones for enterprise?
    12-19-13 06:38 AM
    I can only hope for the best for BlackBerry and sit

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    12-19-13 06:39 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    12-19-13 06:46 AM
    Since apparently people are having difficulty understanding that this is a thread, started by a user, based on their own personal opinions, I have added that to the thread title.
    12-19-13 06:48 AM
    So you're saying if we buy a bb10 device that it will never ever receive an update even if they continue making phones for enterprise?
    Updates will be few and slow.......as they already are. They will continue to be sold to consumers for a while but they'll put zero efforts into it.

Ironically once it's only in the hands of enterprises BlackBerry might become a hot product with consumers again, just as it happened in the beginning (my personal opinion)

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:49 AM
    I will not summarily write off what BD said. Tomorrow may bring a bunch of surprises when announcements are made. Let's all wait and see.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-19-13 06:49 AM
    That was fast. Guess I missed the drama and that's a good thing

I wish all this bbry drama could be over, it's lasted way too long. Either die already or get off the pot and get er done.
    12-19-13 06:50 AM
    Since apparently people are having difficulty understanding that this is a thread, started by a user, based on their own personal opinions, I have added that to the thread title.
    Except it's not an opinion as it comes from BlackBerry consumer marketing employees. As one put it, "haven't opened my work computer in 3 days"

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:51 AM
    Updates will be few and slow.......as they already are. They will continue to be sold to consumers for a while but they'll put zero efforts into it.

Ironically once it's only in the hands of enterprises BlackBerry might become a hot product with consumers again, just as it happened in the beginning (my personal opinion)

Posted via CB10
    I'm still sitting on the fence torn. I don't care for the other OSes but I'm getting tired of all the drama.
    world saviour and qwerty4ever like this.
    12-19-13 06:52 AM

I wish all this bbry drama could be over, it's lasted way too long. Either die already or get off the pot and get er done.
    I understand why they're letting it die a slow death, makes sense in a away, but i'll not respect them for doing it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-19-13 06:52 AM
    Hopefully this will all be cleared up and out in the open on Friday's earnings report.
    12-19-13 06:53 AM
    consumer marketing staff are waiting to be made redundant and basically they're sitting around doing NOTHING
    Don't meant to sound harsh but they (marketing staff) have been sat around doing NOTHING for years.
    I've seen fan boys taking more initiative to market Blackberry than these so called poor (but paid) staff members.

Also on the marketing front, we may see some new developments (hopeful).

Mark Wilson appointed as Senior Vice President of Marketing
    12-19-13 06:59 AM
    Well,

I respect what you say, but in my personal idea I think it will not come true at all.
    I think that even if Blackberry wants to be in the consumer market, it needs to stabilize its position and, of course, that means to start from the market in which thay have the most advantage now and, for sure, it is on the business market side. Then yes, when people will see managers, corporates and so on using that device, people will be in the position to desire again to have that device. Basically BIS was not only a (fantastic) feature, it was also a differentiation point saying to people:yes, blackberry is for people who is spending more because this people wants to be closer to enterprice world.
    So I think they will consolidate position and then they will jump massively into the consumer market. I basically think that prosumer will mean something like I explained about BIS. You will have a device, but probably expect it to be different in some ways.
    No, they will not abandon consumer market, otherwise they will not be able to survive just with the enterprice one. Competition is made of quality, yes, service, yes, but in the technology market is also about numbers.

This is my personal thoughts and i apologize for my very rusted written English...
    12-19-13 07:01 AM
    Don't meant to sound harsh but they (marketing staff) have been sat around doing NOTHING for years.

Also on the marketing front, we may see some new developments (hopeful).
    Exactly! New broom......

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-19-13 07:01 AM
    But the hiring of Mark Wilson appears to support BD. His track record is one of enterprise marketing.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-19-13 07:04 AM

ya didn't miss much,,, no drama,,, just a ridiculous post...
    12-19-13 07:10 AM
    I've imagined a similar outcome myself... but I don't have BDs inside sources. A retreat to the enterprise space, with only accidental support & availability to consumers is entirely in keeping with Chen's statements, and in the skills of his appointees.

We'll see tomorrow I guess, but BD's words ring true for me!

JBB
    12-19-13 07:14 AM
    Seems to me that they need a morale shot in the arm,that's all.3 days is not that long ,considering all the reorganisation happening in upper management.
    12-19-13 07:18 AM
    It is very sad and what bothers me is that a few high powered folks at Blackberry have made million of dollars for making bad decisions that has affected the company, employees and all of their loyal user base. I bought my first Blackberry back in 2006, the 7000i series from Nextel which to this day was my favorite device with the track wheel navigation, it just worked and never let me down.

I went through a couple of models before giving up on the platform around 2010 because I switched from the Blackberry email provider to GMail which did not get along with the Blackberry software at the time. I Bought the new z10 when it was released here on T-Mobile USA and went through the device restart issues and after four device exchanges, software bugs, I finally put it in my drawer until such time the 10.2.1 update is released here (if it ever is).

When my provider T-Mobile USA stopped carrying the brand in their stores here and they where once the biggest supporters of the brand here, I knew the brand was dead here in the USA. Yes I still have my z10 and yes I am on IOS and a iPhone 5S for the time being. Why, you ask, well the device just works, apple customer service is second to none, the apps I use on a daily basis are all there. I was supporting Blackberry long before some of you so called loyalist knew what a smartphone was, so I have earned my right to have my opinion.

I really do hope that they make it out of their current situation and would love to go back to using my z10 as my daily driver, but I can't install leaks because I use a Mac and I shouldn't have to anyways, I paid good money for my z10 which I expected to have support along the way, but here we sit waiting for the updates everyone else has.

Don't blame the carriers folks, Blackberry designed the device and the software that runs it, not the carrier so they are just as much to blame. They knew what they where getting into when they signed those agreements with the carriers here in the USA, so quit passing the buck. And they wonder why they are in their current position?
    12-19-13 07:20 AM
    Marketing to consumer with the current staff you talked to obviously wasn't successful. Chen did say Enterprise focus. But Enterprise focus still means bug fixes etc and release of software. Doesn't mean those things stop. I don't see your point. If BB turns around and is profitable in Enterprise the rest will follow when they can afford to spend on teams to do consumer. Right now they are bleeding so bleeding with focus on Consumer doesn't help. If he can focus BB on enterprise and make it profitable, then BB will live to fight the Consumer game another day. And everything is cyclic, one day people will wake up from Apple's control like their 1984 video and realize something is wrong with this total control Apple has over them with their ECOSYSTEM.
    OWCA83, Skyforever, cman5 and 2 others like this.
    12-19-13 07:21 AM
    Except it's not an opinion as it comes from BlackBerry consumer marketing employees. As one put it, "haven't opened my work computer in 3 days"

Posted via CB10
    That's because with the new bb10 devices you don't need a computer any more!!

But in all seriousness... the CMO was (very) recently fired... one would expect the marketing team to be waiting for some new direction from above. I don't see this as any sort of issue, just another question that will be answered in the near future.. hopefully Friday AM.

Let's face it.. a new direction is needed in the marketing department at BlackBerry!!! It has been required for years!

This has actually been going on for months (not only 3 days) FWIW...
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-19-13 07:21 AM
809 123 ...