I threw down $5 for 4 days, targets "US" and "BlackBerry phone" interests for soliciting grassroots involvement towards the marketing cause. Reach anywhere between 200 and 400 people a day within those targets.

Ad has not been screened / approved yet by Facebook.

I can't see how this could hurt and is only $5. I want to see what that brings in.

Could use better banner and page image. Imagery atm is just me holding up a BB phone taking from a poor quality webcam.

Page:

https://www.facebook.com/bbuserrescue
    Does that fact that there are no KEYx devices left to sell, and production is long halted, hinder your plan?
    10-14-19 02:37 PM
    I threw down $5 for 4 days, targets "US" and "BlackBerry phone" interests for soliciting grassroots involvement towards the marketing cause. Reach anywhere between 200 and 400 people a day within those targets.

Ad has not been screened / approved yet by Facebook.

I can't see how this could hurt and is only $5. I want to see what that brings in.

Could use better banner and page image. Imagery atm is just me holding up a BB phone taking from a poor quality webcam.

Page:

https://www.facebook.com/bbuserrescue
    It won't hurt, because no one will see it other than the people here who click through. It's just totally ineffective. You would honestly get further reach by posting a nice pic of your device on Instagram, loading it up with hashtags and tagging BlackBerry Mobile, toss in a GoTalk link for good measure.
    10-14-19 02:40 PM
    I don't know.... Support BlackBerry and buy Stock!
    Gotta make it worth something first. I'd prefer the guerrilla organizing and marketing aspect to see if that helps first.

And I've never owned any stock. Prior companies I have considered included Foveon (now Sigma) and BBMo.

Both companies have had a hard to sell marketing-wise. Foveon had at the time a pioneered guerrilla marketor: Lawrence Matson.

BB/TCL could use support in that realm.

I'd wait with what little money I can muster, if my appreciation for BB phones is seen by a decent market share then I'd be putting money in their stock.
    10-14-19 02:41 PM
    Does that fact that there are no KEYx devices left to sell, and production is long halted, hinder your plan?
    Best Buy and GoTalk have no stock???? That is contrary to what I see for the Key2 LE.
    10-14-19 02:45 PM
    Best Buy and GoTalk have no stock???? That is contrary to what I see for the Key2 LE.
    Every now and then a few drabs of returned stock ends up there.
    10-14-19 02:46 PM
    Every now and then a few drabs of returned stock ends up there.
    Are you assuming or do you know? Usually if you buy from those sources, they'd say if it were refurbished/open box.

This is what I read from conite and blaze posts towards anything that would otherwise help the cause, and it doesn't seem to change very much over the years:

The general attitude of those who represent CB is abhorrently disruptive and constructive only to BB's phone market demise.

I do not know if this is your intent masked by some perception of "reality" rather it is facetious at best.
    10-14-19 02:56 PM
    Are you assuming or do you know? Usually if you buy from those sources, they'd say if it were refurbished/open box.
    It's not refurbished - it's consolidation of unsold inventory from various supply channels. The bottom of the barrel so to speak.
    10-14-19 02:58 PM
    It's not refurbished - it's consolidation of unsold inventory from various supply channels. The bottom of the barrel so to speak.
    Gotcha ... so no matter how fast that supply goes, it will never amount to anything BB / TCL would take serious enough to relaunch production.
    10-14-19 03:00 PM
    Gotcha ... so no matter how fast that supply goes, it will never amount to anything BB / TCL would take serious enough to relaunch production.
    Correct. My best guess is that the decision to end production was made 10-12 months ago.

From what we have gathered, the KEY² Red was assembled from repurposed, existing stock.
    10-14-19 03:02 PM
    The decision is already made and no amount of interest is going to change that decision.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-19 04:16 PM
    I do not know if this is your intent masked by some perception of "reality" rather it is facetious at best.
    It’s simply reality. No amount of hope it going to change that.
    10-14-19 04:18 PM
    BB advertises on Crackberry and some fringe BB orientated sites as well as through carriers like AT&T. What good is it to bring awareness of a product among a market in areas that already knows and actively discusses the products.

Would it be a good idea for BB Mobile to toss in a few thousand (or not even) in Facebook advertising??? Most people I come across that ask about my phone haven't heard of BlackBerry phones since the BBOS Bolds.

So my rhetorical question: is BB's failure to sell the KeyOne and Two the result of market awareness diminishing?

I do not want to see the TCL partnership throw in the towel.

