The latest build of BB10 come without Adobe Flash. Developers know this and for them it isn't end of world. Will you miss web browser Flash support?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:35 PM
    Haven't had Flash for two years now, and it really hasn't affected me at all.
    12-16-14 01:10 PM
    Nope... Always turned it off on my PlayBook to save battery life. On my Z10 I'm always getting a "your version of Flash needs to be updated" message, but I'm running a leak so I assume it has the latest version. So I can't watch some online network show because the BlackBerry Browers isn't upto date, and there isn't an App for that network.

I have been using an iPad a lot and haven't noticed any problems not getting content due to the lack of flash.

Need to see if I can uninstall flash on my PC... as it ALWAYS telling me there is a new update that needs to be installed. Need to take the time to install Safari for windows and see if you can set it on a mobile version to emulate the iPad.
    12-16-14 01:21 PM
    Nope... Always turned it off on my PlayBook to save battery life. On my Z10 I'm always getting a "your version of Flash needs to be updated" message, but I'm running a leak so I assume it has the latest version. So I can't watch some online network show because the BlackBerry Browers isn't upto date, and there isn't an App for that network.

I have been using an iPad a lot and haven't noticed any problems not getting content due to the lack of flash.

Need to see if I can uninstall flash on my PC... as it ALWAYS telling me there is a new update that needs to be installed. Need to take the time to install Safari for windows and see if you can set it on a mobile version to emulate the iPad.
    Safari for Windows hasn't been updated in a while.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:24 PM
    If they add the ability to set a default user agent to Android/Iphone then most people won't even notice.
    app_Developer and mjdimer like this.
    12-16-14 01:27 PM
    I have been using an iPad a lot and haven't noticed any problems not getting content due to the lack of flash..
    That's because iDevices are catered to, i.e. content is reformatted/converted for them.
    12-16-14 01:45 PM
    The latest build of BB10 come without Adobe Flash. Developers know this and for them it isn't end of world. Will you miss web browser Flash support?

Posted via CB10
    Only because I can no longer watch Flixter Collection without it. :-(
    12-16-14 01:47 PM
    If they add the ability to set a default user agent to Android/Iphone then most people won't even notice.
    This will work, but then BlackBerry web usage stats will drop down, which will further skew content producers to make more Android/iOS compatible pages.
    12-16-14 01:47 PM
    This will work, but then BlackBerry web usage stats will drop down, which will further skew content producers to make more Android/iOS compatible pages.
    I agree thats probably why they don't so they can see the results in StatCounter and NetMarketShare but its not like content producers are testing their pages on other platforms anyway. Leave the default but add the ability to change it. Changes from default rarely affect the majority anyway and few even know what a user agent is or does.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-16-14 01:53 PM
    I agree thats probably why they don't so they can see the results in StatCounter and NetMarketShare but its not like content producers are testing their pages on other platforms anyway. Leave the default but add the ability to change it. Changes from default rarely affect the majority anyway and few even know what a user agent is or does.
    If they leave the default, then they should also leave Flash so that people don't end up complaining that content works on Android/iOS but not on BlackBerry.
    12-16-14 01:57 PM
    If they leave the default, then they should also leave Flash so that people don't end up complaining that content works on Android/iOS but not on BlackBerry.
    If I were BB and didn't want to continue to pay license fees and development time to keep BB Flash up to date which appears to be the reason its gone bye-bye is I'd add an option that works just like Desktop mode to send a request with a different user agent. Call it Android mode if you want.
    12-16-14 07:12 PM
    Flash is one of the reasons I stuck with Blackberry. I like to be able to see some websites the same as how they appear on a desktop. Flash allows me to watch steaming hockey that's use flash.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:44 AM
    Flash is just dying and I think it's good to move away from that technology. HTML 5 is really the way to go now for web developers.
    12-17-14 04:18 PM
    No football streams anymore :'(

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    You know what. The delay until February could be part of the fact that flash is being removed and they are preparing a solution. For anyone that's not on a leak with exception to the Classic we still have flash.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 07:25 PM
    If flash is important, which it is to me, Browser 10 works great. I downloaded it from the app store.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-18-14 11:54 AM
    You know what. The delay until February could be part of the fact that flash is being removed and they are preparing a solution. For anyone that's not on a leak with exception to the Classic we still have flash.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I believe one of the reasons for the delay is:

They wanna give us THE 10.3.1 we've all been waiting for. And that would realistically include Flash...

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-21-14 10:36 PM
    Constantly

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-21-14 10:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ditto! I would miss flash big time! How else am I gonna watch the NFL while doing mind numbing weekend errands at Costco and Target with the wife and fighting kids??? It's the only way I can stay sane!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:49 PM
    Flash is a big deal !! Watching rojadirecta, bfmtv,...what's the option we have to allow 10.3.1 to still watch flash ? App?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:42 PM
    No.

Posted from my Q10
    12-30-14 06:09 PM
    Flash is just dying and I think it's good to move away from that technology. HTML 5 is really the way to go now for web developers.
    The reason I loved Flash was I didn't need an app for everything. Now where you have a flash enabled website, you have to get an app (if they have one)

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:23 AM
    Flash isn't too reliable anymore. Seems like when it is on causes more problems than anything else. I just wish devs out there would abandon it and kill it off. It is a pig of a technology and a security nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:25 AM
    I'll miss it. A lot of the sites I use still use flash

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:27 AM
    Safari for Windows hasn't been updated in a while.

Posted via CB10
    It probably never will either as Apple no longer supports safari on windows

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:35 AM
26 12