Now if BlackBerry had done something like this maybe they would sell more phones. Why did BlackBerry never sell one z10 get one free. Phone m8 has been out for a f ew days and already it's buy one get one free and plastered all over tv in Verizon commercials.
    HTC M8 buy one get one Free. Why did BlackBerry never do one of these?-img_20140402_075922.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:02 AM
    Framed your title into the context of the question in your post, and moving it to Armchair CEO, since it asks Marketing question.
    baspeed likes this.
    04-02-14 07:09 AM
    they used to do them all the time in the days of hyper growth and BBOS
    nick13b likes this.
    04-02-14 07:10 AM
    It came out buy one get one free. Its available as a in store Verizon exclusive, the day it was announced it was available to buy. BlackBerry probably does not have the clout to do buy one get one free.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-02-14 07:11 AM
    When I purchased my storm 1 I got two of them. It was buy one get one free. I have not seen a deal like that through verizon for BlackBerry since.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:24 AM
    Again just seen the commercial. Wasn't 20 minutes it's back on tv. I had two friends step brothers one was gonna get z30 other M8. Now I bet they both get the M8 and save money. I'm not gonna tell them lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:33 AM
    When they go into Verizon do you not think the sales rep is gonna say "u don't want the BlackBerry, no apps, might not be here next year. You should go with buy one get one free"

Tough market

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:35 AM
    Framed your title into the context of the question in your post, and moving it to Armchair CEO, since it asks Marketing question.
    I should of worded it better. Thanks. In no way am I promoting HTC. I will say if I had to pick any phone besides BlackBerry it would be the new HTC. Its the closest thing to a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:37 AM
    Can't afford to give phones away, even if they could first you would have to have phones on display. Then you have the issue that you can't get a z30 unless you have Verizon, no z10s on the shelf, only q10s there is your answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:50 AM
    Can't afford to give phones away, even if they could first you would have to have phones on display. Then you have the issue that you can't get a z30 unless you have Verizon, no z10s on the shelf, only q10s there is your answer.

Posted via CB10
    He carrier already has the devices to do it. Its the problem of, would people come and take a BOGO Blackberry deal? If they don't then the carrier loses money and carriers don't like that.

04-02-14 08:03 AM
    It's actually the carriers that do these deals, and they do it to sell more contracts. You do realize you have to accept 2 contracts right?
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    04-02-14 08:12 AM
    It always seems strange to me when your newest top end product is immediately offered BOGO. Just doesn't feel as good, although as pkcable says Verizon is clever to mine the launch hype.
    04-02-14 08:23 AM
    Seen commercial two more times. I think it was an app situation. Why sell a phone and have customer say "why can't I get xxxxxx" then return the phone. What is so tough for BlackBerry 10 to get the big time apps? Bb10 can't even get bank apps. Kinda crazy. Or your surveillance Cameras app. If my bud gets a z30 I am gonna have to show him how to download apps. He would be coming from ios. What is so tough and why would theses companies have BlackBerry 10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:37 AM
    You do realize that phone already flopped once and are using a marketing push to get some sales on the M8. It's no secret HTC is losing buckets of money..
    04-02-14 08:49 AM
    You do realize that phone already flopped once and are using a marketing push to get some sales on the M8. It's no secret HTC is losing buckets of money..
    So verizon is kinda lending a hand to HTC. They must also believe in the phone with its 4 mgpx camera.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:55 AM
    HTC is trying at least has commercials and people love their products.
    04-02-14 09:47 AM
    So verizon is kinda lending a hand to HTC. They must also believe in the phone with its 4 mgpx camera.

Posted via CB10
    Camera is good for the normal stuff people do. But if you are trying to get the best shots, look elsewhere.
    04-02-14 09:47 AM
    HTC is trying at least has commercials and people love their products.
    If people loved their products they'd actually turn a profit. HTC built so much junk over the years. You can advertise all you want. Doesn't mean it will sell. Much like the m7, m8 will be another bomb. Selling at a loss doesn't fix the bottom line..
    raino likes this.
    04-02-14 09:54 AM
    Only makes the argument more relevant... as flopped and losing buckets of money on devices applies to them also.

The problem is the Carrier's are the ones making these offers, and they can offset the cost because these deals lead to new multiple contracts. But it's key that these devices be attractive to users to begin with. While the HTC One (M8) is not the powerhouse the iPhone and Galaxy devises are, it has pretty good specs, has been well reviewed and is part of the most widely used mobile platform on the earth.

BlackBerry could do this on their own store if they wanted, but they don't have any way to recoup the loss of revenue on the 2nd device.
    04-02-14 10:00 AM
    You all do realise this whole offer is based around the pun "get a free M8 for your mate", right? Because of that alone I feel like it should be a horribly unsuccessful deal.
    And that also explains why it is just this device and not any other like the Z10/30, the pun does not work with those.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    04-02-14 10:05 AM
    If people loved their products they'd actually turn a profit. HTC built so much junk over the years. You can advertise all you want. Doesn't mean it will sell. Much like the m7, m8 will be another bomb. Selling at a loss doesn't fix the bottom line..
    BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 10:16 AM
    In Canada, the z30 is free on a two year contract. Both free seems like a better deal.
    04-02-14 10:17 AM
    Camera is good for the normal stuff people do.
    But it is not better than the M7's. So why would people waste money on the M8? They wouldn't...if it wasn't for such "deals."
    Baruugh likes this.
    04-02-14 11:17 AM
    HTC had a lot more firsts compared to other companies. First 4G phone in america, first 1080p screened phone, first 3D imaging phone, First Android phone. Its not that its junk, its just that Samsung locks people into their Galaxy brand.

04-02-14 12:45 PM
    But it is not better than the M7's. So why would people waste money on the M8? They wouldn't...if it wasn't for such "deals."
    True. But it has significant improvements under the hood and in software.

04-02-14 12:46 PM
30 12