I take it that the market is wrong about BlackBerry. Try to be objective....at least sometimes
    If 25% is insufficient, what number would you be looking for?
    08-13-17 02:01 PM
    I think maybe the big shareholder here has an interest in the company not taking necessary risks and being a zombie company. That's because he wants his notes paid! That explains everything, doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    Since his note is the only reason the company is still alive, I guess he got to negotiate that and many other things. It's the golden rule. He with the gold makes the rules.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-13-17 07:45 PM
    Since his note is the only reason the company is still alive, I guess he got to negotiate that and many other things. It's the golden rule. He with the gold makes the rules.
    The "choice" between figuring out some way of getting the company back in the black and riding the express elevator to bankruptcy is only a choice on CrackBerry, thankfully.
    08-13-17 08:02 PM
    The "choice" between figuring out some way of getting the company back in the black and riding the express elevator to bankruptcy is only a choice on CrackBerry, thankfully.
    Yet, the same people keep complaining about not getting their unicorn they feel they're entitled too.
    08-13-17 08:17 PM
    If 25% is insufficient, what number would you be looking for?
    i wouldn't put too much on any % weight. It all depend upon cost/benefit... how much cost to get that 193 million... and earning per head (total rev/head count) bench mark to the industry ave. as growth company (as all the analysts want BB to be software company and get rid of the hardware dead weight as they call it), 4 years, multiple aquisitions (cost add on to the daily running business), 193 million still not out of the woods. Too bad BB didn't spell out of burn rate, how long that near Billion hardware money from Qualcomm is going to last befoer the software growth catch up? A bit sad to see HBO hecking BB barely mentioned except its own blog, at least last time, Sony hecking, BB was shinning as BBOS units save the day... I didn't see HBO or anyone ready to jump on BES as part of risk mitigation plan... at least not in discussion extensively (except the BB blog). you would expect everybody don't want to pay out in Bit coin would jump on the BB wagan no time. Something not add up for that 25%... (and the stock price also not reflect 25%). IMHO.
    08-13-17 09:31 PM
    i mean he stopped the bleeding and started turning some sort of profit, but the quality of the outsourced phones and even the phone support is in a downward spiral.
    08-14-17 03:00 PM
    i mean he stopped the bleeding and started turning some sort of profit, but the quality of the outsourced phones and even the phone support is in a downward spiral.
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ quality is excellent. Screen issue has been resolved. Best BlackBerry-branded device ever built IMO.

But device software is a distant priority for its current business interests.
    08-14-17 06:18 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ quality is excellent. Screen issue has been resolved. Best BlackBerry-branded device ever built IMO.
    When you come out with this gushing fanboy praise, I search for the rolling eyes emoticon. Giving a balanced opinion doesn't make you anti- BB or TCL.
    elfabio80 and Qorax like this.
    08-15-17 01:21 PM
    When you come out with this gushing fanboy praise, I search for the rolling eyes emoticon. Giving a balanced opinion doesn't make you anti- BB or TCL.
    It isn't required that you have to agree with me. Feel free to voice your opinion.

For me, BlackBerry has always fundamentally been about the keyboard. I think this is the best one they've ever made, and to me, that trumps all. The fact that it is running Android, and actually has a thriving ecosystem, essentially knocks it out of the park.
    08-15-17 01:51 PM
    How do you find YOUR KEYone device?
    08-15-17 06:15 PM
    How do you find YOUR KEYone device?
    Maybe without screen?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 02:02 PM
    I'll give him a 5 outta 10. He made it profitable but he like every other phone bowed down to Android.
    08-26-17 04:25 PM
    I give him 1.

Reasons

He has stopped hardware production.

He did nothing to save BB10

Why he invested #BlackBerry funds on BB10 if he was not aware of support.

He did not try to develop apps for BB10.

He did not advertise well on tv and internet. #BlackBerry suffered high due to less ads.

He once spoke against apple, that doesn't suit to his profession because apple never spoke against #BlackBerry ever.

