In all contexts, I work extensively with all sizes and flavours of tablet and phone OS's.

I find BB10 light years ahead of all others, easy to use, and powerful. It's like having android, BlackBerry and IOS on a single device. I really don't care much about android widgets, and as for IOS, well, that's what I have my mother running because of its basic UI.

I tried the Priv today. Honestly, just another android phone. Not even close to being a BlackBerry.

I cannot understand how it is that a company building the right devices, the right software, can get their business model so wrong, and at every opportunity, throw egg in the face of the last of the mohicans. Anyone who has a bb10 phone is educated enough to know what I'm talking about. Also, have enough knowledge to have walked into any local phone shop, see the HTC M9, LGG4, Latest Samsung (so many good ones to list) and despite this, choose BlackBerry. Only to.... have the priv, released for android only, what a joke!

In any case, to those who use all other mobile os's like me in their every day life, is bb10 the best OS or not?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by itmnetcom; 11-15-15 at 07:26 AM.
    tmf06, vanrickman, Tatwi and 4 others like this.
    11-14-15 08:11 PM
    While this is a highly opinion based statement, it's one I agree with.

I've attempted to use iOS. While it's smooth, trying to do anything involves too much jumping in and out.

There's a similar statement for Android, except I could never quite get it to feel "right" to me. I tried Nova Launcher, I tried customizing & rooting & flashing OS'(On my OnePlus One). It still didn't suit what I wanted.

BlackBerry 10 is the Best mobile OS for me. Flowing through the OS smoothly & having instant easy access to ALL notifications in the one place? that's exactly what I want. Until another OS offers me a close experience, i'll be staying with BB10. My Z30 mic died when my cat knocked it off a table. I've ordered a Q10 from another CrackBerrian, and will be considering grabbing a Passport as well. I picked up my Z10 on Launch Day 2013, used it for about 7 months, then switched to Android, then iOS, and as of late Oct I switched back, with my Z30. There's no comparison. within 30 minutes of regaining BB10, I was back home on my OS. All my accounts were linked, everything was smooth.
    Sulaco757 and S Valmont like this.
    11-14-15 09:09 PM
    Nope.

*V400
    Donvald likes this.
    11-14-15 09:34 PM
    Looks like the mic is an issue with the Z30 and drops, and the edge screen at the top, is sensitive to drops, off topic, but thought I'd mention it.

Want to see what others with multiple device experience have to say.

Thank you for the comment bmercer.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:27 PM
    Yep. Like my kid is the best kid in the world.

Posted via CB10
    web99, devin266, jas1978 and 3 others like this.
    11-14-15 11:27 PM
    It is...to you.
    11-15-15 05:11 PM
    It may well be the best mobile OS (it certainly is for some people). The problem is that, from a business perspective, that's irrelevant. BB's marketshare tells you how many people buy a phone based on the quality of the OS alone (BB10's global marketshare being under 0.3%).

The vast majority of phones are sold based on the ecosystem that is associated with the mobile platform in question. Apple and Google have large ecosystems for their platforms, and Microsoft has a small but slowly growing ecosystem that stands to get a sizable boost with WP10, given the convergence with Win10 desktop and tablet/phone apps. BB has nearly no ecosystem, and owes much of it's meager success to riding the coattails of the Android ecosystem. But Google Play doesn't belong to BB, and outside of a relative handful of hobbyists (remember: 0.3% global marketshare), the market does not accept or have interest in having to sideload, patch apps, track down old versions of apps, use third-party app stores, or any of that nonsense. They expect to go to the official app store, click INSTALL, and run the app, with no fear that it will not work, or stop working in the future when the next update comes along.

Relative to the entire car market, there is only a tiny market for cars that can't be used on public roads - and it's mostly a premium-priced, premium-performance market. If a company tried to make a car to compete against, say, the Toyota Camry, but that car couldn't be driven on public roads (only private roads, or on public roads only on odd Sundays between 1-4 AM), that company would quickly go out of business, because their car simply couldn't compete in the mainstream world. That's exactly BB10's position - no ecosystem, no mainstream acceptance.

It isn't just BB10 either - Sailfish, Tizen, Ubuntu, Firefox and other OSs will remain hobby OSs or will die completely, because they lack ecosystems. It doesn't matter if one of them is the best OS ever made for any platform, without an ecosystem, there can be no mainstream adoption.
    11-15-15 05:42 PM
    It may well be the best mobile OS (it certainly is for some people). The problem is that, from a business perspective, that's irrelevant. BB's marketshare tells you how many people buy a phone based on the quality of the OS alone (BB10's global marketshare being under 0.3%).

The vast majority of phones are sold based on the ecosystem that is associated with the mobile platform in question. Apple and Google have large ecosystems for their platforms, and Microsoft has a small but slowly growing ecosystem that stands to get a sizable boost with WP10, given the convergence with Win10 desktop and tablet/phone apps. BB has nearly no ecosystem, and owes much of it's meager success to riding the coattails of the Android ecosystem. But Google Play doesn't belong to BB, and outside of a relative handful of hobbyists (remember: 0.3% global marketshare), the market does not accept or have interest in having to sideload, patch apps, track down old versions of apps, use third-party app stores, or any of that nonsense. They expect to go to the official app store, click INSTALL, and run the app, with no fear that it will not work, or stop working in the future when the next update comes along.

