So you think Canadians are buying up all of those legacy devices? Maybe BlackBerry should pull out of all markets except Nigeria and Indonesia.

Without the facts, which you admit you don't have, what you recommend is silly. For all you know, the so called "BlackBerry hating Americans" are buying more BlackBerry device than the "flag waving Canadians" are. Wouldn't it be a bad idea to pull out of the US if that were the case?
    I have the same facts you do. It's just an idea.

Sent from my Z30
    12-13-13 11:10 AM
    No but it would be lessened greatly

Sent from my Z30
    I don't think it would. Not all of the bad press comes from the USA. I've read Canadian news giving it to them. Should they exit the Canadian market also?

I think the press still pays attention so when there is another OMG WTF is BBRY doing now comes along it won't be hidden.
    12-13-13 11:12 AM
    Anyone who buys a specific phone , or anything for that matter, in order to "not to get laughed at", is a complete and utter moron.

People raised their eye brows when I said I wanted to get Z10, now they all want to try it and use it. I always get the comments ,

wow it does that , this , who knew lol never run your business solely on trends. It will eventually fail and fail hard. BB has very good security smooth OS and great functionality. its not a toy its superb business mobile platform. They just need to market it and show it.

Ferrari only has less than 1 % of total car market. Should they close up shop? What about JEEP? Plenty of products and businesses are very viable with low market share.
    world saviour likes this.
    12-13-13 11:12 AM
    Anyone who buys a specific phone , or anything for that matter, in order to "not to get laughed at", is a complete and utter moron.

People raised their eye brows when I said I wanted to get Z10, now they all want to try it and use it. I always get the comments ,

wow it does that , this , who knew lol never run your business solely on trends. It will eventually fail and fail hard. BB has very good security smooth OS and great functionality. its not a toy its superb business mobile platform. They just need to market it and show it.

Ferrari only has less than 1 % of total car market. Should they close up shop? What about JEEP? Plenty of products and businesses are very viable with low market share.
    I agree with the first sentence, for the rest
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    12-13-13 11:21 AM
    Pulling out other USA market might work but IMHO it might also backfire since USA is a quite a large market and also might have influence on trends in other markets. I think BlackBerry best shot is opening its on shops like Apple has and selling its devices directly without going through the carriers and then do a lot marketing
    12-13-13 11:22 AM
    I have the same facts you do. It's just an idea.

Sent from my Z30
    Ideas without facts - novel concept except around here.
    12-13-13 11:24 AM
    Ferrari is owned by Fiat and Jeep is owned by Chrysler.
    12-13-13 11:25 AM
    I'd love to see DECENTLY PRICED unlocked handsets for sale from BB online in Canada. If they get out of the handset market, I've lost interest. A new Q10 or Z30 for 300-400 direct from BB? Absolutely. It would go nicely with my Z10 (that I still owe my carrier ~$300 for).
    12-13-13 11:35 AM
    Ferrari is owned by Fiat and Jeep is owned by Chrysler.
    Actually, they're all owned by Fiat these days, but that doesn't detract from your point.

IMO, niche manufacturers thrive only when they are actually under the protective wing of a bigger organisation.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-13 11:39 AM
    I agree with some of the comments
    They shouldn't pull out of the us, but it's like they already did. I don't see BlackBerry and anywhere.
    I live in NYC, and I've seen only 3 blackberry ads in Manhattan Queens and Brooklyn, that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:42 AM
    Actually, they're all owned by Fiat these days, but that doesn't detract from your point.

IMO, niche manufacturers thrive only when they are actually under the protective wing of a bigger organisation.
    Or they have unique product that is in demand and the can be sold at very inflated profit margins. BlackBerry is having a problem selling devices at cost, so DiablohasaZ10 theory of "Plenty of products and businesses are very viable with low market share." while true, doesn't seem to apply to BlackBerry.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-13-13 11:47 AM
    What I mean by this is, they get no support from carriers, no support from the media, the general sentiment is to bash BlackBerry in the US. I feel like if they take a break from that market and just refocus their energy and money on areas where they still have a decent market share they can rebuild their image and then try the US market in a couple years as the "all new Blackberry ltd"

Sent from my Z30
    Isn't that what the currently assumed game plan is? BB10's launch comes to mind.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:49 AM
    They need the American market. Apple basically makes all its money from the us market alone. For BlackBerry to pull out pretty much means they failed. Why would they want to sell in third world or developing countries where people can't afford such things let alone apps.