He, moreover lost software production. Why he is pretending to run the software system? All software he is maintaining belongs to google. #BlackBerry has nothing for phones that belong to it.

He do not use twitter. Account that he has looks like a dummy account.

I don't know why I still gave 1?

BlackBerry Passport
    crackberry_geek, Qorax and nt300 like this.
    09-05-17 01:03 PM
    Chen has done some good things for survival of blackberry bleeding financial situation. However, he has finished off the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem completely without plan b which makes me rate him less personally. At least keeping the basic app refreshed, updating the os in time and inspiring confidence in mind of people that if fortunes turn good then BlackBerry will invest in new device in future would've been a great initiative by chen.

Wrong things that I began feeling about Chen is his inability to show commitment to the BlackBerry customers and no road map for BlackBerry 10 future is sad. At least he should invoke some positive points when we BlackBerry 10 customers say so many good things about such an great OS and he should raise his concerns too. He seems cold!!

I know it's such a hard decision and difficulty that Chen has faced in turn around of the company dwindling revenues and it's easy for us to make comments against or pro Chen, but somewhere he needs to have love for BlackBerry 10 Which he doesnt have and that is the sad part!! Wish Chen and BlackBerry lots of good luck and gods grace to see one day our BlackBerry 10 is revived and become like IOS!! Amen!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 08:14 AM
    For the billionth time, Chen wasn't hired to save BB10 (quite the contrary - at best, that was Thor's job, but really, the responsibility for that was on Mike Lazaridis), or even the hardware business. Chen was hired to find a way for the COMPANY ITSELF to somehow survive, and if that meant amputating a diseased limb or two, so be it.

BB10 was a massive net loss for BB to the tune of $9-10 billion dollars, massive marketshare erosion, and ever more negative brand reputation. It's fate was sealed in the summer of 2013, when it was selling only 10% of BB's projected sales, which resulted in 2 massive writedowns, the first being $1B for Z10s, and the following quarter for $4.4B in general value of BB10 and the company as a whole.

The only reason BB10 continued was because Mike and Thor had signed huge purchase agreements for components, so it was either declare bankruptcy, or continue making phones until those purchase commitments had been burned down and try to find a way to save the COMPANY (not the handset business) by then. And that's exactly what Chen was hired to do, and that's what he has done so far.

Heap your bitter BB10 feelings on the guy who assured its failure. His name is Mike Lazaridis, and he's the guy who prevented BB from even starting work on a new OS for more than 3 years after the iPhone, and didn't deliver until SIX YEARS after the iPhone. His failures to act are directly responsible for BB10 never having the slightest chance of succeeding (because it was released 6 years too late).
    MikeX74, Qorax and CHIP72 like this.
    09-17-17 06:19 PM
    Tell that to the Aztecs...they were sitting on piles of it, when the "Golden Rule" rescuers removed that and their human-sacrifice practices on the Aztec altars. Just sayin'.
    09-20-17 11:39 PM
    I give him a 4 or 3 out of 10, well just because we couldn't get to bb 10.3.4 (get it?) and another BB10 model, otherwise it would have been a 10.3.4 out of 10 ;-). Disappointed by the immediate reaction, that my favorite team lost the Super Bowl. It didn't stink, it just lost. and...Maybe there was something funny about the football ;-)
    Doctor the patient is dead, but I saved his heart for a transplant....okay only kidding.

