BlackBerry and Apple are two companies that are meant for each other. A merger would help them both.
    This is like saying Obamacare was a great idea
    03-11-15 12:12 PM
    BlackBerry and Apple are two companies that are meant for each other.
    "Meant for each other" might be stretching it. But if Apple wants to make a serious play in enterprise, they'd buy BlackBerry tomorrow.

They're either waiting for the company to become healthier or for the stock to dip.
    03-11-15 12:17 PM
    "Meant for each other" might be stretching it. But if Apple wants to make a serious play in enterprise, they'd buy BlackBerry tomorrow.

They're either waiting for the company to become healthier or for the stock to dip.
    What are the numbers in new enterprise devices? I can't imagine that Apple isn't far ahead of BB10 at this time. Does anyone here know?
    03-11-15 05:33 PM
    [WARN]Please discuss the topic of the thread or move on to another. And, leave the personal comments out of the discussion.[/WARN]
    03-11-15 06:08 PM

Yeah, I suppose it's more QNX that is perfect for Apple than BlackBerry itself. A closed source micro kernel that has binary compatibility with BSD and Linux sure wold be handy, but Apple has done quite well with their BSD system.

Of course, you have to keep in mind that Apple and Sony choose to use BSD as the base of their operating systems, because the BSD license doesn't require them to give back to the open source community in any way. As a result, as far as I am aware, neither do. Personally, I would prefer their whole system to be closed source rather than know they are making gobs of profit off of other people's work and giving squat in return. Hence QNX + Apple = Perfect Match.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:29 AM
    ...the BSD license doesn't require them to give back to the open source community in any way. As a result, as far as I am aware, neither do.
    Posted via CB10
    https://opensource.apple.com

Apple is an active contributor to lots and lots of OSS projects. They funded the open-source Clang, the default compiler for FreeBSD 10. Not to mention WebKit, which BB10 uses.

This page talks about FreeBDS's debt to Apple's development of OS X.

Back to the original topic... Blackberry has little to offer Apple. And if Apple were to acquire BB, nothing of BB would be left that anyone here cares about.
    03-13-15 11:55 AM
    What are the numbers in new enterprise devices? I can't imagine that Apple isn't far ahead of BB10 at this time. Does anyone here know?
    I found this article with a link to a report of Enterprise marketshare for calendar Q4, 2014(Apple's Q1, 2015) dated 2/26/15. http://http://siliconangle.com/blog/...s-for-q4-2014/
    03-22-15 02:12 PM
    In the event of a merger, Apple would most likely kill any handset sales and integrate what they could of BB10 and BES into iOS and OS X. After reading this post, I find myself wondering if Apple would someday release an iPhone with a PKB, whether or not any acquisition happens, and if I'd buy it. It would probably be a slider, like the Motorola Cliq, or the original Droid.
    03-22-15 02:21 PM
33 12