I see samsung, iphone and Nokia phone ads on the telly...I've yet to see a BlackBerry commercial...C'mon BlackBerry, help us help you...as a user I promote BlackBerry to friends and colleagues...it would be wonderful to actually see a TV commercial...geez!!!

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    03-08-14 02:19 PM
    BlackBerry needs a consistent gimmick..
    Like that girl on the commercials for insurance...believe her names is Flo...or like in Nascar by UPS...what can brown do for you, Race the Truck...something like those...they stick in the mind due to creativity....

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    03-08-14 02:23 PM
    I agree, BB10 is amazing and it can be marketed. Problem: 2013.
    With all do respect, you need to do a bit more research into why he is taking these steps. Try and find one article that states BlackBerry should be doing as you suggest right now. You will not find one.
    I can understand your frustration, but to call him stupid at this point is.......well stupid.

Posted via CB10
    I still run into people on a daily basis who would have invested in Z10, even today's year old Z10, if they'd simply known about it... but they've already switched to iToys.

I HAVE researched this... and still believe that abandoning the US consumer market, even if just for a while, is wrong wrong wrong.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    03-08-14 02:27 PM
    I still run into people on a daily basis who would have invested in Z10, even today's year old Z10, if they'd simply known about it... but they've already switched to iToys.

I HAVE researched this... and still believe that abandoning the US consumer market, even if just for a while, is wrong wrong wrong.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I greatly appreciate your passion and support. Please answer me this though, say BlackBerry gives each major US carrier $1 mill each for some small advertising and provides all the device training (which they have). Now that we know how the carrier's feel and act towards BlackBerry do you still (as a business) try to to pump more money into the pockets of carrier CEOs or do you focus your attention and money where it will be rewarded? They have started to open their own supply lines so things are changing. I feel your pain and distress when not even the carriers give a sheet but things are changing and that's why you have CRACKBERRY!!! Even better support than the carrier's (sometimes)

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-08-14 02:45 PM
    Mr. Chen won't be reading this, and there won't be any more marketing for the Z10, which first launched over a year ago.

Enjoy your Z10, and have a nice day.
    03-08-14 03:05 PM
    Last year is over. They have a new opportunity to do it right with the Q20 and Z3. And the two high ends that have yet to announced. Q30, Z50? Rumored to be at least quad-core for cpu.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 03:55 PM
    The reality is if they want to re-gain supremacy they will have to be successful on two fronts, the social masses and business. What they should have done was release two types of phone. I do realize they did that with the z10 and Q10, but it was poorly executed starting with alicia keys.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:11 PM
    Have also done this in various Vodafone stores and have been complimented about my knowledge of the phones even suggesting I should work as one of the sales reps but I play it all down because I get all my information from CrackBerry and I think every regular forum member is also doing the same thing as me. It's just on a global scale all of us live few and far between to notice any progress.
    03-08-14 04:32 PM
    The reality is if they want to re-gain supremacy they will have to be successful on two fronts, the social masses and business. What they should have done was release two types of phone. I do realize they did that with the z10 and Q10, but it was poorly executed starting with alicia keys.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, with the transition to BYOD, it will be necessary to succeed in both markets. Neither can be ignored.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-08-14 04:41 PM
    You said everything I was thinking in my head but I couldn't word it so perfectly. They don't care and it's either Verizon, T mobiles, or BlackBerry's fault. Someone is to blame.

Why would it be a carrier fault? They just sell what people want.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:52 PM
    Yup, with the transition to BYOD, it will be necessary to succeed in both markets. Neither can be ignored.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    BES12 is bringing that vision together with the addition of windows phones and BlackBerry OS devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 06:48 PM
    Have also done this in various Vodafone stores and have been complimented about my knowledge of the phones even suggesting I should work as one of the sales reps but I play it all down because I get all my information from CrackBerry and I think every regular forum member is also doing the same thing as me. It's just on a global scale all of us live few and far between to notice any progress.
    Lol, I've been laughed at many times. It usually turns to silence after I actually demonstrate the Z10 though. Lately, I get the best response from when I hang my z10 in my window car mount. A few passengers have said it's almost as if BB10 was designed for the car. The pure multitasking capabilities , operating system layout and ease of use really shines while driving. Especially if you hook it up to your car sound system/ use Blue Tooth / use Voice Recognition for Text and Emails / use Music Apps while using BlackBerry Maps etc. You really have to try it to understand what I mean though. It just flows perfectly and feels completely safe.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:26 PM
    Lol, I've been laughed at many times. It usually turns to silence after I actually demonstrate the Z10 though. Lately, I get the best response from when I hang my z10 in my window car mount. A few passengers have said it's almost as if BB10 was designed for the car. The pure multitasking capabilities , operating system layout and ease of use really shines while driving. Especially if you hook it up to your car sound system/ use Blue Tooth / use Voice Recognition for Text and Emails / use Music Apps while using BlackBerry Maps etc. You really have to try it to understand what I mean though. It just flows perfectly and feels completely safe.

