They can easily cross 500 M mark....it can create enourmous scale and would be completely unbeatable....It will be second only to facebook...this could create an enormous Shareholder value.
    People will jump here and say BlackBerry does not have 1 billion to throw on whatsapp...They can absolutely do it, create a separate subsidiary and sell stake to outside parties like VC or other funds...
    Start atleast with Kik...
    This could be massive...i really really hope Blackberries managment doesn't mess this up by trying to compete with whatsapp...Just aquire them.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:06 PM
    Nice idea but if those companies were up for sale, no way apple or Google wouldn't jump in and over pay so no one else could buy them up.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:10 PM
    From what I understand Whatsapp was in talks with Google but they could not agree on price....
    For google and Apple it's a drop in the ocean...but for BlackBerry with 5 B market cap this deal could be the ocean!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:13 PM
    From what I understand Whatsapp was in talks with Google but they could not agree on price....
    For google and Apple it's a drop in the ocean...but for BlackBerry with 5 B market cap this deal could be the ocean!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes I also believe they were in talks...what I meant is if a competitor was looking to jump in, then Google would overpay just because they can.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:15 PM
    It could very well be the case...But BlackBerry should try their best to do it...Start with Kik atleast...that's from guy in waterloo..they should be able to do that easily...That would bring them above whatsapp in no time...
    They have to be No 1 and only major player in this to really create a global scale which could be impossible to break....They can do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:29 PM
    It could very well be the case...But BlackBerry should try their best to do it...Start with Kik atleast...that's from guy in waterloo..they should be able to do that easily...That would bring them above whatsapp in no time...
    They have to be No 1 and only major player in this to really create a global scale which could be impossible to break....They can do it.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct and I hope they can pull something huge off to shut the negative nay sayers up a bit. Its getting out of control in here with the constant negativity.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:41 PM
    If Google and Whatsapp couldn't come to terms about money, then it's because Whatsapp wanted far more than even Google was willing to pay. There would be no way BBRY could afford them.

Sent from my gesture controlled Nexus 4
    08-24-13 05:10 PM
    No need to waste their money, BBM if done correctly has the potential to become the biggest without them having to buy some one else. But this is BlackBerry and the will no doubt screw it up somehow.
    08-24-13 08:11 PM
    BBM will be bigger than what app pretty soon. Those social players grow up fast and die even much faster.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:34 PM
    waste of resources. I'd prefer marketing money.
    08-25-13 01:16 AM