There is a huge chance for BB10 to floorish. Those that use it know what I am talking about. The problem is JC's lack of vision and crap marketing efforts.
    They can pay app developers to develop key apps for BB10 that people want. The high profile apps. But JC locked the piggy bank has used a strategy that failed. On that note, where is the Z10.Z30 replacement phones? The BB10 phones that people want and need a upgrade to>?
    They already tried paying developers in the beginning and it failed. Why would anything change now?

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon, TGR1 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-14-15 08:32 AM
    There is a huge chance for BB10 to floorish. Those that use it know what I am talking about. The problem is JC's lack of vision and crap marketing efforts.
    They can pay app developers to develop key apps for BB10 that people want. The high profile apps. But JC locked the piggy bank has used a strategy that failed. On that note, where is the Z10.Z30 replacement phones? The BB10 phones that people want and need a upgrade to>?
    So your idea is to do exactly what Microsoft did for Windows phone and they still failed.
    12-15-15 08:44 AM
    So your idea is to do exactly what Microsoft did for Windows phone and they still failed.
    A closed mind is an enigma indeed. Nothing ever goes in and strange things are forever coming out.
    12-15-15 09:06 AM
    I have given a lot of thought to this. How can BB rise above its competitors to become relevant to the average person again.

Should they offer incentives to APP developers to beef up BB World? That might help, but who is to say anyone would notice.

What about more engaging advertising? That cost a lot of money that a already financially unstable company may not be able to afford and it is not a guarantee.

Then it hit me. They need to show the world why they are better...and what is the big thing about BB that makes them rise above the rest? SECURITY!

What if BB had a Fan; an ANONYMOUS FAN? A anonymous fan that found a way to exploit both iOS & Android in the same way, but it was not able to exploit BB. Let's say that something happened where no one that had iOS or Android was able to log on to their Facebook, or make an outbound call except to 911????

This would make major headlines. BB would be in the spotlight, and they wouldn't of had to have done a single thing except what they already do; securing their phones and the data on it.

Plus, they wouldn't have to even advertise on their own dime.

Right now, the average consumer does not want BB because they do not NEED BB. So someone just needs to show the world how much they need BB.

Just a thought.
    GOOD GOD MAN!!!! Stop already. The only thing BB was able to destroy was BB. This will never change and BB will never be the top OS again. You live in a world of pipe dreams, non of which have any place in the real world. BB10 failed because the company failed to adapt. everything else stems from that one fatal flaw.
    12-15-15 09:21 AM
    So you're using logic and reasoning too... Stop it!

You could have added that MS have near-infinite resources compared with BB, and that for BB to embark on such a plan with their resources would be doomed from the start... but, you didn't, so I'll take the blame for you.

I know, I know, I'm a trouper!
    12-15-15 09:23 AM
    GOOD GOD MAN!!!! Stop already. The only thing BB was able to destroy was BB. This will never change and BB will never be the top OS again. You live in a world of pipe dreams, non of which have any place in the real world. BB10 failed because the company failed to adapt. everything else stems from that one fatal flaw.
    Pipe dreams? Whatever it is, don't smoke this stuff... peeps and sheeps are already too deeply entrenched in ecosystems... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-16-15 04:04 PM
    Just got my first Samsung phone and really the OS is just fine. BB needs to bring out some more Android devices before the world forgets the company all together.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    12-16-15 07:10 PM
    So mass market advertising really doesn't seem like a good idea to me with the cash they have.
    Me either. It's one of the infamous "Armchair CEO assumptions" that kinda makes me a little bonkers. "If only they'd advertise more, the world would be rosy". But at least we're in armchair CEO forum so I won't harp too much on that.

Apple and Samsung both spend in excess of a billion dollars annually. There is no way BlackBerry can outspend them and have money left for other things like paying the hydro bill, inventing new devices, maintaining services etc.

Then there's the fact that it's entirely possible to spend a fortune on marketing but not see the sales materialize. With BlackBerry 10, that was an issue. Contrary to popular belief, they spent a lot marketing it ... and the sales didn't come in as expected causing a bunch of panic.

As I've said before, the age old debate that marketing and engineering have is repeated endlessly. Engineering blames marketing for not "marketing more" or "doing a better job". Marketing says, "hey guys - what have you given me to market exactly?"

Want a good relevant example? Read the "Losing the Signal" chapter on the PlayBook where the marketing guys interviewed talked about the challenges of taking a product they were handed and being sold to market it. High price. No email. No BBM. No BES. No calendar. No contacts. Far fewer apps than the competition. Smaller screen.
    12-18-15 01:54 PM
    Me either. It's one of the infamous "Armchair CEO assumptions" that kinda makes me a little bonkers. "If only they'd advertise more, the world would be rosy". But at least we're in armchair CEO forum so I won't harp too much on that.

Apple and Samsung both spend in excess of a billion dollars annually. There is no way BlackBerry can outspend them and have money left for other things like paying the hydro bill, inventing new devices, maintaining services etc.

Then there's the fact that it's entirely possible to spend a fortune on marketing but not see the sales materialize. With BlackBerry 10, that was an issue. Contrary to popular belief, they spent a lot marketing it ... and the sales didn't come in as expected causing a bunch of panic.

As I've said before, the age old debate that marketing and engineering have is repeated endlessly. Engineering blames marketing for not "marketing more" or "doing a better job". Marketing says, "hey guys - what have you given me to market exactly?"

