To address the point that BlackBerry should go private, I must say that's an even worse off decision because it would mean there would be a greater challenge to build up revenue to build hand sets, literally forcing them to really become a service and app company, and that would mean the days where BlackBerry still build phones is none.

Posted via CB10
    Uphill battle all around.

According to the latest financial statements, BlackBerry has lost about 68 per cent of its enterprise business customers over the past few years, dropping from 250,000 to 80,000. They are allowing free downloads until end of 2013. Then they will unleash the defined, new, sales force on the list.
    12-27-13 10:43 PM
    Kantar's latest numbers show that they have already pulled out of the US:

I Think Blackberry should pull out of the US market completely-kantar-smartphone-marketshare.jpg

iPhone market share shrinks as Android, Windows Phone grow | Apple - CNET News
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-06-14 11:57 AM
    I think this is garbage. One sexy and powerful device with top of the line specs and they would be back. Blackberry still has a pretty big following here too.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:19 AM
    Not everyone wants an android. It's just the world is flooded with them.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-16-14 09:20 AM
    I think this is garbage. One sexy and powerful device with top of the line specs and they would be back. Blackberry still has a pretty big following here too.
    If your post is correct, you're basically calling BBRY's management incompetent, and if BBRY's management is incompetent, then they're not going to deliver a sexy device with top of the line specs. It's a bit of a catch 22.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-16-14 11:27 AM
    You think dumb things

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    01-16-14 11:39 AM
    Refocus on areas where they still have a presence, like Canada, UK, South Africa, Indonesia,UAE, Nigeria and even Australia where they are showing some growth. Spend all marketing dollars in these areas, rebuild the brand and the reputation and act like a start up business once the job cuts are complete. They should offer their entire line of phones unlocked online and at COMPETITIVE prices. BlackBerry started off in Canada, maybe they need to restart their as well.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Z30
    The issue with that is those are much smaller countries. UAE has a population under 10 million. Even with blackberrys small 3.2% market share that is still more than 10 million units. Blackberry would need to sell a phone to everyone in that country to make that true.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 12:56 PM
232 ... 8910