After all, who is left on the platform? The diehard and most loyal to the brand. Just upgraded to 10.3 and with BlackBerry I just keep losing. IE. Me!

*No Flash
    *No Air
    *No Recent Apps
    *No Netflix

I've had all of these programs since the day the z10 was out. I upgraded to 10.3, and this downgraded my phone. My upgrade options now include...

*Phones that I can't replace the battery.
    *HDMI and USB in one plug
    *Great screen and camera, but wont fit in my pocket
    *classic, but not in the classic size
    *physical keyboard but not the blackberry keyboard.

Anyone else feel the same?

Would it be soo hard to develop a 9860/torch/storm style phone? Add a variation as a slider. Add all the good options from all BlackBerry phones and concentrate on that?

BlackBerry doesn't need to shift their focus to software, the need to focus on building blackberry phones that appeal to the blackberry core users and forget about chasing other markets.

Am I wrong to think this?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:02 PM
    *No Flash
    *No Air
    ^ Well that is because the company that owns Flash and Air, stopped supporting mobile platforms years ago and has no updates or security patches. Also, the web has evolved past Adobe for HTML5, which is fully supported within the BlackBerry Browser.
    YouTube no longer supports Flash at all.
    The Flash platform is dead.

*No Recent Apps
    *No Netflix
    ^ Amazon Store.
    03-03-15 02:17 PM
    >flash - i know about adobe dropping it, but that was one huge advantage BlackBerry had over everyone. There are a ton of sites and software that need this. I dont like flash at all, but I need it, so thats that. What about AIR?

>netflix does not show up on amazon, does it show up.for everyone else ? I have a z10. My previous android sideload no longer works.

>recent apps - what I meant to say was that on 10.2 when I clicked on search, all my recent alps were there, the new assistant dropped that. Did they add this somewhere else?

Thanks for the reply !

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:54 PM
    Adobe AIR is still supported by Adobe, but as it runs using a Flash framework, it is moot for platforms that have dropped Flash.

Netflix on Amazon, looks like somethings changed as it no longer shows for me also. (Z30)
    However, using Cobalt's patched Google Play, I could grab and install from there:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/
    03-03-15 06:51 PM
    No it does not seem like it... but sometimes when things progress we get left behind.... if we get stuck on having old software them eventually they become orphaned... it is what a happened to my 3 Playbooks... ( still use them everyday in my household ).... you will not see BB going back to the old hardware and software as it is what almost killed them in the first place... Maybe the OP has to find a different platform to help with their needs....
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-03-15 07:00 PM
    You're too specific and too demanding.

Blackberry was dying for not reacting to industry trends and not moving on.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:00 PM
    But why did they launch an old Z30 in new design and why are they leaking an old fashioned Torch?
    If they really want to be the future of mobile communications and iot so why don't they get forward also in design and why don't they use their design patents they have?
    I really don't get it why they did not show a real wow device... Seems they are still sleeping
    03-03-15 08:20 PM
    After all, who is left on the platform? The diehard and most loyal to the brand. Just upgraded to 10.3 and with BlackBerry I just keep losing. IE. Me!

*No Flash
    *No Air
    *No Recent Apps
    *No Netflix

I've had all of these programs since the day the z10 was out. I upgraded to 10.3, and this downgraded my phone. My upgrade options now include...

Would it be soo hard to develop a 9860/torch/storm style phone? Add a variation as a slider. Add all the good options from all BlackBerry phones and concentrate on that?

BlackBerry doesn't need to shift their focus to software, the need to focus on building blackberry phones that appeal to the blackberry core users and forget about chasing other markets.

Posted via CB10
    While I respect your right to voice dissatisfaction with BlackBerry, I still believe people don't invest in BlackBerry for the reasons you stated. Sure, it would be nice to be all things to all people. Like Apple has the best application library and performance, BlackBerry centers on communication (HUB, Physical Keys, LED Light, Email...).

Good luck finding something that fits your needs.
    03-03-15 08:21 PM
    While I respect your right to voice dissatisfaction with BlackBerry, I still believe people don't invest in BlackBerry for the reasons you stated. Sure, it would be nice to be all things to all people. Like Apple has the best application library and performance, BlackBerry centers on communication (HUB, Physical Keys, LED Light, Email...).

That's exactly it though. Blackberry has offered everything I need, and for most members here as well. The thing is, products do not evolve. I've had the hub since the playbook, android since the playbook, I can run ALL the apps I need on the PB and how many generations back is that? I have a magnetic quicksilver charger, hdmi out, and usb all on one device!!

And I do have other tablets, all high end, and PB is the better choice because of a better interface.

I bring up the PB because it is the most outdated of all my devices yet it has 64GB storage and suits all my needs.

Innovation is about more, better, cheaper, faster, softer, healthier, etc...

To me innovation would have been that the new device would have had z30 specs in a z10 size. SuperAmoled, 4k, Dolby Digital, separate hdmi, usba and why not, add the magnetic charger. This is for starters working on what has already been released.

One good thing about not updating the playbook anymore is that they can't remove air and flash and I can continue to watch and stream all my movies on it. LoL!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:49 PM
    Playbook also has loud front facing stereo speakers, which many other tablets still don't have. Heck, my kids broke the screen on mine and the darn thing still works great, even with a huge spider web on it.

If only it had 2GB of RAM and a dual core cpu. Then it would have gotten BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:43 PM

Once the hub is available on other devices, people will get something that fits their needs. Plus a never ending ecosystem and dozens of uptodate devices to choose from... Your right it's gonna be a win win
    03-04-15 12:01 AM

*No Flash
    *No Air
    *No Recent Apps
    *No Netflix

Posted via CB10
    The Torch/Storm touch screen phones were the beginning of the end for BlackBerry, and most phones now are much larger. That is the direction the market was in. If BlackBerry made custom phones, where you could create your own, then sure. The Storm/Torch you're talking about did not appeal to many people. It was hardly a hit. What BlackBerry was/is known for is their keyboard. The Z10 went unsold and cost the company a billion dollars in a write down. Not good.

