I've been thinking of this commercial theme for a while now, want to know your take (and I'm hoping some BlackBerry people are reading)

You have a Samsung person and an iPhone person arguing about their phones. Each one says something bad about the other persons phone. They look dumb, childish and nothing but negative reviews of each other is said.

As they argue, the camera zooms out and you see a person with a BB10. She/he shakes their head, calls them amateurs, and starts swiping on their phone, and the camera cuts to their screen and they're working on an excel sheet or power point or drafting an email etc. They're getting work done.

Then the voice over says something to the effect of "Get it done. BlackBerry, professionals only."

They could run the "professionals only" theme of commercials in different scenarios and contexts.

Time to be aggressive and confident damn it. No more "keep moving" soft commercials. And the bickering of the two rival phones could be funny. People like funny and confident commercials.

Let's go

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:19 AM
    Tribes?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    11-09-13 09:38 AM
    Problem is that goes back to the tools not toys which failed miserably. Also it will quickly be pointed out that ios and android can do all those things as well.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Guy and Bbnivende like this.
    11-09-13 10:10 AM
    Problem is that goes back to the tools not toys which failed miserably. Also it will quickly be pointed out that ios and android can do all those things as well.

Posted via CB10
    Tools not toys didn't have the competition make fun of each other. In other words, it didn't go negative, it stayed positive. And as we know, people like negative ads. So start bashing iOS and Android. Be confident

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:19 AM
    You mean like this?

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-09-13 10:31 AM
    You mean like this?

Wow, that's surprisingly my idea. Well, I guess not my idea. Damn it it's tough being unique these days lol. I would make minor changes buuuttt seeing as it didn't work for windows phone, I'll go ahead and retract my idea.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:12 PM
    I loved the windows adds that attacked BB users for constantly using their phones and being criticized with "Seriously!" that commercial gave BlackBerry lots of free advertising lol

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:48 PM
    I do love that ad

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:55 PM
    I rather them keep the "keep moving" slogan. Especially for your theme.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:05 PM
    They should have gone and kept up with this.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    CollBERRY likes this.
    11-16-13 09:28 PM
    They should have gone and kept up with this.

That ad is pretty awesome
    11-20-13 08:56 PM
    I like OP's idea.

Posted via CB10
    Tools not toys failed because they didn't have BlackBerry 10 to back it up. While other phones were showing full web, BlackBerry was showing waiting/click icon and hanging all the time.

Tools not toys should work with Q10 running on 10.2.1+ easily.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    11-21-13 01:01 AM
    I like OP's idea.

Tools not toys failed because they didn't have BlackBerry 10 to back it up. While other phones were showing full web, BlackBerry was showing waiting/click icon and hanging all the time.

Tools not toys should work with Q10 running on 10.2.1+ easily.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    No - because when you say to someone who currently uses their iphone or android in an highly productive manner that they have a toy, they don't think "wow I've got to get what they have", you make yourself look deluded or a liar or you get forced into a situation where you are calling them a liar when they tell you they already have tools.
    11-21-13 02:52 AM
    No - because when you say to someone who currently uses their iphone or android in an highly productive manner that they have a toy, they don't think "wow I've got to get what they have", you make yourself look deluded or a liar or you get forced into a situation where you are calling them a liar when they tell you they already have tools.
    Exactly, what can we do that they can't, message management is pretty awesome with bb10 but other than that there really isn't anything that comes to mind tbh.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:25 AM
    "Amateur hour is over" has a nice ring to it!
    11-21-13 03:44 AM