Given how many updates, new apps and games are coming to blackberry i feel like developers have more faith in this company. at the end it is beneficial to them to have 4 players in the game instead of 3 players. I find it interesting that there are good apps like Live 24 Racing or games like Bullet Time which are only available on IOS and Blackberry but not on Android platform. I think even though Blackberry has sold few of new phones compared to Android developers are willing to develop for blackberry because

1. android piracy is just incredibly on android phones. developers end up making little money with this platform
    2. because of android player on bb10 which let them put apps on blackberry with little effort
    3. because of tight blackberry security and no existing piracy on blackberry phones

I have seen some developers like for app Photo Studio Pro which first came with android port and eventually developed BB10 native app. i mean i do not see developer like that to go extra mile and develop native app unless they made money on android port.

Some apps will not show up on Blackberry platform because of politics. Especially google products like google maps etc. they are not available for windows phones and will not be available for blackberry phones (at least official from google). the only reason why google makes them available for ios is because of apple market share. google is not suicidal and it will not develop apps for its competition that might be small today and big problem down the road.

anyways enjoy your blackberry phone. I want z30 sooooooooooooooo bad.
    Sexy Sadie and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-23-13 12:49 PM
    It's a decent platform. It's easy to develop for (and they've worked hard to make it easier). Even better, they seem committed to improving BB10.

And the icing on the cake: how easy it is for Android devs to move their stuff over if they want. Made all the easier with the Jelly Bean runtime in 10.2.
    09-23-13 04:10 PM
    We the users here at Crackberry are quite loyal.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-23-13 04:45 PM
    We the users here at Crackberry are quite loyal.
    sure, but there is a lot of queen dramas here as well
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-24-13 01:42 AM
    i think you may mean those who claim "i have a blackberry / used to have a blackberry so i'm entitled to criticize blackberry in any way i like"-drama queens.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    bitek likes this.
    09-24-13 04:07 AM

1. android piracy is just incredibly on android phones. developers end up making little money with this platform
    2. because of android player on bb10 which let them put apps on blackberry with little effort
    3. because of tight blackberry security and no existing piracy on blackberry phones

No piracy on BlackBerry Phones???

Little effort require to convert and get Android Apps to work??

Android developer make very little money?

There have been places to download BlackBerry BAR files, long before there was an Android Player.

There are post here on CrackBerry, from a number of Android developers that have had problems converting their apps and getting them to work properly on BB10. And I have even used a few apps from App World that are ports that don't work right still.

Have no idea how profitable building apps for Android is... just know there hasn't been an explosion of developers trying to give the safe, secure and profitable BB World a shot. And while most any app is appreciated for our platform... but it is the BIG Apps that matter.

But the simple truth is you are talking about the PAST. Last Friday and yesterday have changed everything about future development for BlackBerry.
    Tre Lawrence and mikeo007 like this.
    09-24-13 08:51 AM
    LOL @ "no piracy on BB phones."
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-24-13 08:53 AM

There have been places to download BlackBerry BAR files, long before there was an Android Player.

There are post here on CrackBerry, from a number of Android developers that have had problems converting their apps and getting them to work properly on BB10. And I have even used a few apps from App World that are ports that don't work right still.

Have no idea how profitable building apps for Android is... just know there hasn't been an explosion of developers trying to give the safe, secure and profitable BB World a shot. And while most any app is appreciated for our platform... but it is the BIG Apps that matter.

But the simple truth is you are talking about the PAST. Last Friday and yesterday have changed everything about future development for BlackBerry.
    wasn't the original sideloading website were meant for devs to use? that apk to bar thing?
    09-24-13 08:57 AM
    wasn't the original sideloading website were meant for devs to use? that apk to bar thing?
    It didn't have anything to do with developers converting their own apps. BlackBerry provided the tools directly to developer. APK to BAR was and is for users to convert whatever APK file that they want to a BAR file. Now there are filters on some PAID apps....

But what I was saying is that there have always been places where you could download even pirated apps for BBOS. The OP incorrect stated that they was NO piracy on the BlackBerry platform, I assume he meant native application and wasn't including sideloading as technically all sideloaded apps (even free) are pirated.
    09-24-13 10:39 AM
    Oy je.
    09-25-13 05:02 AM

This does not count. android phones are easily hacked. apk files are all over the internet and then they can be put on blackberry phone. it is not possible however to pull bar files from say z10 and put it on the internet for others to sideload.
    09-25-13 09:21 PM
    Android developers make little money due to piracy?

Aren't there quite a few millionaire app builders for android? Besides the security benefits of BlackBerry what does it have? Android has one thing that BlackBerry can only dream of and that's users. Even if half the android population pirated an app the developer would still make more money off it than they could with BlackBerry with its supposed "no piracy" you mention.

All the security in the world doesn't matter if no one is using it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 09:31 PM