It's not the Americas fault BlackBerry had the worse marketing ever. BlackBerry essentially did it to themselves and they need to undo it now, get off the high horse they think they are on and get down and realize they effed up.
    Stop laying blame to America and the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-13 11:50 AM
    They need the American market. Apple basically makes all its money from the us market alone. For BlackBerry to pull out pretty much means they failed. Why would they want to sell in third world or developing countries where people can't afford such things let alone apps.

It's not the Americas fault BlackBerry had the worse marketing ever. BlackBerry essentially did it to themselves and they need to undo it now, get off the high horse they think they are on and get down and realize they effed up.

Posted via CB10
    Apple is not BlackBerry. I'm not blaming America as I stated previously, it is what it is, it's blackberry's fault, but they still need to find a solution to continue their business

Sent from my Z30
    12-13-13 11:58 AM
    Apple is not BlackBerry. I'm not blaming America as I stated previously, it is what it is, it's blackberry's fault, but they still need to find a solution to continue their business

Sent from my Z30
    And leaving the American market sure isn't one of those solutions I can tell you that.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-13-13 12:10 PM
    Wow, the US government is one of the largest customers. American corporations are also some of the largest and wealthiest in the world. I don't think they should pull out, but I do think focusing on the average consumer at this point in time would be a mistake. They might be on the right track by focusing on enterprise and a multi platform experience, while doing what they say they aren't and (rumor) adding direct access to the android app selection. All the stores I have been in say they love many aspect of the phones and OS but ALWAYS Come back to a lack of apps (and occasionally dog on the camera).
    I believe the 10.2.1 software cycle does catch up to the competition, so if they can brand it as a competitive OS, solid design, access to all android apps, with security that can't be beat, they would eventually get back to a significant market share. All this assumes they stop shooting themselves in the foot with over hyped product launches, putting themselves up for sale, and breaking promises. I won't even start on all the missed marketing opportunities in the last year with all the NSA drama. Also, many corporate folks are forced to use BB. These are often affluent and influential people. Give them a reason to sing praises about BlackBerry and it will regain it's position as a status symbol. Tough road but it can be done with proper management and strategy.
    12-13-13 12:15 PM
    Wow, the US government is one of the largest customers. American corporations are also some of the largest and wealthiest in the world. I don't think they should pull out, but I do think focusing on the average consumer at this point in time would be a mistake. They might be on the right track by focusing on enterprise and a multi platform experience, while doing what they say they aren't and (rumor) adding direct access to the android app selection. All the stores I have been in say they love many aspect of the phones and OS but ALWAYS Come back to a lack of apps (and occasionally dog on the camera).
    I believe the 10.2.1 software cycle does catch up to the competition, so if they can brand it as a competitive OS, solid design, access to all android apps, with security that can't be beat, they would eventually get back to a significant market share. All this assumes they stop shooting themselves in the foot with over hyped product launches, putting themselves up for sale, and breaking promises. I won't even start on all the missed marketing opportunities in the last year with all the NSA drama. Also, many corporate folks are forced to use BB. These are often affluent and influential people. Give them a reason to sing praises about BlackBerry and it will regain it's position as a status symbol. Tough road but it can be done with proper management and strategy.
    This is strictly consumer based discussion.

Sent from my Z30
    12-13-13 12:16 PM
    No need to pull out of the US just have a better marketing plan. My bad, HAVE a marketing plan
    12-13-13 12:24 PM
    Having the phones only available online would be a huge inconvenience to Americans.

We live in a "we want it and we want it now" culture, where even the IDEA of having to wait a couple days for something we order just seems annoying.

And if there's one thing Americans hate, it's to be inconvenienced. FFS, we barely like to get out of our cars to order food.

BlackBerry hasn't pulled out of the US market, they've simply been pushed out, and really haven't done a whole lot about it.

Pretty disheartening to see.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-13-13 12:36 PM
    Until they show some pride in the product it won't be much, show commercials with people doing everyday things so they can relate, even if its on youtube
    12-13-13 12:38 PM
    [Mr. Picky] Fiat owns 58.5% of Chrysler. So they more control, than own. [/Mr. Picky]
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-13-13 12:38 PM
    WHOA THERE!! Just let me get my Z30 first!!
    DiablohasaZ10 likes this.
    12-13-13 12:44 PM
    Businesses aren't a consumer? Since when? They buy and use resources with their money like the general population. It seems obvious to me that Blackberry doesn't distinguish between business oriented and non business oriented consumers because if they didn't what is the point of Balance?
    12-13-13 12:47 PM
    Haha. I used to have a Nexus 7 (actually still have it but never use it), my Dell Venue Pro 8.1 is a much more useful device. Taking One Note notes with a pen can't be beat!
    12-13-13 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple makes more money over seas than it does in the United States.
    12-13-13 12:59 PM
232 12345 ...