What parties?

If these parties are that powerful, and have that much control, BBRY should have simply released a phone pleasing to such entities, no?
    I wouldn't name it because I don't want get some folks laughing on me.

But, it's for their best interest to have people's private life exposed at least to them through a sort of backdoor perhaps? And BlackBerry makes sure all those doors are closed... not playing nice to those parties... that's one of the reasons why BlackBerry is fading away from "US" market

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 03:32 PM
    I think you missed the point of this topic.
    I think the point of the topic was that some people still think that BB sales have suffered in the US because they aren't an American company or aren't cooperative with the US govt.

But that doesn't explain the hundred other countries where BB sales have dried up. In fact US sales decline has for the most part mirrored the rest of the world, which would indicate there is no US specific reason at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-06-14 03:37 PM
    We all know iphone is the most outdated phone on the market. The iphone is a tracking, listening, recording everything you do device. It's a perfect tool for governments/ authorities / police to basically know everything about you. BlackBerry is just the opposite and the elite don't want the masses to enjoy the same privilege as they do. The z30 crushes the iphone and yes so does almost every other phone on the market but the point is even though BlackBerry beats iphone it gets no respect from for obvious reasons. I believe the masses will NEVER be allowed to use BlackBerry made phones.

Posted via CB10
    How come the Blackberry new phones will probably sport a 64 bit processor? why copy that from the iphone if it is so outdated(it is the only phone that has it)? The z30 has only better battery life, the rest forget about it
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    07-06-14 04:30 PM
    Let's say that some certain parties doesn't want people carrying a secure smartphone

Posted via CB10
    A months ago I was able to buy the Blackphone(most secure phone in the market) and activate it on At&t and no one stopped me..so who are these parties who were supposed to stop me??
    07-06-14 04:40 PM
    Nope. Nothing to do with it all. Americans in the USA buy all kinds of products not made here. Where are Samsung products made? Where are iPhones made? Certainly not in the USA. It's difficult to find products built in the USA.

BBRY obviously hasn't made their product attractive enough for enough people to buy them. Simple as that. No conspiracy, nothing to do with where it's made. It also doesn't help at all that the company has been in such a flux that people are afraid they won't be around for long. Didn't help at all when they hung a for sale sign up either.
    The iPhone may not be made in the U.S. But it is designed and engineered. Apple has also started to manufacture one of their products at home. That being the new Mac Pro. This trend could continue if successful.

I think this topic is very valid. I agree that by and large Usonians don't care about who makes their computer hardware. But their software (excluding the Commander in Chief of course) better be made in the good old U. S. of A. See Windows Phone, iOS or Android.
    07-06-14 04:46 PM
    The iPhone may not be made in the U.S. But it is designed and engineered. Apple has also started to manufacture one of their products at home. That being the new Mac Pro. This trend could continue if successful.

I think this topic is very valid. I agree that by and large Usonians don't care about who makes their computer hardware. But their software (excluding the Commander in Chief of course) better be made in the good old U. S. of A. See Windows Phone, iOS or Android.
    By your example the entire world prefers software engineered the US.
    07-06-14 04:49 PM
    By your example the entire world prefers software engineered the US.
    Exactly. The U.S doesn't want to lose that stranglehold.
    07-06-14 04:53 PM
    I wouldn't name it because I don't want get some folks laughing on me.

But, it's for their best interest to have people's private life exposed at least to them through a sort of backdoor perhaps? And BlackBerry makes sure all those doors are closed... not playing nice to those parties... that's one of the reasons why BlackBerry is fading away from "US" market

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry gladly open this door and many others This Is How RIM Will Let the Indian Government Spy on BlackBerry Owners | Fast Company | Business + Innovation
    You do not know that Blackberry is not doing the same with the Canadian services or US one since Gag orders cannot be discussed ‘Gag orders’ could stop Canadian telecoms talking about data-mining | Financial Post
    Besides the NSA can hack any systems, even BES NSA able to intercept BlackBerry e-mails: report - The Globe and Mail
    07-06-14 04:54 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry is Canadian only matters to Canadians. That's it.
    I certainly agree with your point however, the same goes for American companies like Microsoft and Apple. They're even more patriotic than Canadians are

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    07-06-14 04:57 PM
    It's never late in telecom. During 2000-4, Qualcomm too was written off. But it turned around.
    07-06-14 04:59 PM
    Can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't care about where the product was made. It is simply impractical to live that way these days. If I bought only USA made things, I'd have one incredibly empty house.

BTW, a couple of days ago I ordered a 64gb OnePlus One (no I will not give you an invite), even though it is made in China. I didn't buy it because it was a Chinese phone, I bought it because of how much it offers for its price. If BlackBerry made a comparable device, that offers huge value, it would sell well no matter where it was made.
    07-06-14 04:59 PM
    We all know iphone is the most outdated phone on the market. The iphone is a tracking, listening, recording everything you do device. It's a perfect tool for governments/ authorities / police to basically know everything about you. BlackBerry is just the opposite and the elite don't want the masses to enjoy the same privilege as they do. The z30 crushes the iphone and yes so does almost every other phone on the market but the point is even though BlackBerry beats iphone it gets no respect from for obvious reasons. I believe the masses will NEVER be allowed to use BlackBerry made phones.

