BlackBerry will exit handset market. He said that the rumor is within the company that blackberry will be sold to Americans. The reason is that BlackBerry is Canadian and NSA cannot legally spy on Blackberry network. Once blackberry will become subsidiary of American company NSA will not have this legal issue anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:39 PM
    SOOOO many things wrong with this... for one thing, the NSA doesn't seem to care much about what it's "legally" allowed to spy on anyway. However, the NSA does license encryption algorithms that BlackBerry owns, so that might be what this person was talking about.
    10-07-13 05:41 PM
    BlackBerry will exit handset market. He said that the rumor is within the company that blackberry will be sold to Americans. The reason is that BlackBerry is Canadian and NSA cannot legally spy on Blackberry network. Once blackberry will become subsidiary of American company NSA will not have this legal issue anymore.

Posted via CB10
    And what makes you think the NSA cares about the legality if it's "spying"?
    10-07-13 05:43 PM
    It's probably easier (legally) for then to justify (before or after they get caught) 'spying' on foreign entities, so...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:46 PM
    I think we now know why this person is an ex-employee.
    10-07-13 05:50 PM
    Your friend has a good sense of humor.
    BBVegasGirl80 and Soham Z10 like this.
    10-07-13 05:51 PM
    ...and of course an EX BlackBerry employee would have no axe to grind so we can trust this as absolute gospel. BTW, what did this person do at BlackBerry? High level management, mid level office worker, janitorial services? That kind of matters.
    10-07-13 05:52 PM
    Most likely this ex employee is on the janitorial staff, reading paper in trash buckets.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, Etios, geraham and 4 others like this.
    10-07-13 05:55 PM
    I'm actually surprised that anyone took the OP seriously. I totally assumed he was joking and had a bit of a laugh.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:58 PM
    Could have been one of the BlackBerry Link programmers.
    10-07-13 05:58 PM
    ...and of course an EX BlackBerry employee would have no axe to grind so we can trust this as absolute gospel. BTW, what did this person do at BlackBerry? High level management, mid level office worker, janitorial services? That kind of matters.
    Cross-platform BBM.

I kid.
    fixerdude and Alphax45 like this.
    10-07-13 06:25 PM
    Cross-platform BBM.

I kid.
    That would be a sign of pro-active management... a dead give away... lol

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-07-13 06:41 PM
    Could have been one of the BlackBerry Link programmers.
    ouch.
    10-07-13 06:42 PM
    Whether or not this thread is a joke or not, you are right on one piece of info. Blackberry will most likely exit the hardware side of things.

Either way Bitek, Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) is coming for you now....
    10-07-13 06:43 PM
    I am not sure why this is far fetched.
    Apple Google Microsoft all cooperate with NSA. BlackBerry does not because it does not have to. It is Canadian company. Once it will become part of American company it will have to cooperate.
    Just for 4 billion dollars NSA will have access to foreign governments relying on BlackBerry. This is real if lifetime for NSA.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:46 PM
    Apple Google Microsoft all cooperate with NSA. BlackBerry does not because it does not have to. It is Canadian company. Once it will become part of American company it will have to cooperate.
    Just for 4 billion dollars NSA will have access to foreign governments relying on BlackBerry. This is real if lifetime for NSA.

Posted via CB10
    And it's because of this knowledge you have that Sam Fisher is coming for you.
    10-07-13 06:48 PM

Seriously, this is your 2197th post?
    10-07-13 06:50 PM
    And it's because of this knowledge you have that Sam Fisher is coming for you.
    And he's coming in a black helicopter, straight from the site where he faked the moon landing.
    Mich1001 and paulo_mealha like this.
    10-07-13 06:53 PM
    hahahahahahahahha NSA and "legally" in the same sentence.

HILARIOUS

The NSA has shown that they could not possibly care less about the legalities of what they're doing. They have "allegedly" spied on Brazilian and Mexican leaders, and also leaders at the G20 summit in London.
    10-07-13 06:56 PM
    The NSA simply taps into communications at the carrier's office. They've been doing this for years. They don't need access to BlackBerry's network at all. BlackBerry has to comply with the laws that apply in the jurisdictions they operate in. They've already had to cooperate with foreign governments or face a shut-down in those countries. The same could easily happen in the US/Canada.

I agree, this "ex employee" was likely a janitor reading someone's notes from the trash bin.
    10-07-13 06:56 PM
    Most people here are sleeping with their shoes on.
    10-07-13 07:02 PM
    Most people here are sleeping with their shoes on.
    I was under the impression that was a waterloonian tradition. Mike L and Jim B insisted whenever they were hosting sleepovers.

True story.
    10-07-13 07:34 PM
    is this ex-employee just laid off? i feel good for BBRY company because if they laid him off, it truly is beneficial for BBRY, for spreading stuffs like this. there's just so much of fallacy and room for reasonable doubts.

Then again, NSA sends a "national security" letter, and the reciepient is not even allowed to expose that he /she / the entity has received a "national security" letter, no?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-07-13 07:36 PM
    Most likely this ex employee is on the janitorial staff, reading paper in trash buckets.

Posted via CB10
    and if it weren't for janitorial staff,your schools,offices etc would look like sh!t when you go to work so don't knock the hustle playa.I am a highschool"janitor"btw.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-07-13 07:43 PM
    This is unincredible weird.
    10-07-13 07:45 PM
157 123 ...