Seeing as how Amazon's Fire Phone isn't exactly lighting it up, perhaps John Chen can convince Amazon to make BB10 devices as their mobile entry.

Amazon's Prime services on a BB10 (QNX) platform running BB10 (QNX) aps. If Chen could get Amazon to buy into the platform, which is FAR more stable than the Fire OS, it could be a nice marriage.

Yes....I mean dump the makeshift Android apps that Amazon currently offers and shift to native apps. It's not like a lot of the games aren't already BB10 anyways.

Thoughts?
    08-03-14 01:02 AM
    Seeing as how Amazon's Fire Phone isn't exactly lighting it up, perhaps John Chen can convince Amazon to make BB10 devices as their mobile entry.

Amazon's Prime services on a BB10 (QNX) platform running BB10 (QNX) aps. If Chen could get Amazon to buy into the platform, which is FAR more stable than the Fire OS, it could be a nice marriage.

Thoughts?
    Could be an idea. But I think it would be hard to keep the idea of security with out it being a BlackBerry or Foxconn made phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:06 AM
    precisely....let BBRY handle the hardware and software, Amazon offers the media and the name brand for greater exposure,
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-03-14 01:09 AM
    Only a matter of time. It's all part of the plan by Chen.
    igor10000 likes this.
    08-03-14 01:18 AM
    Intrigued by this idea and lovin it! Amazon becoming the supplier of apps made native for BB10 devices......sounds like it could be a beautiful partnership with potential to nurture of both parties.. Ooh yeah

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-03-14 01:33 AM
    Fire Phone, Blackphone, Homophone. All colossal flops. While the tried, tested and true BlackBerry reigns supreme.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-03-14 01:48 AM
    Are Fire phone sales numbers showing up? I hadn't heard any news.

I don't actually see much benefit to either company in such a partnership. What does either offer that would be considered attractive? And by attractive it means tangible benefits.
    kbz1960, JeepBB, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    08-03-14 09:19 AM
    The world's largest online retailer running on the most secure mobile platform in the industry.

What's not to like?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:04 AM
    The world's largest online retailer running on the most secure mobile platform in the industry.

What's not to like?

Posted via CB10
    It sounds lovely on paper.

Has Amazon or the mobile industry demonstrated a need for this level of security? Will it drive growth at Amazon, given that growth is the absolute driving force in Bezos' business model? Will it drive growth for BBRY? Will Amazon or BBRY offer a special experience exclusive to BBs that will attract substantial numbers of users who are valuable to both Amazon and BBRY?

Amazon does not exist in many key BB regions and I don't believe they intend to expand there in the near future; conversely they are very strong in many regions where BB is especially weak.

Will partnering with BBRY give the public the impression that Amazon does not trust its own massive infrastructure?

I see several real and several potential pitfalls that would cancel out any benefits. I just don't really see a need for each other.
    08-03-14 11:21 AM
    ask anyone who's had their checking or credit card account compromised and you may get a different answer.

http://www.wired.com/2012/08/apple-a...honan-hacking/

If the Chancellor of Germany feels secure in what she does with her BB10 device considering what the NSA has been up to, who would you trust with YOUR data?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Germa...icials_id58716
    08-03-14 01:26 PM
    I particularly like this part of the Wired article, which is a biggie imho..

"Moreover, if your computers aren’t already cloud-connected devices, they will be soon. Apple is working hard to get all of its customers to use iCloud. Google’s entire operating system is cloud-based. And Windows 8, the most cloud-centric operating system yet, will hit desktops by the tens of millions in the coming year. My experience leads me to believe that cloud-based systems need fundamentally different security measures. Password-based security mechanisms — which can be cracked, reset, and socially engineered — no longer suffice in the era of cloud computing"
    08-03-14 01:35 PM
    I don't see how BB10 addresses. in any way, the shortcomings of the Fire Phone. The main criticism of the device is the restricted Android ecosystem. BB10 offers that same restricted ecosystem but less efficiently and effectively plus the option of accessing an even more restricted ecosystem.
    08-03-14 01:44 PM
    Good idea, I like it. Time for a greater partnership!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 02:09 PM
    The firephone is plagued by 2 things IMO

