BB advertises on Crackberry and some fringe BB orientated sites as well as through carriers like AT&T. What good is it to bring awareness of a product among a market in areas that already knows and actively discusses the products.

Would it be a good idea for BB Mobile to toss in a few thousand (or not even) in Facebook advertising??? Most people I come across that ask about my phone haven't heard of BlackBerry phones since the BBOS Bolds.

So my rhetorical question: is BB's failure to sell the KeyOne and Two the result of market awareness diminishing?

I do not want to see the TCL partnership throw in the towel.

Yes I've complained about BB direction of phones and such. I do not want to be stuck in a market saturated with slabs. May there be a Key3 or even an Android Passport that is rugged, with a snapdragon processor to compete with the anticipated Unihertz Titan.
    10-13-19 09:57 PM
    BB advertises on Crackberry and some fringe BB orientated sites as well as through carriers like AT&T. What good is it to bring awareness of a product among a market in areas that already knows and actively discusses the products.

Would it be a good idea for BB Mobile to toss in a few thousand (or not even) in Facebook advertising??? Most people I come across that ask about my phone haven't heard of BlackBerry phones since the BBOS Bolds.

So my rhetorical question: is BB's failure to sell the KeyOne and Two the result of market awareness diminishing?

I do not want to see the TCL partnership throw in the towel.

Yes I've complained about BB direction of phones and such. I do not want to be stuck in a market saturated with slabs. May there be a Key3 or even an Android Passport that is rugged, with a snapdragon processor to compete with the anticipated Unihertz Titan.
    TCL didn't have an infinite advertising budget. They had no intention of flooding the general market. They targeted businesses and current/former keyboard users.

Unihertz may get lucky and sell 20k units. That's not the business TCL wants to be in.

In any event, we appear to be at the stage where the only thing left to do is come up with the exact wording of the epitaph.
    10-13-19 10:01 PM
    Sinking ship?

Is it too early to say what will happen with CB? Just become a legacy support site?

What are your plans Conite? You general mobile nations support or primarily CB?
    10-13-19 10:07 PM
    Sinking ship?

Is it too early to say what will happen with CB? Just become a legacy support site?

What are your plans Conite? You general mobile nations support or primarily CB?
    I'm just a member like anyone else. I don't really go beyond Crackberry.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-13-19 10:08 PM
    If enough folks that really want to see BB/TCL succeed --if that meant adverting end of life for all BB/TCL products-- to pitched in a crowd funded pool of advertising dough, would it be worth their investment for the potential to keep the brand and support moving forward?

I know I can draw awareness with just $40 for an entire week of advertising on Facebook nationally (US market) just by myself.

Would BB Mobile consider putting together a marketing package for user supported grassroots/gorilla marketing?
    10-13-19 10:22 PM
    If enough folks that really want to see BB/TCL succeed --if that meant adverting end of life for all BB/TCL products-- to pitched in a crowd funded pool of advertising dough, would it be worth their investment for the potential to keep the brand and support moving forward?

I know I can draw awareness with just $40 for an entire week of advertising on Facebook nationally (US market) just by myself.

Would BB Mobile consider putting together a marketing package for user supported grassroots/gorilla marketing?
    It appears that there is no more BBMo. The staff was moved to other positions within TCL.

https://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...umors-1177487/
    10-13-19 10:40 PM
    Damn!

So BB won't be too concerned anymore others using their phone patents? Unihertz on the horizon with the Titan maybe a game changer even with its inferior processor. They are using a thumb pad similar to the Bold's and what was on the Classic.

Titan has answered a lot of the same I suggested in the past. Rugged. Qwerty. Thick as mostly battery.

/ /

I recall the short run of the BB style keyboard attachments for the iPhone 4 phones. They took a hit and those keyboard attachments a historic lawsuit that BB won!

I'm a bit sad for BB.
    10-13-19 11:08 PM
    BB will still enforce their patents - losing the licensing business isn't going to change that.
    10-13-19 11:15 PM
    Because they're the only markets with the possibility of caring.
    10-14-19 03:23 AM

Not really.

It's a result of them not offering a product that customers wanted or needed.

BlackBerry Android Secure was a great idea back in 2015. Today most of what it does has been added by the four or five generational improvements to Android.

PKB... 99.99% of consumers don't want it.

Then combine that with limited buying options in the US, poor value and some quality control hiccups...

No I don't then TCL ever really assessed the market or had any awareness of what they were doing.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-14-19 07:23 AM
    TCL didn't have an infinite advertising budget. They had no intention of flooding the general market. They targeted businesses and current/former keyboard users.

Unihertz may get lucky and sell 20k units. That's not the business TCL wants to be in.

