I don't know how it happened but it just flashed in to my head and everything made sense. I'm no way related to BlackBerry all I have is a 2+ year old Z10.

I think the slider will run android Amy be a tweaked version with hub and some other BlackBerry features. Any why the slider? It's the only way you can have iconic BlackBerry keyboard with out affecting the aspect ratio. Many android apps may not run on a phone like Q10.

He may maintain a Blackberry10 just because some Clients may need superior security. And rest of the world get a android version.

He fired the tat people because coming BlackBerryies run android and don't need them.

Any thoughts?

Mdn.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 02:54 AM
    He can fill the app gap, get people physical keyboard.

Any may monetize hub and bbm.

Brilliant idea..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 02:57 AM
    There's already hints that it's going to be 'different' so your theory might be true

Simply 
    05-31-15 03:07 AM
    There won't be a BerryDroid.

They will fix up and make the Android compatibility so awesome that a hardened Android by BlackBerry is not needed. It wouldn't have Google Services anyway...

What I could imagine is this:

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/microsoft-google-cyanogen/

"MICROSOFT JUST TOOK ANDROIDS FUTURE OUT OF GOOGLES HANDS

WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT that Microsoft would partner with the truly open-source, Android-based Cyanogen OS to provide a bundled suite of apps, both companies made one thing very clear: Androids not just for Google anymore.

The partnership, as detailed by Cyanogen yesterday, will allow the budding mobile OS to integrate Microsoft apps like Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, OneDrive, and OneNote. The subtext here is that these apps can act as a replacement for the ones that Google appends to its Android releases, such as Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, and more.

...." [please go to site to view full article]

With mighty Microsoft weighing in and "helping" Android along, Android's dependance on Google apps might finally get broken...

... enabling others (like BlackBerry) to create a freer, still fully functional distribution of "Android", or leaving them free to add any apps wanted or needed to create a functional or fully customiz(ed/able) experience.

Why Google Search if you can have Bing, or Duckduckgo? Add Onedrive, or any other cloud storage? Maps? Choose what suits you. Rinse, repeat for other apps and functionality. All on Android, minus compulsory Google stuff pre-installed...?

So if substitute apps are created or made available that fulfill the need or replace Google-bound apps, this will only help BlackBerry.

If Google Services are not required to install and run these apps, even better.

BlackBerry is happy to and will cooperate with all platforms, and Microsoft in enterprise is only a natural fit.

Any input or corrections?
    I'm just throwing this out here,... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-31-15 03:11 AM
    Just hoping we won't end up then with "MS Services required to run this app" kind of error

Simply 
    MrDoreth and anon(8908445) like this.
    05-31-15 05:07 AM
    I don't know how it happened but it just flashed in to my head and everything made sense. I'm no way related to BlackBerry all I have is a 2+ year old Z10.

I think the slider will run android Amy be a tweaked version with hub and some other BlackBerry features. Any why the slider? It's the only way you can have iconic BlackBerry keyboard with out affecting the aspect ratio. Many android apps may not run on a phone like Q10.

He may maintain a Blackberry10 just because some Clients may need superior security. And rest of the world get a android version.

He fired the tat people because coming BlackBerryies run android and don't need them.

Any thoughts?

Mdn.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you man. That's exactly what's going to happen!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:57 AM
    I agree with you man. That's exactly what's going to happen!

Posted via CB10
    I'll go iOS then. Android apps are inferior to the ones I see in iOS anyway, and Apple isn't reselling data to highest bidders. Tired of having to implement one band-aid after another just for apps. This also does nothing to address the tons of Android apps that are dependent on Google services, and more so each times apps are updated now. App makers would still have to release separate apps from the one in the play store and I don't see that happening. Plus do you think Microsoft is going to let BB10 in on this deal and these apps?

Posted via Z30
    05-31-15 09:02 AM
    Microsoft virtually own the enterprise, desktop and laptop world and has billion of dollars in cash. They in no way compared to BlackBerry and can have all these experiments.

Most of the people who has ever left BlackBerry and went to ios or android missed PKB and hub. Slider can fix this two by porting hub to android and I believe that's what BlackBerry engineers must be doing.

After the launch of that BlackBerry will rewrote all his popular applications to android and can make some money through advertising or subscription.

Now Foxconn is making hardware and Google develops android Blackberry can more focus on software and services.

I don't think they will discard BB10 they will keep it running by small updates and may clean up the blackberry world to have only certified enterprise applications.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 11:13 AM
    Plus most of tech review I read these days on blackberry bashes only two things, inferior hardware and app gap. Slider can fix this both plus they can save money by stopping some services like maps or docs. And concentrate more on their strengths like enterprise communications and security.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 11:24 AM

They will fix up and make the Android compatibility so awesome that a hardened Android by BlackBerry is not needed. It wouldn't have Google Services anyway...