Posted via CB10
    Very interesting post, you make a good point here...!
    07-06-14 05:11 PM
    It may sound silly, or even prejudice. But looking and reading comments not only on CB (GSM Arena, Phone Arena among others) made us those live outside NA to have that perception. We may be wrong, but always new hype on this appear...
    BBRY not doing well in USA contributed by this factor?
    Would be different if BBRY based (and originated) in USA?
    Telcos in USA seems reluctant to work with BBRY.... a few examples on these recently..
    Frankly, product benefit for both iPhone and BBRY is more or less the same... with BBRY outdo iPhone in some areas. Even their president using BBRY. But then, why the "anti" BBRY in USA?
    I may be wrong, but things would be different if BBRY is American products.
    Do you think so?
    I am an avid reader, searching the media field I notice how BlackBerry� is left in the dark and or out while iPhone and others are given full attention, many times it is overkill....!

There has to be a reason for this.
    07-06-14 05:22 PM
    I have no idea if sales have done "well" I know people are still buying BlackBerry phones and that's all that matters. It's up to Chen to decide what's good and profitable. If it was only 50,000 than good for them. He actually said recently they would need 10 million for hardware to succeed which is completely obtainable. Still a fraction of iPhone and Android but I'm sure some will spin that as terrible.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well then the Z10 sold awesome too because TH said they were selling better than expected after the launch. So sales topped his expectations, he was the CEO at the time, so sales were awesome by the logic you laid out above.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    pantlesspenguin and TGR1 like this.
    07-06-14 05:26 PM
    Oh well then the Z10 sold awesome too because TH said they were selling better than expected after the launch. So sales topped his expectations, he was the CEO at the time, so sales were awesome by the logic you laid out above.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    The difference is John Chen drops hard numbers while Heinz Ketchup gave flaky figures.
    07-06-14 08:30 PM
    No. First of all, most Americans I know have a positive view of Canada and Canadians as our good neighbor to the north. Second if all, Americans don't seem to care where the phones come from and are eating up Samsung phones right now. Thirdly, BB was a Canadian company back when they were the king of phones here in the States. Trust me, it's not a country rivalry - few people care. If anything, it's our dumb fixation on IMAGE, and the fact that the image of BB went to isht. The tarnished image did not happen for no reason, and it's hard as heck to repair.
    07-06-14 08:56 PM
    No. First of all, most Americans I know have a positive view of Canada and Canadians as our good neighbor to the north. Second if all, Americans don't seem to care where the phones come from and are eating up Samsung phones right now. Thirdly, BB was a Canadian company back when they were the king of phones here in the States. Trust me, it's not a country rivalry - few people care. If anything, it's our dumb fixation on IMAGE, and the fact that the image of BB went to isht. The tarnished image did not happen for no reason, and it's hard as heck to repair.
    It's true BlackBerry was king. But times change and so does consumer outlook. Was there truly any U.S. Smartphone OS competitor when BlackBerry was on top?

I'd say no. So U.S. consumers bought the next best thing from their neighbors to the north. Now they have three viable alternatives produced under the Red, White and Blue banner. Hence BlackBerry's current sad state in the U.S. market.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:08 PM
    No, that's not why they bought BB's. They bought them because they were innovative, useful, and they had a great image. Believe what you want, but it has extremely little to do with it. Americans don't care. It has everything to do with a brand name failure, not nationalism. Almost everyone in my company had BB's. Now I am the only one. None of them chose their current phone based on where the manufacturer is headquartered. Trust me, we have had many discussions about it. Most left during the Storm handset debacle and as BB was falling badly behind. No need to come up with fancy stories about why we are here, when the truth is plain and simple.
    07-06-14 09:22 PM
    I am an avid reader, searching the media field I notice how BlackBerry� is left in the dark and or out while iPhone and others are given full attention, many times it is overkill....!

There is a very simple explanation for this. For the past few years Samsung and Apple have defined the high end smartphone market. BlackBerry has not.
    If BlackBerry is able to make a comeback, they will get all the attention and then some. That's always how it works. In fact some will think the attention given to the "comeback kid" will be overkill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 07-06-14 at 09:54 PM.
    07-06-14 09:34 PM
    Seriously, I knew tons of people with BB's. Family members, Friends, Co-workers, Colleagues... Now I know one (my brother who I kind of "helped" into a Z10). I know why they left, I know what they bought, and I know why. None of it had anything to do with Nationalism. Sub-Par browser, battery pulls, multiple handset replacements (Storm series) - there were lots of reasons. It's hard to get them back. They are satisfied enough for the most part right where they are. They are a mix of iPhone and Android OS phone users now.
    07-06-14 09:49 PM
    I certainly agree with your point however, the same goes for American companies like Microsoft and Apple. They're even more patriotic than Canadians are
    No, Canadians are much more patriotic when buying products. There is so much US brand dominance in so many different consumer products that Americans don't really pay attention.

Americans, when patriotic, show their patriotism in different ways.
    07-06-14 10:36 PM
    BlackBerries problems are Blackberries problems. The Z10 was flawed when it was release here in the US. Random reboots are unacceptable, unless it only happens when the ex wife calls. (Then it's a feature).

Sorry, I waited and waited for BB10, but had to go elsewhere when it was "finally" released. Hell, a TMobile manager was sporting one and saying how great they were, well for the first few days at least. He then realized it was unusable. He said every single Z10 that his store sold was returned. 100%. All for the same problem. Yep, I am back, but others are not.

Because Apple and Samedung articles are what get page clicks. BB articles don't.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-06-14 10:50 PM
    not really, look at Tesla, NJ tried to ban their sales there.
    07-06-14 10:58 PM
    As an American I am a proud BlackBerry Z10 owner! If BlackBerry was going to be based where they sell phones then I think they would move to Singapore (close to Malaysia, Indonesia, Middle East). If they moved to where their enterprise business sells well then they should move to Germany.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:20 PM
    ...yeah..what is this thread about again?
    07-06-14 11:22 PM
131 12345 ...