Hello all,

This is my first post. My names Antonio. I'm here for a specific reason. I believe blackberry can recapture device sales within the next 5 years. I'm looking to attract the attention of the powers that be with my specific plan to turn things around. Any tips, suggestions or connections would be great. For those curious about my plan,

My fundamental argument is the expectations of the consumer will change to keep up with humanity every 8 12 years. When Web 2.0 approached blackberry didn't have the device or the plan so apple captured Market share.

I believe we are approaching Web 3.0 and Blackberry has the opportunity to recapture device sale by developing for the future, not the present. I have a very clear and precise plan for developing for the future. Web 3.0 isn't something Apple can build for and i believe its something they fear.

I hope to make friends here. See you around.
    06-05-15 02:20 PM
    Hello all,

This is my first post. My names Antonio. I'm here for a specific reason. I believe blackberry can recapture device sales within the next 5 years. I'm looking to attract the attention of the powers that be with my specific plan to turn things around. Any tips, suggestions or connections would be great. For those curious about my plan,

My fundamental argument is the expectations of the consumer will change to keep up with humanity every 8 – 12 years. When Web 2.0 approached blackberry didn't have the device or the plan so apple captured Market share.

I believe we are approaching Web 3.0 and Blackberry has the opportunity to recapture device sale by developing for the future, not the present. I have a very clear and precise plan for developing for the future. Web 3.0 isn't something Apple can build for and i believe its something they fear.

I hope to make friends here. See you around.
    There is a Armchair CEO section here on CrackBerry if you'd like to layout your plan to "recapture device sales" with all the others....

Or send your proposal to BlackBerry...

BlackBerry B
    2200 University Ave. E
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    N2K 0A7

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884

While I do agree that BB10 is better placed to be a powerful OS for the future... I'm not sure that anything more than a browser will be required in the future. But the problem is the here and now... they can't wait for the future, and none of us knows what it really hold. I remember back four years ago everyone taught that all apps would be HTML5... future is never what you plan for it to be.
    06-05-15 02:39 PM
    What, exactly, do you think "Web 3.0" entails, and why do you think it's something Apple is incapable of adapting to?
    06-05-15 03:03 PM
    Well I think you should pray to all the gods in all religions, because just one god isn't going to cut it anymore.
    06-05-15 03:10 PM
    The Next Web 3.0

When it comes to social platforms and the internet, accurately predicting whats next should be considered alchemy. Like anything you may want to figure out, reverse engineering should be the first step to understanding anythings success and predicting whats next.
    So when it comes to social Media and the Internet whats next? I think Web 3.0 will be delivered via interconnected web platforms and integrated Internet of Things applications.
    How do we get there and what does it look like?
    First lets go back in time. Web 2.0 should be considered the Big Bang of the internet world. A time where the explosion of the internet created a chaotic environment where websites boomed everywhere and consumers traveled from experience to experience in search for the most hospital environment. This explains the current state of the web and commerce. This also explains the inability for brands to connect with consumers.
    Web 1.0 was AOL and YAHOO in its early days. Those web platforms were structured communities that directed consumers to applicable experiences, but always required users to return to the Petri dish.
    Web 3.0 will be a combination of Web 1.0 and Web 2.0. Web 1.0 + Web 2.0 = Web 3.0 ha ha get it : )
    Web 3.0 and the internet of things will look a lot like an enhanced AOL or the OLD Yahoo. In order to understand what that means, think about how the average user consumes the web via mobile devices and tablets today.
    Today we see a messy App store and consumers who dont like shuffling thru URLs. During Web 1.0, humans were directed to new experiences but remained part of a community platform or Petri dish. During Web 2.0 humans were allowed to explore and join communities freely creating unstable habits and viral followings.
    Humans are starting to show they are tired of discovering. This is evident in the rise of social logins where users still want to try new things but prefer to sign in using foreign credentials ( Google/Facebook Sign-ins ). This is evident is the neglect of apps after download and the cost of engagement for most brands.
    Regardless of the industry; user acquisition, engagement and retention is becoming more and more difficult for brands and I believe this is a sign of the evolution of the web. When I say consumers are tired of discovering new experiences, I dont mean they are looking to settle down.
    Web 3.0 will bridge the different worlds of the versatile user into a single platform and experience; delivering a 360 web experience without extensive search or effort. Commerce will take place within a platform and products will be showcased with fewer searches. The experience will be tailored specifically for the consumer. All the data collected during Web 2.0 will be applied to provide the user an experience full of personalization without the search.
    The state of advertising will shift from a place where ads are shown in traditional forms to ads being part of an experience or integrated within content. Advertising will blend into what users do online, providing a new meaning to native.
    The internet of things will start off as a platform based experience, giving consumers the advantage of incorporating offline aspects of life into an online experience. Platforms will act as a remote control or control centers for connected devices and services. Providers who want to be major players in the internet of things must play a role in controlling user behavior on these platforms to incorporate services and devices into the experience from the beginning.
    The influential aspects of Web 1.0 will be combined with the data and discovery habits of Web 2.0. Web 3.0 will create platform based communities; that submerge users in a connected world of everything. The user experience will be driven by influential personalities just like you see today with the power of viral stars on YouTube. For advertisers and brands, controlling this shift will be key in controlling the consumer engagement habits.
    Understanding this shift will make the world of a difference to anyone looking to profit online in 2020 and beyond. The shift isnt something that will happen in the future; its happening today and brands that are not evolving are slowly losing the attention of the consumer
    06-05-15 04:45 PM
    I kinda just copied something i wrote before and posted it above.

I dont think apple can adapt for the same reason Blackberry had a hard time with Web 2.0. When everything is good you dismiss evolution, but the web is evolving. Even if apple can see it... it would mean they would have to change the ecosystem and adapt today and Tim Cook doesn't have the balls. He gave that job to IBM with the solutions they are building for enterprise but i believe they should build for the consumer.

