I would fire the guy that is the head of app development/developer relations and whoever else was involved in deciding that the quantity of apps rather than quality was the way to go with BB10. Once that is taken care of I will focus a majority of the software efforts on native app development. No budget constraints. I'd give the team 6 months to make it happen - Instagram, Tweetdeck, Netflix, Banking, and whatever other major apps that people crave for.

I think we can all agree that if the apps situation was a bit better on BB10, some of the negative press could have been avoided. BB10 needed to launch with every, I mean every Top 20 app in every category from the Apple App Store and Google Play store from the get go. There are no excuses for it. If they had all the top 100-200 apps at the start, they wouldn't need the other crappy 70,000.
    08-30-13 12:20 AM
    I think if it was possible in anyway they would have had the top apps at launch.
    08-30-13 12:30 AM
    Apps are very very difficult, the top apps are so important, but the niche apps are just as important for so many people.
    Niche hobbies, niche banks, niche restaurants, whatever. The thing is, it's highly unlikely that BlackBerry would ever be able to compete on that level. I think trying to compete on some level is critical for apps, but with the grounding in reality that you're never going to be at Android or iOS level.

With that in mind, I think BlackBerry should focus on the people who will buy their devices anyway, to get things done better or faster than on other devices.
    Return of the trackpad, with it placed on the back of the device so as not to take up screen space, would be my first move. Bring back BIS, whatever it takes, at least as an option.
    Then we come to working on more keyboard optimisation in the OS, and customisations to be back to the level of BB7, sounds, LEDs, everything.

Those would be my priorities, start with what you already had, then grow.
    iamagod likes this.
    08-30-13 02:22 AM
    I would lower down the prices of the phones while marketing the **** out of this devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 03:33 AM
    boot**** some smartphone sales reps

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 03:37 AM
    Hire Steve Jobs' clone

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 04:14 AM
    I'd make Crackberry Kevin a member of the board.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    08-30-13 06:07 AM
    B!tch slap the hell out of Frank.

Posted via CB10
    hamletz90 and flyingsolid like this.
    08-30-13 06:19 AM
    If I were CEO of BBRY, I'd take the $55 million and run, to hell with any turnaround.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-13 07:10 AM
    I'd get myself fired

Posted via CB10
    brucewayne likes this.
    08-30-13 07:24 AM
    I would keep the name, but sell the company to Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. Maybe BB could make the next Google Nexus 5? At least then, the company would be solvent again.
    08-30-13 07:32 AM
    I would have built the very best UI for business; mail client, device management and so forth on top of Android so that it could run a full suite of apps. They chose to compete with the established operating systems even though they were years behind instead. At this point it looks as if they lost. I suspect it is too late now.

And for those that say that would make them just another Android supplier, are they doing better or worse with BB10 sales than if they were 10% of Android sales?
    QuantumQnx likes this.
    08-30-13 07:34 AM
    I would make razor thin margins on the BB10 devices to decrease the price and drive adoption of the platform. They need butts in the seats to get devs on board and the devices are simply too high in price now to compete and the sales numbers reflect this. As you rebuild the brand image and the base, then you can increase the margins more and more over time.

Posted via CB10
    iamagod likes this.
    08-30-13 08:00 AM
    I would make razor thin margins on the BB10 devices to decrease the price and drive adoption of the platform. They need butts in the seats to get devs on board and the devices are simply too high in price now to compete and the sales numbers reflect this. As you rebuild the brand image and the base, then you can increase the margins more and more over time.

