And now presenting.......the 99 cent Amazon Fire phone.

As I stated in my OP.....time for BBRY to step up to the plate.

Amazon's Fire phone isn't lighting it up. The Fire phone is on the Fire sale.

Apple's iCloud debacle.....despite the way it was done.....has generated some positive spin for BBRY phones in social media and on the stock market.

Amazon wants into the mobile device industry. BBRY has the most secure mobile OS platform with true multitasking. Convincing Amazon to have it's app store become THE source of movies, music, and NATIVE games and apps would be a tough sell, but it'd be a sweet arrangement. The movies and music are there already, just cut the Android cord and go with QNX based apps and games.

Blackberry World......powered by Amazon.........

Still think BBM integration w/ Amazon Prime Music and Movies would be awesome too. Could even get Amazon based channels. By putting Amazon into BBM, this could get Amazon into places they've NOT been able to access.

Sound like a plan to anyone? Is anyone in Waterloo listening?
    +10000000000

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:57 PM
    It's not Waterloo that isn't listening but Seattle. There isn't much incentive for Amazon to tie themselves in any way to BlackBerry.
    09-09-14 09:50 AM
    It's not Waterloo that isn't listening but Seattle. There isn't much incentive for Amazon to tie themselves in any way to BlackBerry.
    I believe this is the harsh truth.
    09-09-14 11:33 AM
    And now presenting.......the 99 cent Amazon Fire phone.

Still think BBM integration w/ Amazon Prime Music and Movies would be awesome too. Could even get Amazon based channels. By putting Amazon into BBM, this could get Amazon into places they've NOT been able to access.

Sound like a plan to anyone? Is anyone in Waterloo listening?
    Ouch.
    "...get Amazon into places they've NOT been able to access?"

One thing's for sure, I don't want none of their tracking spyware on my Berry or them having any sort of deep-"rooted" access to anything on my phone. :-)

If they integrate stuff, I want to be able to completely turn it off, and decide what data I like to give away for better services...

(I am saying this in a lighthearted cheerful way, and half-kidding... No malice... )

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-10-14 03:15 AM
    Idk about that now. Amazon wants to compete with Apple based on what I'm seeing with the direction of the Fire Phone.

If Amazon wants to differentiate itself, making ANOTHER android device hardly stands out.

But with the recent oops with Apple's iCloud, why couldn't Amazon assist BBRY in advertising the notion of greater mobile security. Especially in this day and age. BBRY doesn't do cloud computing for security reasons beyond BlackBerry Protect, which only stores contacts, not photos or documents.

Why wouldn't Seattle want to set themselves apart?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:55 PM
    Ouch.
    "...get Amazon into places they've NOT been able to access?"

One thing's for sure, I don't want none of their tracking spyware on my Berry or them having any sort of deep-"rooted" access to anything on my phone. :-)

If they integrate stuff, I want to be able to completely turn it off, and decide what data I like to give away for better services...

(I am saying this in a lighthearted cheerful way, and half-kidding... No malice... )

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?

Oh I know. What I meant is other countries. BB10 is more prevalent in foreign countries more so than the US. By integrating Amazon services into BBM let's say, how many foreign countries would The Amazon Channel access that Amazon is not already in?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 08:34 PM
    I agree that Amazon is far better off with BlackBerry than to try and go it alone.

Real OS
    Secure
    Multi country
    Allows Amazon into the Enterprise
    Allows Amazon to differentiate it's own service above and beyond pushing their competitors. (google)
    Could be a great vehicle for commerce - not well knows buy all BB's have their own secure element - consider Amazon getting into the Payment game is the same way that Apple is. This is a big lost opportunity for them
    All the content could be optimized for bb10
    Secure Cloud!

Amazon should focus on what they are great at - their services. Customizing Android as Google continues to lock it down puts Amazon in the same situation as BlackBerry. They might as well join forces and make the 4th ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:17 PM
    LOL @ 98%. Lol.
    To be perfectly honest, at the time of that saying, it's probably true. Google does not provide core services, they simply provide convenience stuff like Maps and Play integration. Many apps do not integrate Play Services that much

Of course, the problem is that the apps in demand is in the 2%

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:04 PM
    I agree that Amazon is far better off with BlackBerry than to try and go it alone.

They might as well join forces and make the 4th ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    I have to say that I agree. Amazon cannot hope to create a new Android ecosystem alone. And since BlackBerry 10 can already run Android, why not join up and try to optimize THAT area? Sure, they won't work in Work space, but Amazon devices were never made for enterprise anyway

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:06 PM
59 123