To say say sales "stink" is completely subjective and a personal comment.
    No, not really.

We can infer from marketshare trends that BB10 didn't exactly light it up in Canada.
    07-06-14 01:42 PM
    It's funny people in this thread think they know all BlackBerry sales numbers. Obviously they are not great but if BlackBerry was only trying to sell a couple million then who's to say that's awful? I rely on facts and company projections not media speculation. The only negative sales numbers was the Z10 write down. (which was overpriced I agree)

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:45 PM
    Let's say that some certain parties doesn't want people carrying a secure smartphone

Posted via CB10
    What parties?

If these parties are that powerful, and have that much control, BBRY should have simply released a phone pleasing to such entities, no?
    07-06-14 01:46 PM
    It's funny people in this thread think they know all BlackBerry sales numbers. Obviously they are not great but if BlackBerry was only trying to sell a couple million then who's to say that's awful? I rely on facts and company projections not media speculation. The only negative sales numbers was the Z10 write down. (which was overpriced I agree)

Posted via CB10
    So you hold that BBRY had awesome BB10 sales numbers in Canada, and the hateful USA/NSA killed its prospects in the US?
    07-06-14 01:48 PM
    Yes they were bad enough that the company went up for sale and the CEO was fired. No phone has been released since then and they have shifted their focus back towards enterprise because sales were so bad. That's all the evidence I need. Oh that and their overall market share which is next to 0.
    Um Z30 and Z3. Could almost throw the Q5 in but that was released in august I believe. If you listened to the AGM a few weeks ago someone asked a great question about the "for sale" snafu and that was explained. It was up to the board of directors and looking out for the shareholders, hence the want to go private. BlackBerry 10 did not gain traction as fast as hoped but whos to say that's not changing. Obviously it is in Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:51 PM
    Um Z30 and Z3. Could almost throw the Q5 in but that was released in august I believe. If you listened to the AGM a few weeks ago someone asked a great question about the "for sale" snafu and that was explained. It was up to the board of directors and looking out for the shareholders, hence the want to go private. BlackBerry 10 did not gain traction as fast as hoped but whos to say that's not changing. Obviously it is in Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    You have no clue about what you are talking about in regards to sales numbers outside of "what you see." If it makes you feel better thinking Canada has done well with sales then that is your right but actual sales numbers tells different story; period.
    07-06-14 01:54 PM
    So you hold that BBRY had awesome BB10 sales numbers in Canada, and the hateful USA/NSA killed its prospects in the US?
    Never once said that. But unless we know BlackBerry sales projections it's all speculation. I guess you haven't heard about that whole T-Mobile feud. Companies were actively trying to get customers off of BlackBerry. Doesn't take much to put the pieces together.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:56 PM
    Let's say that some certain parties doesn't want people carrying a secure smartphone

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you just come out and say it?

The people who approved the elephant legs ad didn't want people to carry a secure smartphone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-06-14 01:59 PM
    You have no clue about what you are talking about in regards to sales numbers outside of "what you see." If it makes you feel better thinking Canada has done well with sales then that is your right but actual sales numbers tells different story; period.
    I have no idea if sales have done "well" I know people are still buying BlackBerry phones and that's all that matters. It's up to Chen to decide what's good and profitable. If it was only 50,000 than good for them. He actually said recently they would need 10 million for hardware to succeed which is completely obtainable. Still a fraction of iPhone and Android but I'm sure some will spin that as terrible.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:02 PM
    Never once said that. But unless we know BlackBerry sales projections it's all speculation. I guess you haven't heard about that whole T-Mobile feud. Companies were actively trying to get customers off of BlackBerry. Doesn't take much to put the pieces together.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY itself was trying to get companies off of BBRY. When companies lose marketshare and stock value and ALSO put themselves up for sale, partners and customers flee.

TMO doesn't like Android or iOS any more than it likes BB10; it likes making money. Companies divest themselves of what they consider losing pieces, much like BBRY cuts staff, or BB10 native developers. It's business.

One thing we can actually say with any certainty is that BB10 sales have been horrific. In Canada and elsewhere.
    07-06-14 02:03 PM
    What parties?

If these parties are that powerful, and have that much control, BBRY should have simply released a phone pleasing to such entities, no?
    No because that would compromised their entire business model, Security and privacy.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:04 PM
    It's not a completely daft idea - some markets do buy patriotically. Go to France and you'll see French cars all over the place, to a vastly greater degree than anywhere else. Go to Germany and they buy German cars and German household goods.

But, the Anglosphere (to generalise) doesn't tend to in any way whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:05 PM
    I have no idea if sales have done "well" I know people are still buying BlackBerry phones and that's all that matters. It's up to Chen to decide what's good and profitable. If it was only 50,000 than good for them. He actually said recently they would need 10 million for hardware to succeed which is completely obtainable. Still a fraction of iPhone and Android but I'm sure some will spin that as terrible.

Posted via CB10
    That has nothing to do with your point at all. You are blaming the US for BB10's low sales. Canada sales were poor too and there is no disputing that.

Or we can look at it your way. In the US BB was only looking to sell a few hundred thousand units. Therefore they succeeded in the US. You can twist it either way you want but it doesn't make it factual based on overall sales numbers.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-06-14 02:05 PM
    No because that would compromised their entire business model, Security and privacy.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if one's business model is leading to horrific losses, isn't it time to chart another course? If one is selling security as a product, and no one wants it, shouldn't one rethink priorities?