Posted via CB10
    I can see your point, but it's not doable at the moment.
    With a BBOS business model, it would work. Small margins on the phones, lots of devices sold, more people paying monthly BIS fees.
    But in the current model, if they cut margins to razor thin, they hardly make any money!
    They're stuck between a rock and a hard place, because of their inability to offer BIS on BB10.
    08-30-13 11:56 AM
    At this point... I would tell the Board that I was going to go get all the big developers on board no matter what the cost was. I would load that last corporate jet up with a pile of Cash and some beauties from the social entertainment pool to help smooze those developers and then I would fly off and ...

find a nice little island somewhere that doesn't have the first cell tower on it!
    08-30-13 01:43 PM
    I would build a premium and sexy phone like the Unbutu Edge (no plastic). Believe it or not, it's the looks that grab people attention. It can't look like just another generic smartphone. Then optimize the hell out of Android to make it run smoothly. Don't slap any skins on it like other Android manufactures. The Android world is missing that. I have a good feeling the Android crowd is longing for something like that. Even as a iPhone user i'm lusting after the Unbutu Edge design. The Z10 should've look like that.
    danprown likes this.
    08-30-13 01:52 PM
    I would give back the reign to Thorsten Heins.

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    08-30-13 08:33 PM
    Fire the ENTIRE Executive team and marketing department
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    08-30-13 08:42 PM
    If I were the CEO:

1. I would make an exceptional meeting with every representatives of each division.

2. I would fire the ones who failed (marketing chief. application development,...)

3. I would build up a new team that will change BlackBerry strategy. I would make it more aggressive to the market.

4. I would request the best app developers to make the most "missing apps" and integrate more banking, children & teens dedicated apps. They will include more educational apps.

5. I would fire Alicia Keys because she is almost useless and replace her with... Miley Cyrus.... hahaha I'm just kidding, I think Chlo Grace Moretz or any other child/teen stars will fit perfectly.
    Why? To start building a new generation of young who will grow up with BlackBerry, not just with Android and Apple.

6. I would make a lot of commercials that show to the public that BlackBerry 10 performances and capabilities are far better than competition's. People have to know what OS 10 is capable of.

7. I would promote QNX to car makers in order to make BlackBerry handsets fully compatible with your personal and professional vehicule. I would include an optional safety feature that make your car unable to start up engine without your device connected into the vehicule.

8. I would bring back all the missing features from older BlackBerry OS and stuff them into OS 10.

9. I would ask users to send me back for free all their Z batteries to switch with a more powerful and power-friendly model that will increase phone's life.

10. I would include an upgrade that allows the phone to gain either charge battery with either solar rays or human body contact induction (thanks to our body heat).

11. I would develop new mobile computing options and accessories, including making BlackBerry phones compatible with game controllers (maybe a new output on the side of the phone) and capable to play windows games (or PS Games) through the Smartphone.

There lol

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10.
    LWKING likes this.
    08-30-13 09:50 PM
    I'd hire Judge Judy and get her to go after the big companies for not bringing there app and say "bologna" for there excuse.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:50 PM
    Resign! No single action will save BlackBerry, it requires wholesale change across the entire spectrum of the company.
    09-01-13 09:08 AM
    Ditch BB10.
    09-01-13 09:20 AM
    Revamp the entire marketing and pr department. Company need the ability to communicate with customers on a regular basis. Current management need major therapy with their silent treatment and passive aggressive behavior.
    09-01-13 09:22 AM
    Get rid of all the top management . Any one who was there in management when Jim and mike were there.
    2nd, fire the marketing agency that does BlackBerry advertising.
    3rd. Never release anything till it was 100% ready.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 09:32 AM
    At first I would change BB10 OS. The UI is not good. I would change the entire Design of OS that looks seamless in any Term of OS. UI looks very old, the icons baaa. Sometimes u have Black theme, sometimes you have white theme wtf?? Second I would ad Missing functionality from Legacy Devices and the old Batterlylife.

Second working on a Hardware that u can compare with the competition. I know BB10 don't need Quad core but who cares? If ppl hear it has dual core they think old Hardware with same price like SGS4, why should I buy BB? Today all cheap Chinese Smartphone's has Quad core. Than working on the Hardware design. Q5 design is really a mess. Even the old Curve Design is much better. Packing the new Software with seamlessly Design with the Power full good looking Hardware and start the Marketing, than BlackBerry is Back.

Posted z5
    09-02-13 07:24 AM
41 12