Posted via CB10
    I am also able to defend my choice quite easily when I demonstrate the power of BB10. They are like..."wtf that's a BlackBerry ? "

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    xBURK likes this.
    03-08-14 08:02 PM
    To be honest, how many year-old phones do you see being advertised by any manufacturer? Bueller? Bueller?

It doesn't make sense, monetarily. It is a good piece of equipment, but in the mobile industry, a device has a self-life, for sales and advertising. You're pitting an almost two year old design against a growing crop of competition. If you are small and lost in a crowd, you want to yell when there is a lull, not when everyone else is buzzing if you want to be heard.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-09-14 12:18 AM
    Dear All

The reason someone buy a phone are :
    - They are proud their screen is beautiful
    - They will said my battery stay longer
    - Their phone is unique with good shape
    - Good signal and good phone sound
    - Easy to add receive phone number to contact
    - Never lag or memory low ( my Z10 very good), to phone, music and video
    - Good Map and camera function

As easy that we can show to other that our phone is unique and good.
    And the most important listen to your potential new customer, filter it, implement it, lesson integrated device is good but they have to full function if they stand alone (see playbook).
    Marketing must adopt new strategy with base line everyone like new techno function in their device. Jangan pelit dan lambat lah ha ha ha.

I still hope BB can be device to choice for VIP person and strong person like us new young generation.

03-09-14 01:20 AM
    To be honest, how many year-old phones do you see being advertised by any manufacturer? Bueller? Bueller?

It doesn't make sense, monetarily. It is a good piece of equipment, but in the mobile industry, a device has a self-life, for sales and advertising. You're pitting an almost two year old design against a growing crop of competition. If you are small and lost in a crowd, you want to yell when there is a lull, not when everyone else is buzzing if you want to be heard.
    Exactly. Mr. Chen will have a clean slate to work with on the next big device launch.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-09-14 01:20 AM
    Mr. Chen must stop the bleeding from the artery, make sure the airway is open, then make sure the patient is breathing. Then move to the secondary survey.... You guys know your first aid. The only real source of funds right now is from enterprise. Once they shore that up, they can branch out again. I for one would not be upset to see direct sales of devices. The carriers i think would be okay with it as long as they get their piece of the pie. It could be sold as a win because no stock would have to be purchased by the carrier.
    03-10-14 06:28 AM
    I am a proponent of BlackBerry ditching carriers altogether and selling direct, unlocked devices.

Carriers can, at their option, buy devices in bulk at "wholesale prices" from BlackBerry and offer them to their customers subsidized if they want, but I don't see why BlackBerry should spend any more "good money" chasing the carriers who haven't got any incentive to train their staff properly.

In a world where only one carrier is "allowed" to sell BlackBerry, that would be a differentiator for that carrier, and maybe that sole carrier would give a darn and make sure that their staff are well trained... but in THIS world, where everyone CAN carry BB devices, there is no differentiation, there is no incentive for any single carrier to do better than the others and be the "premier" BlackBerry carrier.

If BlackBerry isn't going to go "direct" completely, they should at least smarten up and only allow ONE carrier in each region to sell their devices, and that carrier should have significant incentives to do it properly AND DISINCENTIVES if they don't do it right.

Don't expect to see a lot of marketing from BlackBerry unless you frequent websites that cater to enterprise IT or operations types, because that's what BlackBerry has declared as their target audience, so TV ads during "Modern Family" aren't going to be part of that strategy.
    03-13-14 10:44 AM
    Alicia Keys' salary ate up their marketing budget.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:14 AM
    I'm still confused about the OPs use of the word 'disgusted'.

I see nothing about Chen eating crickets, killing animals, or peeling off his flesh.

Nothing he posted is even remotely disgusting. Over dramatic much?

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-16-14 11:59 AM
    There will be phones available for those who want it. Right now BlackBerry and Chen are in a turnaround... so lets give Chen the due for a stable turnaround strategy. I am sure with time we will get more phones out and maybe more spent on Marketing. Till that time Chen will spend enough to keep BlackBerry as a name to remember. Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:16 PM
    If BlackBerry would shoot a little ad. Money at vzw to advertise the z30 you would see sales go crazy. I didn't even know vzw had the z 30 without this site

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    At least they didn't go for Beiber!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:14 AM
98 ... 234