A large segment of Business use a CRM which is why most people who BYOD bring an iphone OR a Droid of some sort. Why can't Blackberry work with some CRM's to develop the ability to use a CRM on a Blackberry! I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it yet but Blackberry is moving further and further away from being a business tool which will not help the company - it's that type of lack of attention that's got it circling the drain.
    08-17-14 11:30 AM
    What is CRM?

CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-17-14 11:38 AM
    I will like to comment on what you mean by losing business customers.
    Mr John Chen categorically stated that they are focusing more on their business enterprise section which is very evident in what the upcoming Passport brings along. So what exactly do you mean by losing business customers.
    08-17-14 11:44 AM
    Salesforce apps are available for BB. AFAIK that's the no 1 CRM software in use. Haven't seen any NetSuite apps though.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.2.1531
    08-17-14 11:45 AM
    What is CRM?

CB10
    Wikipedia: Customer relationship management*(CRM) is a system for managing a company�s interactions with current and future*customers. It involves using technology to organize, automate and synchronize*sales,*marketing,*customer service, and*technical support.[1]

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.2.1531
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-17-14 11:48 AM
    Why can't Blackberry work with some CRM's to develop the ability to use a CRM on a Blackberry!
    As previously stated, the single largest CRM vendor, Salesforce, already has BB10 apps. But the reason the other big CRM companies don't have BB10 apps is the same reason that BB10 lacks consumer apps: BB10's marketshare is too small, making the investment of creating, maintaining, upgrading, and supporting BB10 apps unprofitable for the CRM companies.

You can rest assured that BB has been in contact with all of these companies many, many times hoping for apps, and you can also bet that they've all said more-or-less the same thing to BB: show me the marketshare. Until BB has the marketshare, most companies won't be making native BB10 apps, and that's just as true for enterprise apps as it is for consumer apps.
    08-17-14 04:28 PM
    The are 31 responses at bbw when I search crm. A few errors, many small apps and more then just one big name

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    igor10000 likes this.
    08-17-14 07:27 PM
    Is that like the CRM114 from Dr. Strangelove?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:39 AM
    Just looked at SalesNOW and Productyf CRM, not bad, but I'd like to have integration with invoicing like Street Invoice or Invoice2go (only for Android/iOS) and the BB10 native Contacts.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-26-14 11:26 PM
    Just looked at SalesNOW and Productyf CRM, not bad, but I'd like to have integration with invoicing like Street Invoice or Invoice2go (only for Android/iOS) and the BB10 native Contacts.
    Produktyf CRM inttegrates with native BlackBerry contacts (one way for now but synchronizes both ways) and we are close to launching Invoicing/Contract management app (native too). The plan is to integrate CRM with our Project Management App (native) with Invoicing app and with Money Plus so you can do seamless navigation between clients, projects, transactions, etc. Stay tuned, lots of exciting things to come ;-)

All our release apps here:

Produktyf - BlackBerry World
    08-27-14 10:27 PM
    Produktyf CRM inttegrates with native BlackBerry contacts (one way for now but synchronizes both ways) and we are close to launching Invoicing/Contract management app (native too). The plan is to integrate CRM with our Project Management App (native) with Invoicing app and with Money Plus so you can do seamless navigation between clients, projects, transactions, etc. Stay tuned, lots of exciting things to come ;-)

All our release apps here:

Produktyf - BlackBerry World
    YEAHHHHHHH!

If it works with Australian dollars and is GST (Goods and Services Tax) compliant, you'll have me as a customer. Export as Quicken/Quickbooks/MYOB or other common accounting software data.

This is what I've been looking for.

Invoice2go just doesn't cut it, it's Aussie born and bred, but like everything here too convenient and relies on Google stuff too much.

Invoice2go currently charge $99 on a yearly subscription basis!
    You can take a photo of a receipt and file it as an expense on the go, or scan a barcode of one of your products and add details and price, so when making a sale, it's just automatically inserted into the invoice when scanning. Yeah, I'm dreaming if you could add some basic stock keeping and a web interface, so my wife can use it on her Linux machine via web browser (SSL of course).

If you guys get those features going, I'm happy to pay you as much. It just needs to work...

Keep moving!

08-30-14 12:33 AM
    Shorski, this is what I mean.

I work in the auto business and am employed by a Family that operates 3 Dealerships. Back in 2009 and 2010 literally everyone within our Company had a Blackberry of one type or another. When we attended WSADA meetings or had our AE ( people from the Mfg call on us ) all these people were also packing RIM devices.

Today, we have 3 Blackberries within the company total ( one Q10 and two Z10's ). Our whole sales force moved from BB because there was ZERO ADP support and ZERO VIN Solutions CRM support. The other Auto groups I'm familir with in the Seattle area are similar in that they have either less BB's or NONE at all.

In our business demographic I've watched Blackberry go from nearly 100% to 1% ( if even that ). When I see what our AE's are using, the companies who call on us are using it's RARE to see someone still on a Blackberry - it's like a Sasquatch sighting!

If Blackberry wants to retain what's left of it's business customers it needs to jump all over this horrific situation by any means necessary. It's all but given up on the "consumer" market because it couldn't come close to competing - it's evidently already at the same level in it's business market and as a Blackberry fan who still has one I would like to see Blackberry not do down the drain - I'm simply saying what they need to do to keep out of the sewage treatment plant.
    09-10-14 03:32 PM
    Shorski, this is what I mean.