In any event, we appear to be at the stage where the only thing left to do is come up with the exact wording of the epitaph.
    BlackBerry a onetime leader in its field. Then arrogance and stupidity worked as a team to kill the brand.

If they don't know you build it, they will not come.............................................. ....LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Has BB/TCL assessed market awareness?-maxresdefault.jpg  
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-14-19 08:09 AM
    BlackBerry a onetime leader in its field. Then arrogance and stupidity worked as a team to kill the brand.

If they don't know you build it, they will not come.............................................. ....LOL
    I don't think there was ever any path for BlackBerry in mobile devices.

The entire business was built exclusively around BIS SAF revenue. Once that was no longer necessary (and actually reviled by carriers), it was an exercise in futility.
    10-14-19 08:11 AM
    I don't think there was ever any path for BlackBerry in mobile devices.

The entire business was built exclusively around BIS SAF revenue. Once that was no longer necessary (and actually reviled by carriers), it was an exercise in futility.
    Yes good point, but I also think they just thought the mobile phone sector was going in another direction and they did not need to follow.
    10-14-19 08:14 AM
    Yes good point, but I also think they just thought the mobile phone sector was going in another direction and they did not need to follow.
    There is a slim chance that another decision - made in 2006 - could have changed things, but everything since was inevitable.
    10-14-19 08:17 AM
    There is a slim chance that another decision - made in 2006 - could have changed things, but everything since was inevitable.
    Yes after 2006 the dice we're cast.
    10-14-19 08:47 AM
    BB advertises on Crackberry and some fringe BB orientated sites as well as through carriers like AT&T.
    I haven't seen AT&T advertise a BlackBerry phone in years. Sure, they still sell the KeyOne, but there has never been any advertising from AT&T about it.
    10-14-19 09:02 AM

The thing to consider is how much advertising is required to net each additional sale. For example if $40 nets them one sale, then you’ve effectively added $40 to the cost of the phone.
    10-14-19 09:42 AM
    Yes after 2006 the dice we're cast.
    *die was cast
    10-14-19 10:15 AM
    The thing to consider is how much advertising is required to net each additional sale. For example if $40 nets them one sale, then you’ve effectively added $40 to the cost of the phone.
    And if that one person likes the device then you extend by 'word of mouth.'

I would be willing to pitch the $20 I have left for the month (my surplus fund) towards testing the waters.
    10-14-19 10:53 AM
    And if that one person likes the device then you extend by 'word of mouth.'

I would be willing to pitch the $20 I have left for the month (my surplus fund) towards testing the waters.
    Well then I guess you can do the experiment and see what results you get. Chen did talk a little about switching to social media marketing as they started winding down other marketing efforts.

From other companies I've looked at, including startups, you have to spend quite a bit of money to get substantial international exposure, including on FB. That works if you plan to sell a lot of phones. It doesn't work if you're only selling a couple hundred thousand phones. I dont' think it adds up.

My advice would be to put your $20 into your savings account where it probably belongs.
    10-14-19 11:00 AM
    Well then I guess you can do the experiment and see what results you get. Chen did talk a little about switching to social media marketing as they started winding down other marketing efforts.

From other companies I've looked at, including startups, you have to spend quite a bit of money to get substantial international exposure, including on FB. That works if you plan to sell a lot of phones. It doesn't work if you're only selling a couple hundred thousand phones. I dont' think it adds up.

My advice would be to put your $20 into your savings account where it probably belongs.
    I'm willing to give it a shot; Just wondering if I need authorization from BlackBerry to advertise on their behalf. I wouldn't necessarily wander from how they advertise on CB site here; I may need to reformat the visual ad to fit Facebook feed ad recommendations.

I think I also have an unused $5 credit.
    10-14-19 11:28 AM
    I'm willing to give it a shot; Just wondering if I need authorization from BlackBerry to advertise on their behalf. I wouldn't necessarily wander from how they advertise on CB site here; I may need to reformat the visual ad to fit Facebook feed ad recommendations.

I think I also have an unused $5 credit.
    Oh, I see, you have $20 in FB credit. I would think you need permission from them. But at that scale, they might not ever know.
    10-14-19 11:43 AM
    It would be more effective there.
    10-14-19 02:23 PM
    It would be more effective there.
    I don't know.... Support BlackBerry and buy Stock!
    10-14-19 02:32 PM
    I threw down $5 for 4 days, targets "US" and "BlackBerry phone" interests for soliciting grassroots involvement towards the marketing cause. Reach anywhere between 200 and 400 people a day within those targets.

Ad has not been screened / approved yet by Facebook.

I can't see how this could hurt and is only $5. I want to see what that brings in.

Could use better banner and page image. Imagery atm is just me holding up a BB phone taking from a poor quality webcam.

Page:

https://www.facebook.com/bbuserrescue
    10-14-19 02:35 PM
51 123