This has nothing to do with blackberry as a company per se.

But take something like the galaxy fold. Now imagine we have consumer indestructible screens (technically possible with graphene). You can have full screens on both sides of the device if you wanted. But why would you need two identical tablet sized devices on both sides? You wouldn't.

You'd most likely want some kind of input device on the 2nd side. Like a keyboard, or a gaming controller. With scrolling screens, folding screens, and eventually graphene screens, there's no longer a premium on screen space.

I can see a world where, small laptop type devices exist as handhelds - there's already a small market for this type of device, from handheld gaming pc's, to nice clamshell handhelds and small foldable 2 in 1s.

Is it going to happen soon? Probably not. But if there's a space where keyboards exist again on phones, it's probably somewhere in this small convertible FF.

Speaking of, wouldn't it be kinda neat if the galaxy fold itself had a keyboard accessory ala the lenovo x fold?
    06-03-23 11:09 PM
    This has nothing to do with blackberry as a company per se.

But take something like the galaxy fold. Now imagine we have consumer indestructible screens (technically possible with graphene). You can have full screens on both sides of the device if you wanted. But why would you need two identical tablet sized devices on both sides? You wouldn't.

You'd most likely want some kind of input device on the 2nd side. Like a keyboard, or a gaming controller. With scrolling screens, folding screens, and eventually graphene screens, there's no longer a premium on screen space.

I can see a world where, small laptop type devices exist as handhelds - there's already a small market for this type of device, from handheld gaming pc's, to nice clamshell handhelds and small foldable 2 in 1s.

Is it going to happen soon? Probably not. But if there's a space where keyboards exist again on phones, it's probably somewhere in this small convertible FF.

Speaking of, wouldn't it be kinda neat if the galaxy fold itself had a keyboard accessory ala the lenovo x fold?
    I'm sure if there was any demand, Sammy would already make it.
    06-04-23 05:20 PM
    That's the funny about that. I've seen people on youtube videos trying to use it as a laptop with third party keyboards. There's aliexpress categories targeting it with keyboard cases. This almost certainly some FF of keyboard accessory that people would buy.
    06-05-23 12:10 AM
    I'm sure if there was any demand, Sammy would already make it.
    Someone did offer up a 3G only PKB device they were selling a convenience stores in Mexico.... likly just burner phones. But hey if the sold well enough....

BlackBerry Storm was a mess, but personally it opened my eyes to what a smartphone should be.
    06-05-23 07:13 AM