Lots of posts and suggestions for celebrity reps- but the basic question they must answer is who is the market they are after? Did they abandon the consumer for the prosumer? Is it strictly business users? Can the regain both with a version of balance for non enterprise owner- i.e. could it allow regular consumers the utility if balance - work and personnel partitions? Any real clues where BlackBerry's head is at?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:57 AM
    Anywhere is better than where Frank was taking them!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-25-13 10:12 AM
    Lots of posts and suggestions for celebrity reps- but the basic question they must answer is who is the market they are after? Did they abandon the consumer for the prosumer? Is it strictly business users? Can the regain both with a version of balance for non enterprise owner- i.e. could it allow regular consumers the utility if balance - work and personnel partitions? Any real clues where BlackBerry's head is at?

Posted via CB10
    It will be the same as now. A business device that allows for consumer functions. A prosumer.
    11-25-13 10:17 AM
    It will be the same as now. A business device that allows for consumer functions. A prosumer.
    Is that by design or default as they have not been too successful in attracting some very popular apps- i.e. is this their choice or is their competitive arena being defined for them?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:56 AM
    The press release not saying they are searching for a replacement is instructive. They are no longer going to market to consumers.
    11-26-13 05:18 PM
    Anywhere is better than where Frank was taking them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Boulben simply did not do the job that he did responsible for. BlackBerry's marketing efforts since the BB10 launch was abysmal. There was a real need for the company to change its direction, so I'm glad that he is gone.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    11-30-13 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Like it or not, BlackBerry does need the consumers on board if it plans on reversing it's fortunes and remaining relevant in the market.

Especially with the trend of more and more workplaces implementing BYOD.

Just being a business device is not going to generate the sales that it needs to remain a profitable company.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    11-30-13 10:29 AM
    11-30-13 10:40 AM
    The National Post (Canadian newspaper) seems to think it will be enterprise focused.

BlackBerry Ltd chief John Chen�€™s executive shakeup ends consumer era, hints at more focused enterprise future
    Well, there you have it. It's looking like BB as we know it is done. I see -500 employee Software/Enterprise only when the smoke clears. They will buy a phone from Samsung, slap BB sticker on it, load BB10 and sell to biz and whoever else wants to pay list price. No ads. It's over folks.
    12-01-13 04:15 PM
    Well, there you have it. It's looking like BB as we know it is done. I see -500 employee Software/Enterprise only when the smoke clears. They will buy a phone from Samsung, slap BB sticker on it, load BB10 and sell to biz and whoever else wants to pay list price. No ads. It's over folks.
    Not that this is going to happen, but you can still be profitable that way. He said he has 4 foci, including handsets. Z10000000 pleaseee. (That was me making fun of their dumb naming system, although I still want it).

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:18 PM
    OK well I seriously doubt the feasibility of a scenario where BB10 will be running on Android phones in any official environment, but I do agree with your theory of a much smaller workforce. When your company is doing MDM only, there is no reason to keep employing 10,000 people unfortunately. I see 1000-2000 left after the smoke clears.
    12-02-13 08:41 PM
    Well they just eliminated my position and about 80 more like me. I worked for MarketStar doing field marketing. Most of my job was retail focused so I get it... but they were trying to refocus us to work with smb and b2b reps... it took in some cities and not in others.

Anyone wanna hire me for their underground fight club, or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:15 PM
    Getting rid of Frank B. Was like getting rid of captain smith right after the titantic hit the ice burg.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:52 PM
    Getting rid of Frank B. Was like getting rid of captain smith right after the titantic hit the ice burg.

Posted via CB10
    You mean... after all the bodies were recovered.

It is way past the time for him to be gone. Damage was done, done again, repeated, re-repeated, done again... i saw fan made stuff that was better than the official bb10 os and device materials.

Horrible

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Someone like Bieber or another t(w)eenage 'star' who can use the device as a way to show people that it can get a lot done.

Also, 'business' people... diplo, Jay Z, movie producers and so on.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:33 AM
    You mean... after all the bodies were recovered.

It is way past the time for him to be gone. Damage was done, done again, repeated, re-repeated, done again... i saw fan made stuff that was better than the official bb10 os and device materials.

Horrible

Posted via CB10
    I mean it was too little too late.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:46 PM