Both companies have effectively failed in the consumer market, and neither appear to be stemming the BYOD tide that a lot of businesses are adopting.

Given that BlackBerry is already focused on enterprise, and Microsoft's recent announcement to focus their phone efforts on enterprise, are there not significant benefits to the two companies working together?

Something deeper than just having Microsoft apps available on Android. More like a joint venture in which one company offered complete, top-to-bottom, integration and customer support. A Priv where a business had access to Android apps, BlackBerry security, and Microsoft's office tools. Where a business didn't have to use multiple companies to get what they needed. Something like that might make a dent in the enterprise market.

Admittedly, I don't know where that would leave Windows Phone, which seems like it still has a ways to go before it can achieve Microsoft's vision of "one" Windows. It just seems like neither company are selling phones fast enough to justify trying to go it alone.
    06-02-16 11:20 AM
    Why would MS need BlackBerry?
    06-02-16 01:56 PM
    OP must not be aware MS has Intune a competitor to BES that MS sells as a package with Office 365 and its other products.
    06-02-16 02:03 PM
    A negative plus another negative equals a bigger negative.

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    06-02-16 02:23 PM
    Black-white, liberal-conservative, right-wrong, android-iOS....who needs more than two choices. [sarcasm] I really don't see any place where they could help each other.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 02:42 PM
    OP must not be aware MS has Intune a competitor to BES that MS sells as a package with Office 365 and its other products.
    Honestly, I completely forgot Intune existed for Windows Phone.
    06-02-16 03:03 PM
    Honestly, I completely forgot Intune existed for Windows Phone.
    It manages way more IOS and Android phones as those are the popular platforms for enterprise.. If your company uses MS enterprise mobile apps Office etc then MS basically throws in Intune for cheap. Makes is difficult for companies like Good to raise prices and make money which is why it was so cheap to acquire for BB.
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-02-16 03:53 PM
    I personally like the idea.

I don't like Android or iOS and would love to see them merge in the handset market.
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-02-16 05:49 PM
    Microsoft should abandon Windows Phone in favor for BB10. I've seen many Ex Window phone users jump ship onto either Android or BB10.

MS should consider adoptions BB10 and both can help push this remarkable platform.

Rocking a Z30
    06-23-16 08:22 AM
    Microsoft should abandon Windows Phone in favor for BB10. I've seen many Ex Window phone users jump ship onto either Android or BB10.

MS should consider adoptions BB10 and both can help push this remarkable platform.

Rocking a Z30
    Yes, because dumping a 0.7% marketshare OS in favor of a 0.2% marketshare OS is such a brilliant idea.

*ME173X
    06-23-16 08:31 AM
    Microsoft is not going to switch for bb10. They are aiming for Windows on all platform. One interface to rule them all!!!

They would have to buy BlackBerry for the "other" stuff...which is security?

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-23-16 09:34 AM

This idea is just completely without merit on all levels.
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    06-23-16 09:39 AM

Rocking a Z30
    Too be honest... I don't know many ex-Windows users. At least not many that have used a Windows phone in the last five years. And I've only known one other BB10 users in the real world they moved from a dumb phone to BB10... later they went to an iPhone. So personally I have no experience with people jumping ship to BB10.

Microsoft is all about one OS.... Server, Desktop, Tablet and Phone... that will be Windows based. And Windows and QNX have almost nothing in common, and I really don't see where or how BB10 would fix the problem that Windows has. It's a good os with lots of features and functionality. Only real issue is lack of developer support and BB10 can't help with that.
    06-23-16 09:57 AM