Yes I've complained about BB direction of phones and such. I do not want to be stuck in a market saturated with slabs. May there be a Key3 or even an Android Passport that is rugged, with a snapdragon processor to compete with the anticipated Unihertz Titan.
    Of course in each new BlackBerry Smartphone box should come a folded 2foot wide bumper sticker with the BlackBerry logo. Place it on your vehicle (a bit iffy if you are a public transit user though) or any other imaginative location that you prefer. BlackBerry comes with free stickers!
    10-14-19 04:24 PM
    Of course in each new BlackBerry Smartphone box should come a folded 2foot wide bumper sticker with the BlackBerry logo. Place it on your vehicle (a bit iffy if you are a public transit user though) or any other imaginative location that you prefer. BlackBerry comes with free stickers!
    ...and maybe you can purchase additional stickers online.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-14-19 04:26 PM
    ...and maybe you can purchase additional stickers online.
    Missed the boat, it seems. Flat earth theory, the boat fell off the cliff already.

My hopeful minded self is not so futile...maybe I'm a fool to be involved in this being too late in the effort. There has not been enough hindsight with certainty until the inner circle rumor got out just a couple days ago.
    10-14-19 04:31 PM
    “Whom the gods love dies young.” - Greek historian, Herodotus in 445.

Seems to apply to companies and their products.

Someone had responded to that in BBMe group: "gods are a minority," lol.
    10-14-19 04:44 PM
    “Whom the gods love dies young.” - Greek historian, Herodotus in 445.

Seems to apply to companies and their products.

Someone had responded to that in BBMe group: "gods are a minority," lol.
    ....except when they don't. Minority? maybe....Global influence? Massive.
    10-14-19 05:00 PM
    Missed the boat, it seems. Flat earth theory, the boat fell off the cliff already.

My hopeful minded self is not so futile...maybe I'm a fool to be involved in this being too late in the effort. There has not been enough hindsight with certainty until the inner circle rumor got out just a couple days ago.
    Gravity keeps us flat-earthers grounded. Nothing rolls off my dinner table.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-14-19 05:03 PM
    *die was cast
    No dice...for them it was always a crap game...........lol
    10-14-19 06:39 PM
    Gravity keeps us flat-earthers grounded. Nothing rolls off my dinner table.
    Not sure if kidding? You never know anymore!
    10-14-19 06:51 PM
    Nothing develops without a platform (like bb10). Can't build anything without a base! If it ain't flat, it won't fly! Quantum computing may be the tiny exception. Though you can eat all kinds of roundish things.
    10-14-19 07:09 PM
    Kidding: not all conspiracies are true....just mocking the flat Earth one. The analogy seemed to fit with my limited perception of market hope. We might just see a come around (Globe Earth Theory), just not with the BB skin perhaps. Although hallow Earth won't phase me, either. There is hope with the Titan on the horizon. I may wait for a successor to that. Coming back to BB KeyOne after a month of restraint using a BB Bold on AT&T (headaches there with a month of the AT&T's death-star) and discussing with a friend about those restraints has given me a better approach using the KeyOne (I had previously complained about distractions with Android/[ & presumably iOS devices].)

I'll just let go of this dead horse and focus what time I otherwise waste on some horses still living.

I'll let the $5 campaign wind off for curiosity sake on the audience analytics.

Thank you all for the grounding in reality and sticking around despite the long stretch in my stubborn hope.
    10-14-19 07:17 PM
    The BB brand has a better future being under Microsoft.
    10-15-19 12:02 AM
    If it ain't flat, it won't fly!
    Airfoils are not flat.
    10-15-19 09:40 AM
    Airfoils are not flat.
    Runways are (even helipads too). ....and you can always fall off the edge of an airfoil into the abyss...if you are too high (not circumnavigateable).
    10-15-19 07:55 PM
    BB advertises on Crackberry and some fringe BB orientated sites as well as through carriers like AT&T. What good is it to bring awareness of a product among a market in areas that already knows and actively discusses the products.

Would it be a good idea for BB Mobile to toss in a few thousand (or not even) in Facebook advertising??? Most people I come across that ask about my phone haven't heard of BlackBerry phones since the BBOS Bolds.

So my rhetorical question: is BB's failure to sell the KeyOne and Two the result of market awareness diminishing?

I do not want to see the TCL partnership throw in the towel.

Yes I've complained about BB direction of phones and such. I do not want to be stuck in a market saturated with slabs. May there be a Key3 or even an Android Passport that is rugged, with a snapdragon processor to compete with the anticipated Unihertz Titan.
    Blackberry or TCL never really advertised the newer devices also non had top specs and cameras to help sell them. Look both samsung and apple carry low end and top devices and both sell for blackberry to get back into the game they need to launch a spectacular device to compete with the top two manufacturers. I prefer a physical keyboard but also use and need the better bells and whistles.
    08-30-20 02:46 PM
51 123