This is assuming that we agree that shadowy figures not wanting BES security is the real reason for BBRY's current state, which I think borders on the ludicrous.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    07-06-14 02:09 PM
    BBRY itself was trying to get companies off of BBRY. When companies lose marketshare and stock value and ALSO put themselves up for sale, partners and customers flee.

TMO doesn't like Android or iOS any more than it likes BB10; it likes making money. Companies divest themselves of what they consider losing pieces, much like BBRY cuts staff, or BB10 native developers. It's business.

One thing we can actually say with any certainty is that BB10 sales have been horrific. In Canada and elsewhere.
    I agree companies do want to make money. But when companies does a **** poor job of actually trying to sell the devices and steering people away from them it's half their fault. To many execs trying to make a quick buck. I bet none of the big carriers even tried a BlackBerry 10 device for extended periods of time. Just said "sure thing BlackBerry" and went back to selling Samsung and iPhone. That was the beginning of the end.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:21 PM
    Some American companies have done the same. It doesn't change the fact that BB10 hasn't been adopted by Canada.
    But it has done better in Canada compared to America. There was an article on cb a couple months ago, BB still outsells all competitors in Toronto.
    NtotheK likes this.
    07-06-14 02:24 PM
    But it has done better in Canada compared to America. There was an article on cb a couple months ago, BB still outsells all competitors in Toronto.
    Their sales in Toronto aren't matched in the rest of Canada.

Overall, though, Canadian marketshare numbers have been better than US market share. But also better than German marketshare. Or French. Or Chinese. Or Japanese. Or any of a hundred other countries.

So what does that say?

07-06-14 02:33 PM
    I agree companies do want to make money. But when companies does a **** poor job of actually trying to sell the devices and steering people away from them it's half their fault. To many execs trying to make a quick buck. I bet none of the big carriers even tried a BlackBerry 10 device for extended periods of time. Just said "sure thing BlackBerry" and went back to selling Samsung and iPhone. That was the beginning of the end.

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile is half responsible for BlackBerry devices not selling?

Are you high?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-14 02:39 PM
    That has nothing to do with your point at all. You are blaming the US for BB10's low sales. Canada sales were poor too and there is no disputing that.

Or we can look at it your way. In the US BB was only looking to sell a few hundred thousand units. Therefore they succeeded in the US. You can twist it either way you want but it doesn't make it factual based on overall sales numbers.
    There you go again. Your comment could have been accurate if you didn't use the word "poor". Yes sales were "low" in Canada but so was Maserati lol. I don't pretend to know things based on personal thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:39 PM
    There you go again. Your comment could have been accurate if you didn't use the word "poor". Yes sales were "low" in Canada but so was Maserati lol. I don't pretend to know things based on personal thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ok.
    07-06-14 02:40 PM
    BlackBerry outsells Windows Phone in Canada. That is for sure.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    NtotheK likes this.
    07-06-14 02:48 PM
    T-Mobile is half responsible for BlackBerry devices not selling?

Are you high?
    Of course. They are the retailer. If a customer goes in and says I want a BlackBerry and the sales rep doesn't have a clue about the product or its features what are the chances of them walking out with one? Thats also disregarding all the non sense they spew ie. going out of business or same old OS etc. It takes two to tango hence why BlackBerry didn't renew T-Mobile's sales contract. BlackBerry was never a a direct consumer sales company (although that is changing) they always relied on business's and carrier partners.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-06-14 02:49 PM
    When it comes to sales, perception is everything. Only with proper marketing and a change in the American public's perception of the BlackBerry brand, will this bleeding stop in the American market.
    I agree with dbiv5445. Perception is everything. I have run into a lot of people that aren't aware of the advanced features, the security, and the product quality. There are to many people hung up on apps, granted there are some great apps out there, but really how many different flashlight apps or flavours of the same game out there do you need. Total quantity is not a substitute for quality. The recent team up with amazon will help but until people (and product critics) get over the "total" number hang up things won't change that much. BB needs a better marketing strategy.
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    07-06-14 02:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I went to tmo a couple weeks before speculated Z10 launch I asked if they had a firm date yet and they said no, but their manager had just attended an expo on the new devices and was very excited about them. On the launch date I picked one up and they hadn't even received a demo unit yet (perhaps BlackBerry's fault). The reps watched me set it up while I entered some accounts and showed them the hub and active frames. They all agreed it looked pretty slick. I went back a few months later when the Q10 hit and there was a full BB10 kiosk. One of the guys working remembered me and asked if I was there to pick up a Q10, as he took his personal Q10 out of his pocket.

So it's not like tmo didn't try to sell the phones. The public just didn't want them in favor of the S4, iPhone 5 (which was just newly offered when the Z10 hit, it was the first time iPhones had ever been offered directly through tmo), HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, LG G2, etc. While I agree that the marketing ploy telling users to upgrade their BBs was tacky, at that point they didn't even sell them in stores anymore due to low sales.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-06-14 03:06 PM
    Their sales in Toronto aren't matched in the rest of Canada.

Overall, though, Canadian marketshare numbers have been better than US market share. But also better than German marketshare. Or French. Or Chinese. Or Japanese. Or any of a hundred other countries.

So what does that say?

I think you missed the point of this topic.
    07-06-14 03:25 PM
131 1234 ...