Netflix? Well, BlackBerry tried. They courted big app developers, largely to no avail. There is Netflix in the Amazon App Store, but you also seem to want to put your phone in your pocket, so I'm not sure how good the viewing of a movie would be on a screen that small.

BlackBerry absolutely needs to focus on software, in order to get the money to spend on hardware. Just try and find a new BlackBerry you like. I didn't like the idea of a non removable battery. But now I have a Passport and Z30 and I don't even miss it. HDMI and USB in one plug is a lot prettier than the side of my Z30 with two ports, that's for sure. The Classic has the traditional BlackBerry keyboard, it's as close to the "old" BlackBerry that we will ever get.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-04-15 12:08 AM
    Adobe AIR is still supported by Adobe, but as it runs using a Flash framework, it is moot for platforms that have dropped Flash.
    Actually not entirely true. IOS has never had Flash but supports AIR apps just fine last I checked. And AIR apps are still supported and work well on Android.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-04-15 12:12 AM
    I didn't like the idea of a non removable battery. But now I have a Passport and Z30 and I don't even miss it.
    I have a passport. The non removable battery is an annoyance, I use my phones a lot. I've had days with less than 6hrs battery life, a swappable battery would be nice.

03-04-15 12:16 AM
    But why did they launch an old Z30 in new design and why are they leaking an old fashioned Torch?
    If they really want to be the future of mobile communications and iot so why don't they get forward also in design and why don't they use their design patents they have?
    I really don't get it why they did not show a real wow device... Seems they are still sleeping
    Do you want them to whip up a circle shaped phone or something? If the passport hasn't wow'd you then Idk what will.

At the end of the day it's a PHONE, form should follow function,so options are a bit limited imo

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:20 AM
    I have a passport. The non removable battery is an annoyance, I use my phones a lot. I've had days with less than 6hrs battery life, a swappable battery would be nice.

I've never missed the battery, though it would be cool for BlackBerry to make an accessory that runs the length of the base of the Passport, and attaches by being plugged into the USB port, a battery pack that also charges, functioning like the Q10/Z10 battery bundle thing. Like a battery stick, if you will.
    03-04-15 12:22 AM
    I've never missed the battery, though it would be cool for BlackBerry to make an accessory that runs the length of the base of the Passport, and attaches by being plugged into the USB port, a battery pack that also charges, functioning like the Q10/Z10 battery bundle thing. Like a battery stick, if you will.
    You mean like this?

http://shop.brando.com/Power-Jacket-...c1629d003.html

03-04-15 12:34 AM
    You mean like this?

Power Jacket for BlackBerry Z30 - 3200mAh

That is really cool! I didn't know they made those. That is perfect for the Z30, but for newer BB10 phones, the port is on the bottom, so I was thinking of adding just a compact battery stick to the bottom, where it would snap into place and power the phone.

Like this, imagine if the thing on the bottom was bigger and was a battery and plugged into the USB there.
    Attachment 338661
    03-04-15 12:46 AM
    I am also using a PP, but yesterday there was no real new phone just old things in new hardcase. Or did you see more than me?

There was a Leap - an Z30 in different design
    There was a leak of a Torch in BB10 design
    There was a PD and a Classic in some colors. Tell me please what was really new there?
    Just partnership with Samsung which makes even less calm - waiting for a Samsung on a Torch
    03-04-15 09:17 AM
    That is really cool! I didn't know they made those. That is perfect for the Z30, but for newer BB10 phones, the port is on the bottom, so I was thinking of adding just a compact battery stick to the bottom, where it would snap into place and power the phone.

Like this, imagine if the thing on the bottom was bigger and was a battery and plugged into the USB there.
    Attachment 338661
    I know I saw it and thought it was a brilliant step!

03-04-15 09:27 AM
    Netflix was working on my Z10 untik 10.3, as many other android apps. And they worked perfectly.

Now they dont.

Anyone find out yet where the recent searches went? Completely annoyed about this.

Removable battery, separate hdmi and usb, huge deal as hdmi does not allow usb or usb2go when hdmi is plugged in. Luckily some hdmi connections charge the device, which is good.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:09 AM
    No deal breaker for me here, the industry is moving on, so you have to move on. Like you know, we don't cd anymore.

Blackberry made the right thing by getting ride of those archaisms.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:27 AM
    Maybe your just not a Blackberry customer anymore ?

There's no question Blackberry is focusing on security and business productively and is moving away from the gadget market. Perhaps you're looking for something amusing and not a tool to get things done ?

Maybe your needs and Blackberry are moving in opposite directions.
    03-08-15 10:00 AM

Netflix on Amazon, looks like somethings changed as it no longer shows for me also. (Z30)
    However, using Cobalt's patched Google Play, I could grab and install from there:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/
    1Mobile App store has anything you will ever need. It is a basic copy of Google Play in other words.
    03-15-15 10:21 PM
    Netflix was working on my Z10 untik 10.3, as many other android apps. And they worked perfectly.

Now they dont.

Anyone find out yet where the recent searches went? Completely annoyed about this.

Removable battery, separate hdmi and usb, huge deal as hdmi does not allow usb or usb2go when hdmi is plugged in. Luckily some hdmi connections charge the device, which is good.

Posted via CB10
    To rectify the Netflix issue, you need to delete it off your phone and re-download and install it again. It seems to work fine for me. And I'm using a Q5. The wife's Z10 is also running Netflix fine after the BB10.3.1 update.
    03-15-15 10:23 PM
52 123