Microsoft Just Took Android?s Future Out of Google?s Hands | WIRED

"MICROSOFT JUST TOOK ANDROID’S FUTURE OUT OF GOOGLE’S HANDS

WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT that Microsoft would partner with the truly open-source, Android-based Cyanogen OS to provide a bundled suite of apps, both companies made one thing very clear: Android’s not just for Google anymore.

The partnership, as detailed by Cyanogen yesterday, will allow the budding mobile OS to integrate Microsoft apps like Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, OneDrive, and OneNote. The subtext here is that these apps can act as a replacement for the ones that Google appends to its Android releases, such as Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, and more.

With mighty Microsoft weighing in and "helping" Android along, Android's dependance on Google apps might finally get broken...

... enabling others (like BlackBerry) to create a freer, still fully functional distribution of "Android", or leaving them free to add any apps wanted or needed to create a functional or fully customiz(ed/able) experience.

Why Google Search if you can have Bing, or Duckduckgo? Add Onedrive, or any other cloud storage? Maps? Choose what suits you. Rinse, repeat for other apps and functionality. All on Android, minus compulsory Google stuff pre-installed...?

So if substitute apps are created or made available that fulfill the need or replace Google-bound apps, this will only help BlackBerry.

BlackBerry is happy to and will cooperate with all platforms, and Microsoft in enterprise is only a natural fit.

•   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   •
    Very interesting! I can see Blackberry cutting a deal with MS and Cyanogen
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-31-15 06:47 PM
    Slider is a BB10 device. BlackBerry is not going to come out with Android. If you want Android so bad, buy a Android.
    People buy BlackBerry because it's a BlackBerry and because it's the best.

Posted via CB10
    theotherjoeboy and thymaster like this.
    06-01-15 01:06 PM
    Slider is a BB10 device. BlackBerry is not going to come out with Android. If you want Android so bad, buy a Android.
    People buy BlackBerry because it's a BlackBerry and because it's the best.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Slider and future releases will have BB10. Chen will probably monitize the hub making some sort of hub environment for iOS and Android users so they can have a BB10 experience. Chen has said over and over that he is ramping their software reach as their main driver. If this is the focus why get a 3ird party insecure OS running on your hardware? If you want an android then your not shopping at blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-07-15 12:03 PM
    Android. No thanks.

If I wanted that I would have got it a long time with way better choices like HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung OnePlusOne, Sony, and Huawei which all of them claim they have the best hardware and competitive prices already. BlackBerry will be slaughtered if they move into their territory.

I got a BlackBerry because BB10 is different and does what I need and more then what an Android phone can offer me.
    06-07-15 03:13 PM

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/microsoft-google-cyanogen/

WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT that Microsoft would partner with the truly open-source, Android-based Cyanogen OS to provide a bundled suite of apps, both companies made one thing very clear: Androids not just for Google anymore.

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    100 percent agree. Nothing more to be said. Android apps will become a default but not the platform. Interesting model and one that I think will be quite positive for all except Apple which is trying to maintain their wall garden. Didn't end well the first time.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:46 AM
    100 percent agree. Nothing more to be said. Android apps will become a default but not the platform. Interesting model and one that I think will be quite positive for all except Apple which is trying to maintain their wall garden. Didn't end well the first time.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the thing though. Security people and organizations like walled gardens for an OS. It provides an extra guarantee of security and control. I think that Apple, if they make the rumored security changes in iOS 9 that have been floating around, combined with their walled garden, may become the choice for security conscious organizations for phones. They already own the Enterprise, and I think this could push them over in the regulated markets and government. Now will BES be the MDM for these devices, or will Apple provide a solution.

Posted via Z30
    06-08-15 10:28 AM
    So... Chen's secret remains safe after all. The Android theory has already been considered and rejected in other threads. I intend to wait and see.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    06-08-15 10:55 AM
    Yeah, I'll remain in wait-n-see mode. Personally, I hope it doesn't happen. May end up with a different fruity device.

Posted from my Z30; 10.3.2.2204 OS.
    06-13-15 08:40 PM
    I think they'll create a new OS.

It'll be called DD10

Dark DROID.

It'll be for stuck up people and the main feature will be the SNUB where all the messages will be located.

More details to come for DD10.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-13-15 08:45 PM
    I don't mind if they go android w bb10 features. My concern is, will my passport have the option to switch to BlackBerry android?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:01 PM
    Plus most of tech review I read these days on blackberry bashes only two things, inferior hardware and app gap. Slider can fix this both plus they can save money by stopping some services like maps or docs. And concentrate more on their strengths like enterprise communications and security.
    what a slider wont do is enable one hand operation, which is one of the primary advantages of the physical keyboard on the bold and classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:58 PM