Ahh I forget an important point. Apps!!
    Bring the Top 50 apps and not 1000000 cheap ported apps.

Posted z5
    09-02-13 07:28 AM
    Cut prices, or sell them from begin cheaper...
    Z10: 450usd
    Q10: 450usd
    Q5: 200usd
    Z30: 550usd

I would also create some quality apps under BlackBerry's name... example... a finance app with real time quotes and other corporate apps...

I would also try to bring the old BlackBerry-phone user to switch to the newer ones for the price of the profit margin (means actually no profit for BlackBerry but a higher user base --> more quality apps)

Posted via CB10
    xxh likes this.
    09-02-13 07:39 AM
    1) do whatever it takes to get the top 30 android and ios apps on bb10. Dedicate $500 million to this.
    2) buy one of the top mdm competitors.
    3) when 1 is complete spend a ton of money promoting the phones.
    4) get a line of credit set up and start using it to preserve cash.

Debt... if bbry fails, so what. if it succeeds, great. Your returns will be better than the interest being paid on debt while giving the corporation more money to invest in promotions. Better chances of success while failure in bankruptcy is the same end story.

5) after apps and ads are going, also invest in an open office like solution. Maybe just port open office? Then develop a thin laptop or thin tablet where the phone itself is the thick cliebt( cpu, memory storage, gps, network, etc) for the thin client. Result is a lot of power that you already have on the phone and an inexpensive tablet / laptop solution. Be sure to make bb10 such that it can remote into a Windows device to support windows apps remotely in the enterprise environment. Also provide the same at home experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:05 PM
    1) do whatever it takes to get the top 30 android and ios apps on bb10. Dedicate $500 million to this.
    2) buy one of the top mdm competitors.
    3) when 1 is complete spend a ton of money promoting the phones.
    4) get a line of credit set up and start using it to preserve cash.

Debt... if bbry fails, so what. if it succeeds, great. Your returns will be better than the interest being paid on debt while giving the corporation more money to invest in promotions. Better chances of success while failure in bankruptcy is the same end story.

5) after apps and ads are going, also invest in an open office like solution. Maybe just port open office? Then develop a thin laptop or thin tablet where the phone itself is the thick cliebt( cpu, memory storage, gps, network, etc) for the thin client. Result is a lot of power that you already have on the phone and an inexpensive tablet / laptop solution. Be sure to make bb10 such that it can remote into a Windows device to support windows apps remotely in the enterprise environment. Also provide the same at home experience.

Posted via CB10
    Best of the suggestions I've read so far. Totally agree on spending money and running up debt. I firmly believe the only reason they aren't doing it is to be more attractive to be bought. I think they care more about taking care of the management and board than they do with BB10 succeeding.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-02-13 08:44 PM
    To make dept you have to find first a Bank or other which buys your bonds.... nobody will give BlackBerry at this moment money... with luck BlackBerry can maybe collect a half billion! That's the reality!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:48 AM
    Sell. BlackBerry management can't get out of their own way.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:55 AM
    One thing wouldn't turn the company around so it's really hard to say.

I would however ditch the gawky BlackBerry 10 name for the OS and call it QNX instead. I would then have QNX run as a separate entity wholly owned by BlackBerry but have them court other manufacturers like Sony and HTC. With these three brands pushing the OS I really do think they would be able to attract the consumers while BlackBerry would be able to focus on enterprise as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:07 PM
    Publicity with thorsten where he calls the real situation and where Blackberry is going.

Like when meat is une double and the company comes out about it directly to the public

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:14 PM
    I will reduce the price of every bb device 50%

Sent from my Sankha Omnia
    09-03-13 01:17 PM
    I'd buy a bigger armchair.
    09-03-13 01:28 PM
    I would resume the innovation.
    09-04-13 01:43 AM
    I will do a lot of coaching , breafing or seminar in every shopping mall, business gathering to show how this new blackberry work. Especially the multi tasking aspect that other can't. People need prove before buy.
    Do it in university too to reach the young generation.

Make our app be a star. I will promote the story maker app be the next trending for teenage.

I think it a better way to express in video format than a photo format.

Hopefully it can beat instagram hahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:13 AM
    "One thing" is naive and won't do. I wouldn't even try to save the company as it is now. To hell with saving historical pride or renown.

I would cut payroll, unnecessary perks, and clean the books to make them as attractive as possible. Change the PR to a lean mean BBRY going forward with a well-defined roadmap and focus. Kill future hardware models and prepare the division for sale or spin off; maybe make into a new entity that carries all the debt and sell off to another company that wants to take on debt as a write off. Start getting their act together on SaaS and start building a track record on actually meeting deliverables and actually understanding the new reality of mobile computing.
    09-04-13 09:15 AM
    If I was CEO, the one thing I would do is reposition the software solutions portfolio and drop BlackBerry 10 with a plan to revamp the network infrastructure and sell the hardware business. I would position BES as BlackBerry Management Solution for consumer use not limited to smartphones while QNX would serve as the complex enterprise offering for similar. The goal would shift to M2M management and having the two platforms function in their respective context as connection platforms. The existing network would be planned to drop smartphone support and modified to handle appliance or machine data traffic.
    09-09-13 09:42 AM
    If I were CEO of BlackBerry, I'd spend 1 billion to make a time machine to take me back to the day QNX was purchased. I would ax the Playbook Idea and incorporate "Underpromise, Overdeliver" as a new company ideal. I would have focused the company's attention on making two BB10 devices, the Q10 and the Z10, and by streamlining this plan I would have had the phones released in 2012 like they should have been in the first place with the kinks worked out. Any additional money that was saved from not making the Playbook would go towards app developers and advertising.

If I couldn't buy a time machine, I'd have the company sold. The name BlackBerry is poison these days.
    09-09-13 10:31 AM
    At this point.... I'd look for an "alternative solution" and wait for my golden parachute to deploy.

I agree with most of what kfh227 said in his post, but no one is going to loan BB any money at this point, and I'd leave the future alone for now and concentrate on smartphone. And I really think that only a LOT of money is going to turn things around. You are going to have to buy more advertising than what they have been doing. You are going to have to cut profits on devices in order to get people to try an unsupported platform. You are going to have to PAY 3rd Party Developers to get their apps on your platform. You would need to still catch up to Apple and Android (sorry but Z10 & Q10 are close, but not there), which means R&D is going to need to be kept going and even increased. You are going to have to show that you are in this for the long term - no privatization talk, no partners, no selling (they look like a drowning man grasping a straw - not a company that people are going to want to buy from). So you are going to need operating capital for at least a couple of years, with major expenditures and very little income. Money, Cash, Operating Capital, Credit - something that BB has a comparatively small amount of, in comparison to the task at hand.

But looking back (which is always easier) there are a number of changes that should have been made. And to be honest many of them had been expected and hoped for by many that have been here for a few years - so they weren't just looking back and saying "well you should have done X..." it was more "they had better do this X.... if they want consumers to buy".
    09-09-13 11:04 AM
41 12