I would accelerate this and bring it to the market.....no more complaints about Z10 battery life--for the most part...
    Researchers Develop Way to Charge Devices Using Human Hands | Digital Trends
    03-28-14 11:53 AM
    Seems interesting, although I think we're a little ways off for now. Would be extremely helpful though!
    03-28-14 04:11 PM
    I would start trying to get some marketing campaigns started to promote the new OS. Most people still relate the BlackBerry brand to legacy devices.
    Secondly, I would focus on having 4 different phones for consumers. One high end touch screen, one low end touch screen. One high end qwerty and one low end qwerty.
    All the while, I would be doing a hell of a lot more to win some of the key app holdouts like Netflix and Instagram. The app ecosystem for BB10 is pathetic after a year. Every single "made for BB" app costs $2-3. I thought Apple was bad for charing for every single app.
    Lastly, I actually sent BlackBerry an email 3-4 years ago suggesting they work on a desktop client for BBM. It would have been the first integrated IM client for mobile and desktop. The fact that Chen still hasn't done this boggles my mind and secures my position that BlackBerry is going to fail due to lack of leadership and forward thinking.

Irregardless, it's too late. BlackBerry is doomed. Chen is just another useless leader with no vision who will collect a pretty penny regardless of whether BlackBerry fails.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    03-28-14 04:15 PM
    Agreed, BlackBerry is done. It saddens me to see them still making such stupid mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 04:54 PM
    I would start trying to get some marketing campaigns started to promote the new OS. Most people still relate the BlackBerry brand to legacy devices.
    Secondly, I would focus on having 4 different phones for consumers. One high end touch screen, one low end touch screen. One high end qwerty and one low end qwerty.
    All the while, I would be doing a hell of a lot more to win some of the key app holdouts like Netflix and Instagram. The app ecosystem for BB10 is pathetic after a year. Every single "made for BB" app costs $2-3. I thought Apple was bad for charing for every single app.
    Lastly, I actually sent BlackBerry an email 3-4 years ago suggesting they work on a desktop client for BBM. It would have been the first integrated IM client for mobile and desktop. The fact that Chen still hasn't done this boggles my mind and secures my position that BlackBerry is going to fail due to lack of leadership and forward thinking.

Irregardless, it's too late. BlackBerry is doomed. Chen is just another useless leader with no vision who will collect a pretty penny regardless of whether BlackBerry fails.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    i agree with you on the marketing : how can they be so invisible on the market? I live in Italy and it's really difficult to find a BB10 device, they should make a BB10 mobile campaign (i am sure a lot of people would be positively surprised with their first contact with a BB10 device as i was the first time).
    I don't think Chen is just another useless leader, if he rose to the BB challenge that means he found it interesting (not only economically) and he must face so many problems that i wouldn't judge him after only few months.
    Let's talk about it in 6-8 months, and see if his new devices will be assisted with some quality marketing (and aggressive pricing, very important!!!) ...
    03-28-14 05:04 PM
    My 1 dollar comments.

If I was ceo.

First start with what they are good at. Legacy devices. Then figure out the cost to run bb7 and b10 on the device.

Enhance hardware they have and make the camera better.

During this understanding the demand. If apps they need to team up jkhjhhjdyuhrerhyEeru

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:15 PM
    Opps 2 year old got a hold of that post. I'll post more later.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:51 PM
    The lack of any marketing campaign when BB10 was launched over a year was their achilles heel continues to be.

The lack of key apps is their second biggest problem. BlackBerry was lazy and figured they could just piggy back off of Android ports. If people want Android apps, they'll buy a friggin Android. They were too cheap and lazy, and their quarterly losses continue to show how out of tune they really are.

BlackBerry is led by a bunch of billionaires who will get paid regardless of what happens. That's exactly what happened to Nortel. The company went bankrupt. Executives collected millions in severance, meanwhile thousands of employees lost their jobs and their pension.
    They need to replace every 'C' level director along with all the SVP's throughout the entire company and all the board members.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    03-28-14 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10 for BB10

My question is how much would you allocate to marketing?

How much would you pay for each of the major apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 12:30 AM
    I would accelerate this and bring it to the market.....no more complaints about Z10 battery life--for the most part...
    Researchers Develop Way to Charge Devices Using Human Hands | Digital Trends
    And go bankrupt... and destroy thousands of jobs...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 12:47 AM