Relative to the entire car market, there is only a tiny market for cars that can't be used on public roads - and it's mostly a premium-priced, premium-performance market. If a company tried to make a car to compete against, say, the Toyota Camry, but that car couldn't be driven on public roads (only private roads, or on public roads only on odd Sundays between 1-4 AM), that company would quickly go out of business, because their car simply couldn't compete in the mainstream world. That's exactly BB10's position - no ecosystem, no mainstream acceptance.

It isn't just BB10 either - Sailfish, Tizen, Ubuntu, Firefox and other OSs will remain hobby OSs or will die completely, because they lack ecosystems. It doesn't matter if one of them is the best OS ever made for any platform, without an ecosystem, there can be no mainstream adoption.
    Reflective of the current mobile market, that is. There is no reason why someone who buys an HTC device shouldn't be able to use whatever damn OS they choose on their device. Licensing, yes. But open up that licensing to the consumer rather than the manufacturers and see what happens. Right now, if you want a Samsung device, you get Android. If you want a Nokia, you get WP, etc. The market would be blown wide open if there were true choice in the market. And there is a good chance the Google would have to open up the Play Store to every OS regardless of the bogus OHA, which is really just a way for the big G to keep everyone's data within their grasp.
    ominaxe and anon(8393425) like this.
    11-15-15 05:52 PM
    I think you need to get off your pedestal OP. You aren't smart or educated because you use BB10 just like people who use Android and iOS aren't less educated or as smart as you.
    11-15-15 06:03 PM
    I think you need to get off your pedestal OP. You aren't smart or educated because you use BB10 just like people who use Android and iOS aren't less educated or as smart as you.
    He never stated any of the above.
    Relax and let people have their opinion. Even though you don't like it.

Nothing like my SE.
    tmf06 likes this.
    11-15-15 10:39 PM
    I prefer BB10 for my needs & wants, it's the best os for me and I'm not talking about ecosystems just straight up smartphone os.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:54 PM
    I prefer BB10 for my needs & wants, it's the best os for me and I'm not talking about ecosystems just straight up smartphone os.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. :-)

OS =|= "Ecosystem"

Maybe ~|~

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    Tien-Lin Chang and tHe.iR1sH like this.
    11-16-15 01:13 AM
    Yes. :-)

OS =|= "Ecosystem"

Maybe ~|~

•   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   •
    Sadly, these days, it's synonymous. I've just learned to adjust to modern speak.

User experience = Apps
    Ease of use = Apps
    Speed of OS = Apps
    Call Quality = Apps
    "Premium" Build Quality = Aluminum or Glass..............and then apps
    11-16-15 09:32 AM
    I cannot understand how it is that a company building the right devices, the right software, can get their business model so wrong,...
    Amen.
    11-16-15 09:39 AM
    It still is for my taste. And I played with all OSs.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:54 AM
    BB10 is by far the best mobile OS out to date. And will remain that way until BB11 and BB12 de thorns it.

This is not an opinion. Just basic fact.

Rocking a Z30
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-16-15 12:59 PM
    BB10 is by far the best mobile OS out to date. And will remain that way until BB11 and BB12 de thorns it.

Rocking a Z30
    It certainly is an opinion, and you're welcomed to it, but saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact.
    11-16-15 01:51 PM
    For me the best thing about BB10 is its based on QNX. That OS amazes me in the critical life or death systems it runs in hospitals nuclear power plants and in so many other examples that we dont realise. Its awesome that BB could develop that and put it in my hand to use daily. Can we say the same for other mobile phone OS's? Could be something BB should market/promote.
    11-16-15 06:54 PM
    For me the best thing about BB10 is its based on QNX. That OS amazes me in the critical life or death systems it runs in hospitals nuclear power plants and in so many other examples that we dont realise. Its awesome that BB could develop that and put it in my hand to use daily. Can we say the same for other mobile phone OS's? Could be something BB should market/promote.
    Considering BB10 smartphones don't allow users to control hospital equipment or nuclear power plants, I don't see what those capabilities have to do with people using BB10.

Incidentally, my guess is many of QNX's capabilities were not developed by Blackberry but were developed before Blackberry bought QNX.
    kbz1960 and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    11-16-15 07:03 PM

Rocking a Z30
    No matter how hard you wish, wishes are not facts.

"de thorns"
    11-16-15 07:06 PM
    BB10 is the best mobile OS I have used. Unfortunately, the reality that we all have to accept is that that will change in the not-too-distant future as third-party apps for BB10 slowly die out and BlackBerry World becomes a ghost town.

Excuse me, I am having a PlayBook flashback!
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    11-16-15 07:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep...110% agree.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-16-15 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very PC!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-17-15 07:00 PM
    Yes it is! I fully agree.

I've come from iOS and there is no comparison. I've mucked around with a Samsung and it was like a playpen! Too 'busy' and doesn't flow like BB10.

Other people who disagree have plenty of other choices but what do I move to if BB10 will cease to exist!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-17-15 07:11 PM
    I'm heavily watching the Tizen and Jolla sites to see if they come up with a phone that will surpass my Z-30. Until then I'll cling to BB10.
    11-19-15 08:59 AM
60 123