Android and especially iOS are hurting the market. They are both outdated OS's.
    Ok, I'll bite. Outdated according to what metric?

This oughta be entertaining.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-02-16 06:37 AM
    Op don't listen to these naysayers I think you make some great points! I can imagine what you described happening soon. Can't wait

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 06:55 AM
    Android and especially iOS are hurting the market. They are both outdated OS's.

Rocking a Z30
    With your logic then BB and WP are continually hurting the semi-conductor market from late 2012 to late 2015 by releasing hardware-wise outdated products. Try to chew it bro?
    02-02-16 07:45 AM
    BB10 failed simply because off the lack of apps.

Nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    I completely disagree. Ask around ... I dare you.
    People have absolutely no clue that BB10 exists and also have no clue of any app deficiency.

In fact I dare you to create a survey and post on social networking sites unrelated to tech.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-02-16 08:00 AM
    I completely disagree. Ask around ... I dare you.
    People have absolutely no clue that BB10 exists and also have no clue of any app deficiency.

In fact I dare you to create a survey and post on social networking sites unrelated to tech.
    But people do know Windows phone exists (in part because of its unique user interface) and microsoft has invested large ammounts of money on marketing, and it only has 3% market share.
    Elephant_Canyon, TGR1 and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-16 08:03 AM
    The initial roll out absolutely blew. Yes bb10 is a great os now. Key is NOW. Only the hardcore put up with the first few updates and everyone else moved on.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:10 AM
    But people do know Windows phone exists (in part because of its unique user interface) and microsoft has invested large ammounts of money on marketing, and it only has 3% market share.
    Actually less now... they are dying. I really hoped that Window 10 could get them back in the game. But so far I don't see any signs that de

I still remember long ago there was some bug that affected a lot of Windows (think Windows 2000 or NT) machines. You had the evening news going on and in the background they showed that PC that were caught in a rebooting sequence. Did people turn to MACs or Linux to save the day after that point?

That's about the most wide spread issue I've ever seen... today I just doubt that the same level of effect could be achieved. And even if it was, I doubt it would have people begging BlackBerry to save them.

Only BlackBerry can save BlackBerry.... and that is by being competitive. Good products, fair pricing, great support, and of course MARKETING.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-16 08:24 AM
    Actually less now... they are dying. I really hoped that Window 10 could get them back in the game. But so far I don't see any signs that de

I still remember long ago there was some bug that affected a lot of Windows (think Windows 2000 or NT) machines. You had the evening news going on and in the background they showed that PC that were caught in a rebooting sequence. Did people turn to MACs or Linux to save the day after that point?

That's about the most wide spread issue I've ever seen... today I just doubt that the same level of effect could be achieved. And even if it was, I doubt it would have people begging BlackBerry to save them.

Only BlackBerry can save BlackBerry.... and that is by being competitive. Good products, fair pricing, great support, and of course MARKETING.
    True. BB users have predicted some kind of security armageddon hitting iOS/Android phones for a few years now and nothing really happened. Also Windows (on desktop) has always been plagued with security vulnerabilities and/or exploits and most users still use it. It must be one hell of a security armageddon (like an exploit that would cause phones to explode in user's faces) in order for people to ditch their devices.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-16 08:38 AM
    Microsoft's problem with windows phone is similar to Blackberry's issue. Android super saturates the market so even a decent ad campaign wont reach the average consumer. Also the Windows name is not exactly the drawing point Microsoft thinks it is. Many wont touch it simply because it is windows while others may have had bad experiences with older windows mobile devices (myself included). I don't think apps will fix windows phone as much as continuing to develop a more usable UI.
    We really need some ad campaigns that bash android. The vast majority of users have only ever used android and have no reason to explore other options. They need to see why it might be a good idea to switch. Either make it trendy or make Android look bad.
    02-02-16 08:41 AM
    We really need some ad campaigns that bash android. The vast majority of users have only ever used android and have no reason to explore other options. They need to see why it might be a good idea to switch. Either make it trendy or make Android look bad.
    A lot of negatives of Android like fragmentation or security vulnerabilities carry very little weight with the average consumer. I think Android is past the phase where bash articles will influence a lot of people. Android went through the "lagdroid" phase of bash marketing and if that didn't ruin it, I don't see microsoft or BB bash articles doing any harm to Android.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    02-02-16 08:50 AM
    In regards to the fragmentation and "security vulnerabilities � of android. There has not really been any wide range negative impact caused by these issues. Fragmentation is a pain point for enthusiasts but for regular users not so much. Their android phone function the same as the day they first purchased it.

As for security vulnerabilities, we keep seeing doomsday articles on how it can potentially affects hundred, thousands of android users. But reading through those articles, it became clear that the user first has to root their phone, download a particular app from a 3rd party app market (not the Google play store or Amazon), have to install the app and enable certain permission. So those hundred of thousands of users boil down to a few techies that were careless in downloading apps from a questionable app market.
    Soulstream and JeepBB like this.
    02-03-16 08:34 AM
    BB10 is going to EOL within a few months. Android is their future.

BlackBerry might and probably will be around but the OS will be Android.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-15-16 04:26 PM
62 123