Want a good relevant example? Read the "Losing the Signal" chapter on the PlayBook where the marketing guys interviewed talked about the challenges of taking a product they were handed and being sold to market it. High price. No email. No BBM. No BES. No calendar. No contacts. Far fewer apps than the competition. Smaller screen.
    Well said.
    12-18-15 07:58 PM
    It had Flash though! /s

All kidding aside, what you listed there was a perfect slogan:

"High price. No email. No BBM. No BES. No calendar. No contacts. Few apps. Smaller screen.

PlayBook. Amateur hour is over."

You're welcome, BlackBerry.
    12-21-15 08:46 AM
    DISCLAIMER :

I hereby declare that my threads or replies to other threads in any forum in this app and portal (including any attachment) is for information purposes only.

Any review, re-transmission, report, conversion to hard copy, copying,
    reproduction, circulation, publication or dissemination of the contents of my message and any attachments by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Neither I, my spouse, my parents, my children, their children nor any of,my associated, affiliated, acquainted, estranged or otherwise connected persons assume any liability whatsoever for the contents of my messages and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, ceteris paribus, neither I, my spouse, my parents, my children, their children nor any of my associated, affiliated, acquainted, estranged or otherwise connected persons makes any promises, warranties or representations as to the accuracy, logic, fairness and completeness of any information contained in my messages.

In other words, I am not responsible for what you understand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mas_quemex; 12-31-15 at 12:46 AM.
    12-31-15 12:25 AM
    So let me get this straight. We've gone from hoping Android and iOS experience some sort of downfall to actually trying to engineer it? What the f*ck are you on? Are you that much of a fanboy to suggest that someone COMMITS A CRIME by purposely hacking iOS and Android just to get people to buy BlackBerry's?! To even entertain such an idea suggests that you have far bigger problems than BlackBerry's place in the smartphone space. You give BlackBerry users/fans a bad name.
    01-01-16 01:34 PM
    So, your plan for BB success is to rely on a disaster befalling all others?

Inspired.

I'll just comment on one aspect of your plan. When all these Apple and Android users find they can't use their banking Apps, given that BB10's weakness is not having Apps for many banks, why do you believe BB would benefit?
    They wouldn't at all. That's the biggest, most glaring hole in this utterly foolish notion. I guess this is what desperation has bred.
    01-01-16 02:01 PM
    Lol @ this thread... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-21-16 08:16 PM
    I can feel my brain cells die as I read this thread.
    Me too. Unfortunately I'm drinking beer right now, so I just put it into hyper drive to dumb dumb land

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 08:46 PM
    it isn't the first of April yet so a bit too early for an April fools joke.

in all seriousness if you believe backing into an IOS or Android device is easily done think harder and by the way suggesting such a crime is bonkers.

There would be class action suits from users , Apple, Samsung..in other words BB would be done and everyone who signed of on this in jail for a long time.
    01-21-16 09:06 PM
    I am more work that my wife's ickphone could get stolen and the criminal gets access to the photos with their GPS coordinates. She may have a few pictures with the flat screen

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 09:09 PM
    BlackBerry is going to be something outside the consumer phone market in the coming years. They're going to drop BB10 soon....should the Priv flop they'll continue to morph into something along the lines of a software company.

BlackBerry will be something completely different in the next 5 years.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-21-16 09:15 PM
    I am more work that my wife's ickphone
    Grow up.

could get stolen and the criminal gets access to the photos with their GPS coordinates.
    Does she have a passcode or Touch ID set up to lock the phone? If so, then "the criminal" won't have access to anything on the phone.
    01-22-16 07:32 AM
    Grow up.

Does she have a passcode or Touch ID set up to lock the phone? If so, then "the criminal" won't have access to anything on the phone.
    I guess you have never heard anything about brute force attacks on encrypted storage with a physical device that has been stolen. I have seen forensic software that can open the ios and Droid encrypted devices. Oh and "work " was to be "worried"

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:15 AM
    I guess you have never heard anything about brute force attacks on encrypted storage with a physical device that has been stolen. I have seen forensic software that can open the ios and Droid encrypted devices.
    Oh, please. There are a few very simple things that are turned on by default that make this an absolutely ridiculous assertion. Any brute-force attack will take a minimum of a few days, assuming her phone is on iOS 8.1 or earlier. (If it's on iOS 8.2 or later, it's even more difficult.) If her phone is stolen, all she has to do is access Find My iPhone and wipe it remotely, which she will have plenty of time to do.
    MikeX74 and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    01-22-16 12:18 PM
    The entire premise of this thread is wrong. BlackBerry is not competing against iOS and Android in the handset market. They realized the futility of this early on after the Z10 release.

The fact that they are moving to Android should be your biggest clue that they have taken a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach.

Also, they are so much more than a smartphone maker. Software is their biggest money-maker now and they are actively working to support and secure the infrastructure behind ALL platforms and systems.

This thread belongs in 2010.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    01-22-16 12:31 PM
    Oh, please. There are a few very simple things that are turned on by default that make this an absolutely ridiculous assertion. Any brute-force attack will take a minimum of a few days, assuming her phone is on iOS 8.1 or earlier. (If it's on iOS 8.2 or later, it's even more difficult.) If her phone is stolen, all she has to do is access Find My iPhone and wipe it remotely, which she will have plenty of time to do.
    If it has a signal. Have you ever heard of a Faraday cage. My phone is set to wipe the business section if it is without data for a few days. Maybe a thief is not a good example. How about a pedophile who targets parents at a park. Many of these sickos are fairly computer literate and determined.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:07 PM
    Android and especially iOS are hurting the market. They are both outdated OS's.

Rocking a Z30
    02-01-16 10:56 PM
    Android and especially iOS are hurting the market. They are both outdated OS's.

Rocking a Z30
    Lol

*ME173X
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    02-01-16 11:01 PM
62 123