what are your thoughts on this... when you buy a new BlackBerry phone you get all the latest cool feature that are payed features today. You get to use those features for say 1 year and then they become pay for features that you can buy in to or do without. However, when you buy a new BlackBerry phone, that clock starts over again and all becomes free again for 1 year and so on. This way they have a driver to have users buy new phones, and for those who prefer to stay on a phone a little longer, we'll they now have a way of collecting from them for a little longer also.

I would prefer a 2 year cycle since I normally keep my phones for about a year and a half, but I'm thinking like the CEO for this option.

What do you think, will this bring in any incentives for A) new and exciting hardware designs and B) new and innovative software features?

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    04-02-15 07:43 AM
    This will not get any iOS users and will probably not get any Android either.

If they execute well on the cross platform stuff [KB, HUB. etc]and get these BB10 features on iOS and Android and people like them, people may go drive a BB10 if there is benefits to those features on BB10 over iOS and Android.
    04-02-15 07:48 AM
    This will not get any iOS users and will probably not get any Android either.

If they execute well on the cross platform stuff [KB, HUB. etc]and get these BB10 features on iOS and Android and people like them, people may go drive a BB10 if there is benefits to those features on BB10 over iOS and Android.
    I agree and at the same time disagree. I don't think IOS and Android users would come over because of the program at face value. They would only come over if the features (including application ecosystem) is attractive. My thoughts here are that this may trigger more current BlackBerry users to trade up in a faster interval bringing in more revenue and demonstrate that the innovative application market is worth building up. Let's face it, this is what makes people go to the other platforms anyway. If BlackBerry can increase revenues through incentive programs, use that revenue to build up their application platform then attract more users to the handsets and in turn more revenue to continue to innovate... well I think that's a win for everyone who is on BlackBerry today or that maybe joins later.

Appreciate the feedback, thank you.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    04-02-15 08:04 AM
    Ah. I see. Could work, but those that are upgrading already are upgrading. Those that don't [and this is part of the main reason why BB is down] won't because they like things the way it is as long as it does everything they need. Ala, legacy BB users, ala, trackpad users. The biggest problem for BB is it's user base and target clients don't upgrade like Android and iOS user base.
    Unfortunately, those users who do upgrade and does it often are also probably most of the guys working on the front line recommending what they use personally and has a perception that BB is dead.
    04-02-15 08:24 AM