Needed to distract myself from my real work for a moment, so a quick question for all those armchair CEOs...

I was recently looking into setting up a phone system for a new small medical office and started reading about the future developments in this field. "Unified Communications" seems to be replacing the old school desktop phones in enterprise environments (and perhaps even my small office if I find the right cloud provider). Microsoft Lync seems to have some of the incumbents a little nervous (Cisco, Avaya). Cisco even recently announced a limited partnership with Google Chrome for their meeting software.

How is Blackberry going to fit into this model? Will there really be a role for BBM + the instant messaging provided by the unified communications system (that the company would have invested heavy resources into). I would assume that as these communication systems become more mature they will provide some kind of device management software that will compete with BES (or one of them will buy BB)?

I don't have the BES "work" side of my Z10 up and running but I'd be curious to hear what enterprise workers have to say about this
    03-23-14 09:09 PM
    BBM is going up against Lync for the most part I think. Maybe hangouts for some companies even. BES can handle the mobile side but they still need to get BBM in the workplace more IMO
    03-23-14 09:16 PM
    I would assume that as these communication systems become more mature they will provide some kind of device management software that will compete with BES (or one of them will buy BB)
    big announcement from MS today, launch of device mgmt service, looks like the competition is picking up soon!
    03-27-14 12:39 PM