I work in the auto business and am employed by a Family that operates 3 Dealerships. Back in 2009 and 2010 literally everyone within our Company had a Blackberry of one type or another. When we attended WSADA meetings or had our AE ( people from the Mfg call on us ) all these people were also packing RIM devices.

Today, we have 3 Blackberries within the company total ( one Q10 and two Z10's ). Our whole sales force moved from BB because there was ZERO ADP support and ZERO VIN Solutions CRM support. The other Auto groups I'm familir with in the Seattle area are similar in that they have either less BB's or NONE at all.

In our business demographic I've watched Blackberry go from nearly 100% to 1% ( if even that ). When I see what our AE's are using, the companies who call on us are using it's RARE to see someone still on a Blackberry - it's like a Sasquatch sighting!

If Blackberry wants to retain what's left of it's business customers it needs to jump all over this horrific situation by any means necessary. It's all but given up on the "consumer" market because it couldn't come close to competing - it's evidently already at the same level in it's business market and as a Blackberry fan who still has one I would like to see Blackberry not do down the drain - I'm simply saying what they need to do to keep out of the sewage treatment plant.
    You are right, it's that SMB app support situation. At least if we can install the corresponding Android app on the new Android runtime on BB 10.3.x, that would be a win...

I guess that's one reason why they need to get that Android stuff working, not just because of the consumer or Google things...

...but to give SMBs those specialized industry specific apps (when the little software companies don't care or don't have the capacity to make a dedicated BB10 app...)

09-10-14 11:51 PM
    You are right, it's that SMB app support situation. At least if we can install the corresponding Android app on the new Android runtime on BB 10.3.x, that would be a win...

I guess that's one reason why they need to get that Android stuff working, not just because of the consumer or Google things...

...but to give SMBs those specialized industry specific apps (when the little software companies don't care or don't have the capacity to make a dedicated BB10 app...)

Will the maker of that app support it if it is being run on a BlackBerry? Or when someone calls in and they state they are running an Android app on a BlackBerry phone be told they don't support the app being use that way and they should buy and Apple or Android device and they will fully support them? Android app support is not a magic bullet for Business applications that probably will say we don't support Android apps on BlackBerry, unless they had a huge customer that demanded it, and maybe pay a little extra support for it.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-11-14 08:28 AM
    Will the maker of that app support it if it is being run on a BlackBerry? Or when someone calls in and they state they are running an Android app on a BlackBerry phone be told they don't support the app being use that way and they should buy and Apple or Android device and they will fully support them? Android app support is not a magic bullet for Business applications that probably will say we don't support Android apps on BlackBerry, unless they had a huge customer that demanded it, and maybe pay a little extra support for it.

You have a point, Inichols.

But I'd prefer to have at least a chance to run the app as self-supported, than no app at all on my BB.

Let's see how this whole thin works out.

09-11-14 11:08 PM
    The reality I'm looking at strongly indicates that Blackberry has blown all it's chances with "work around" solutions to problems it has. There simply isn't enough people ( at this time ) that are willing to go through the theatrics of bumbling around trying to make an Android App work on an alien platform - the masses will simply buy the Droid or the iphone or even a Windows phone. If Blackberry can't compete with the most basic and popular Apps there isn't any hope for them - they need to get caught up and start making quality devices again.

My Z10 can be fully charged and if I shut it off for a week and turn it on I'm lucky if it's got 40% battery left. My old iphone 4s can be fully charged then shut off for a month then when it's turned on it's still at 100%. My Q10 I had had to wrap tape around the battery so it would fit snug because every time I put the phone on the counter the battery would move and re-boot the phone. It's stuff like this combined with the total lack of business and popular consumer apps that's got BB in doggy-style to the other phone Mfg's now - plain and simple.

There shouldn't continue to be more excuses Blackberry has to straighten itself out before it's too late.

But I'd prefer to have at least a chance to run the app as self-supported, than no app at all on my BB.

jtv1 likes this.
    09-11-14 11:47 PM

You personal yes. I do the same. But we are talking companies where they need to be able to have guaranteed support to make sure that they don't have people in the field doing nothing because the app has a bug. Relying on an unsupported solution is going to be considered too risky to most organizations when they can pay the same amount for another brand of phone and get a supported solution.

TGR1 likes this.
    09-12-14 05:37 AM
    A Company will always go with the "supported platform" the App was made for. In my view this is an excellent point and another reason why at this point the last thing Blackberry should be concerned with is 'making a prophet'. At this point they should simply worry about trying to break even by any means they can and put the most effort into rebuilding their reputation - which would mean producing devices that customers don't have to adjust to make work such as wrapping tape around batteries, etc to keep the device from shutting off when it's put on a hard surface.

I charged my excellent ( minus the camera ) 9930 over a week ago then shut it off. I just powered it up and the battery still shows "FULL". This same thing can be duplicated with an iphone 4s, Galaxy Note 3 and my wife's iphone 5s HOWEVER the same can't be said for my Z10 because after a full charge and a week being off when you power up the phone you are lucky to have 50% battery life left. This is the sort of slip-shod craftsmen ship that went into Blackberry 10. Blackberry absolutely must cease this caliber of production! The 9900 was / is an extremely well built device and in several areas outperforms the new BB's. Especially when it comes to displaying the title of the videos you've put on it.
    Last edited by pythons; 09-13-14 at 12:20 PM.
    09-13-14 11:27 AM