The BB10 sales patient needed special treatment to live and thrive good as new without any scars, that would have cost the family more money then they had in personal assets ...the kind of medicine only governments (or big boys) usually have reserved for loans to automakers, or airlines or jet manufacturers or shipbuilders...or steel makers, or other kinds of disaster relief programs.....
    scrap all that.....we'll see if the devices return to profitability within a year,(they're really close right now,) before I make my armchair rating decision....(tee hee)
    ...then again he did go all googly-eyed when his patient took a beating from google eventually... no choice when you are up against the wall and the gang is surrounding you in the alley, with snap and netflix and others drop kicking him right in the consumer, to win favour with the bosses, and telling you to lay off their racket or pay protection money to stay in business. Apple peaked in and just snickered, like a witness to a beating by a bigger bully, and just stood there, to see when and what there was they could pick over. Okay it was maybe that other CEO in the alley and Chen walked in just about that time thinking they were negotiating for an updated Android runtime with Google, either that or he was sent in with a mop and pail to wipe up the blood and get the victim out of the alley....though Amazon lent a modest hand I think. They tried to break BB10 but just couldn't, so they all wore down BlackBerry by spreading rumours it was either dead, senile, or carrying a contagious disease, because BlackBerry wasn't that keen on tracking its users private habits.
    ...Actually I just saw a stainless steel Delorian the other day (and not a spot of rust could i see) ..that was weird...Back to the Future.

Sorry I won't talk about a release of detailed armchair rating figures, what I can say is that maybe he is one cool and coy cucumber, as I suppose a CEO should be.

(Hopefully some form of a skeleton bb10 software crew stays on, and he can maybe monitize it a bit more on the consumer side, a small annual maintenance fee for continued life-extension-support as a currently financially small but visibly large part of the Corporate Brand's public recognition and future - but I don't know the active numbers on that one.)
    nt300 likes this.
    09-21-17 01:04 AM
    BlackBerry is doing good right now and software and services is the right way forward

https://ishootnikon.wordpress.com
    10-17-17 03:42 PM

John Chen creed is " John Chen ego and pocket first" not "Blackberry first" .
    The only problem with this in-depth analysis is that BlackBerry is now making money and, for the first time in 7 years, has exciting prospects.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/20/inve...ngs/index.html
    skm67 likes this.
    02-02-18 09:01 PM
    I'll give him a 5 outta 10. He made it profitable but he like every other phone bowed down to Android.
    where did you see "profitable"? I have latest BB quartyly report on hand: Earnings (loss) per share: both basic and diluted (0.52) - on consolidated statement of operations. compare to 2016 Nov. 30, of (0.22) per share.
    I have mixed feeling about Chen's capability: he changed BB from "one hit wonder" to many hits of "potential one of them will be future wonder"... saw talk show on BNN, the analysts consider BB highly speculative investing just behind WEED and Bitcoin... thought BB is the process to make itself potential take over target (i guess for someone what that basket of stuff BB is doing now). I wait until that happen... (stock did went up 18.00 briefly - very briefly... I guess the robotic advisor scan the keyword of "takeover" and jumped before the analyst finished talking his next sentence)... so far, I am sitting on rating of 3, (after 1 for bitcoin and 2 for weed).
    02-03-18 06:48 AM
    "for someone want one of the basket of ... " not "what"... typo... it not allow me to edit priorpost.
    02-03-18 06:51 AM
    where did you see "profitable"? I have latest BB quartyly report on hand: Earnings (loss) per share: both basic and diluted (0.52) - .
    Most analysts use non-GAAP numbers to evaluate management - which was positive.

The Nokia ruling has to be removed - just as the Qualcomm award was not included in prior non-GAAP numbers.
    Last edited by conite; 02-03-18 at 10:29 AM.
    02-03-18 08:21 AM
    funny game they play... even for the consolidated cash flows showed weakness: cash and cash equivalents at endo period for Nov. 2017 is 529 million compare to 830 million in 2016... (very little positive... I wish Conite is right to get my stock to break even,, -35ish)...
    02-03-18 10:19 AM
    very little positive... paragraphs
    Almost every analyst would disagree.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/20/inve...ngs/index.html

https://www.fool.ca/2017/12/12/bette...lackberry-ltd/
    02-03-18 10:30 AM
    John Chen = Good for the BOD. But bad for the community

Ps.: However, we have seen worse... cough, cough, Stephen Elop.
    02-03-18 11:56 AM
328 ... 678910 ...