high cost and limited ecosystem

BB10 on a fire device would have the same issues i think.
    TGR1, JeepBB, sentimentGX4 and 3 others like this.
    08-03-14 03:56 PM
    If Amazon wants to enter the phone market and Blackberry needs a source of native apps..... it's not too difficult to see the potential the OP is talking about.
    08-03-14 05:59 PM
    If Amazon wants to enter the phone market and Blackberry needs a source of native apps..... it's not too difficult to see the potential the OP is talking about.
    exactly.

Amazon can cut their Google, even Android dependency and get devs to make BB10 (QNX) apps on a much more stable platform. Their media stores become the source of music, movies, apps, games, etc, etc.

BBRY can develop the OS software to run on the devices

Foxconn can continue to make the actual hardware

Heck, let's go a step further, integrate BBM into Amazon's Prime services.

How's THAT appeal to anyone?

And w/ BB Balance.....you can still keep your spreadsheets SEPERATE!!!!!
    Last edited by daveomatic; 08-03-14 at 06:34 PM.
    08-03-14 06:19 PM
    Fire Phone, Blackphone, Homophone. All colossal flops. While the tried, tested and true BlackBerry reigns supreme.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Well I wouldn't call the Playbook, Z10, Q10, Q5, and Z30 a smashing success either. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    08-03-14 06:40 PM
    Are Fire phone sales numbers showing up? I hadn't heard any news.

I don't actually see much benefit to either company in such a partnership. What does either offer that would be considered attractive? And by attractive it means tangible benefits.
    Amazon want to sell you things. Their hardware has always been subsidised because the focus is on selling you books, apps, films, music - whatever. So the Fire lines are a means to an end. If Amazon were to think that they could do that just as effectively with BB10 hardware, then there's no reason why it wouldn't offer them an advantage - not least in development costs. If 10.3 offers that as effectively, then it is a possibility that they'd look at that in the future.
    08-04-14 05:18 AM
    I think it would be good. Maybe offer them an app or something that can scan applications and their phone for problems. We do not want to dilute the blackberry name as being subpar on security.
    08-04-14 05:45 AM
    Both are apparently handicapped because of Google dependence ...

Is there any way to create a compelling user experience without depending on Google and its services.... ?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 07:29 PM
    Amazon should scrap if it already hasn't the Firefail. Then get to work on coding some native BB10 apps for all the services they offer.
    08-12-14 07:44 PM
    We don't know how the FirePhone will fare yet. Maybe its features could resonate with consumers? Also, while market research does indicate that it will flop, BB10 sets a rather low bar to beat.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Did the makers of Blackphone have a multibillion dollar writedown now?
    ziggy3055 and JeepBB like this.
    08-12-14 07:49 PM
    We don't know how the FirePhone will fare yet. Maybe its features could resonate with consumers? Also, while market research does indicate that it will flop, BB10 sets a rather low bar to beat.

Did the makers of Blackphone have a multibillion dollar writedown now?
    I don't know if they have yet. But I'm sure they will. There's only room for one color Black in the mobile game.
    08-12-14 07:58 PM
    The fire phone fall flat because it only had one carrier and for its features is heavily overpriced, plus the whole plus the Whole purpose of the fire phone is to advertise the Amazon service and the security vulnerable cloud stuff.

Even for 28$ I wouldn't touch such a phone in a million years.also the new Amazon free shipping max is pissing me of, the sole purpose is to sell more prime memberships, which now include stuff I don't need (Amazon prime video)!
    08-12-14 08:11 PM
    And pushes BB10... [key]

Intrigued by this idea and lovin it! Amazon becoming the supplier of apps made native for BB10 devices......sounds like it could be a beautiful partnership with potential to nurture of both parties.. Ooh yeah

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-12-14 08:41 PM
59 123