Im not suggesting that the mobile world wont go on as we see today, im suggestion there is opportunity for blackberry to sneak in the back door. I don't have a solution to there problems.. i have an opportunity based on my views of the next 4 years.

If you go to business insiders tech section. Jay Harow wrote an interesting article this morning about Tim Cooks fear of Data. Thats why he is always knocking google and Facebook for collecting so much. Web 3.0 will be data driven with the sole purpose of connecting consumers to brands more efficiently, that's why IOT promises to save business money.

Steve jobs killed it when it came to predicting the platform needed for Web 2.0 because people just wanted to be social, play games and consume media. . Now are are all social, the web is going to evolve to a place where we want to be effective. When you think of life and the web, it will all come down to commerce.

Web 3.0 and IOT will all be data driven for the sole purpose of commerce? Besides the messy app store, how doesn Apple connect brands with consumers? I have a vision for a social platform that improves on everything we have today and bridges the gap between brands and the consumer. This opens the door for enterprise sales on ALL levels..
    06-05-15 05:04 PM
    haha.... Some days i feel like the Gods are haunting me. I wish i can shake this idea, its been 2 years now and everyday that goes by the external world proves to me that i have a point.

Life is all about perception. I agree that blackberry will have a hard time convincing the consumer of its phones.... thats why i believe blackberry has to take the back door into consumers hearts. Truthfully everything we do is commerce based.

Its a plus that blackberry wants to focus on IOT and enterprise solutions. This is like steve jobs focusing on a Robust app store and itunes before the Iphone became popular. They need to create an environment for the consumer that bridges gap between businesses and consumers in a native way. Think about how flawed the advertising game is.

In this day and age it can be done with 50k, probably the cheapest R&D known to man. All your building is consumer perception and waiting for the brands to say i want to connect with your consumer; then selling them the ability.
    06-05-15 05:14 PM
    Thanks i will def make use of that section.
    06-05-15 05:14 PM
    Chen already has plans for IoT. He talks about a lot.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:38 PM
    Just about any company could make a comeback or a killing if they could predict the future. I just finished with "Losing the Signal" and BlackBerry had a plan to take BBM cross-platform before WhatsApp even got started but Thorsten Heins killed it when he became CEO. If BlackBerry had just gone ahead with the messaging platform things would have been a lot different.
    06-05-15 06:06 PM
    Its bigger then just exchanging messages. its about showing intention. I'm non technical. But when i talk to people who are technical, they seem to assume that the consumer/user will simply follow along to the beat of the code.

Re-imagine what Facebook is today. Imagine they changed the interface in a way that would be more commerce friendly. Imagine they had a platform that allowed you to browse brands and services like a mall directory or yellow pages. There is no place on the web where i can connect to every business local to me and actually see what they have to offer.

i can look for an individual website but that's the problem we face with this disconnected/scattered web. If blackberry had a facebook like platform, but added mall like features and included a local commerce directory it would be so easy to sell its services because you would already have the consumer. once you sell the enterprise solutions you can follow up with a device.

People tend to look at the future as if its something thats meant to happen. The future is created by people who live today. Predicting the future is all about making it happen while everyone watches and says i didnt see that coming.

Everything that happens tomorrow is a result of what people do today.
    06-05-15 06:32 PM
    I've also heard Chen mention he doesn't know what it looks like on a consumer level. Based on the companies effort with the phones, its clear he is focusing on just making it safe ( security ).

That's great, but we all know people are not buying Blackberry's because its safe. With every company in the world focusing on IOT his competition will be 100s of times larger then the phone business.

His only advantage will be having the connection to the consumer on a platform that he has the advantage on.
    06-05-15 06:40 PM
    I've also heard Chen mention he doesn't know what it looks like on a consumer level. Based on the companies effort with the phones, its clear he is focusing on just making it safe ( security ).
    What John Chen is doing is steering BlackBerry to build a platform that is highly secure, scalable, reliant and has capabilities that guard the privacy and authenticity of interacting parties - BlackBerry is making this platform ubiquitous by building capabilities that will help to seamlessly connect end points at all levels of the network stack (both physical and logical). A case in point is the recent announcement of QNX tying up with Certicom to build a certificate enabled Automobile platform which will prevent some bad auto parts dealers from installing counterfeit parts in your Automobile (or running wrong servicing on your automobile); all this ties back to your comment about Web 3.0 - in a way, what this will help achieve is create a strong Automobile Business Network that can guard against counterfeiting and, as you may be aware, counterfeiting is a multi-billion dollar industry. With this QNX/Certicom offering, BlackBerry is going to revolutionize the Auto Industry - guess what, there are number of other industries (like: Transportation, Healthcare, Utilities, Retail, etc.) that require some form of anti-counterfeiting measures - guess who they are going to call... So, in a big way, BlackBerry is indeed paving the way toward setting up new value driven network connections - by helping seamlessly integrate IoT end points (physical and logical), their platform, services (Certicom Certificates for guarding authenticity) and solutions. If that was not all, their entire platform is programmable and provides capabilities to capture and analyze data.

It is good that a lot of Analyst are downgrading BlackBerry - it gives us a wonderful opportunity to buy the stock!
    Last edited by oneinfiniteloop; 06-06-15 at 09:52 AM.
    jas1978 likes this.
    06-06-15 01:00 AM
    Well I think you should pray to all the gods in all religions, because just one god isn't going to cut it anymore.
    OT:

Let me reassure you, there is only one, and je's enough... ;-)

  Queen's Birthday weekend - it's over!...  
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-08-15 05:47 PM
    The answer is in the education sector.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:18 AM