I had the bold, upgraded to Q10 and then the Classic. And each time I felt it is a better device. No regrets on following the intended upgrade path.

Now if only they'll put the trackpad on the passport...

Posted via CB10
    Lol, they put a trackpad on the Passport, I'm looking past the awkward shape and I'm all in!!! I'm still interested in seeing the finished product on this slider!!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-22-15 06:25 PM
    The Classic is awesome! Only issue I have is the double typing..thats it. Its def annoying, but not enough of a problem for me to jump ship!
    Did the latest OS 10.3.2 help with the DT issue ?
    06-22-15 07:26 PM
    Did the latest OS 10.3.2 help with the DT issue ?
    Not so much. It doesn't do it as much though, that's for sure. Didn't double type once while I typed this..

06-23-15 11:16 AM
    I think the original poster on this thread has some valid points that should not lightly be dismissed.

I used a 9930 for some time before my Q10 and for a while when my Q10 was broken. Now I am on the Classic. I would not go back to the 9930, because obviously the Classic is far more capable.

But when I had to fall back on my 9930 for a while, I was reminded of how nice an experience it was to use. In its relatively limited sphere, it did everything nicely and all aspects of its operation meshed together smoothly. Pretty much every aspect of its interaction with me was customizable. And it DID have better sound.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all in on BlackBerry 10. It's just that it's still pretty klunky and raw in some respects. BBOS was a mature OS (okay, an elderly one) by the time the 9930 rolled out, so what it did it did smoothly.

Bear in mind when I say BlackBerry 10 is klunky, I am running a relatively early build (thanks, Verizon!). I know things will get fixed.

But right now, being a BlackBerry user requires an extraordinary amount of forbearance. The current management makes it easier to have faith and hope. But I certainly understand anyone having difficulty mustering much love for the way things are right now.

Posted via CB10
    The only aspects i miss about the bold and BBOS in general are some of what you listed here. It was a very easy and quick OS to navigate. No lag in this respect. Navigating BB10 even on the quad-core passport gets laggy at times. No i don't have my rosey nostalgia glasses on, i also do remember the spinning clocks, but my point is on navigation of OS.

I will also say, that despite the passports superior feeling keyboard to the less substantiated feel of the bold or Q10, i feel the "smiling keyboard" arrangement on the bold is still the best and most ergonomic layout to the BB10 QWERTY's. You could really hammer out messages the fastest and pretty accurately on the bold.

This is all just based on my experience and opinion of course.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:46 AM
    And methinks also that how OP is a new member with one thing in mind...trolling might be their purpose. Hopefully they will answer some of the questions that pop up.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Why calling someone a troll? He has different opinions and questions. Come down from your pedastle buddy.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 03:53 PM
    It's all subjective, and arguing about old vs new is a waste of time. You like what you like. If it works for you, great.

I have found that over time, you can find good and bad in any smartphone. I personally am still on a 9900. Why? Because what's important to me and my BUSINESS, the phone does flawlessly. And, it Bridges to my Playbook superbly. My Playbook is an extension of my Bold, so I use it as a large screen smartphone to text and email and use the web. Plus, my carrier does not see BRIDGE as hotspot, so I can surf all day long with no extra charge.

I'll eventually jump on BB10 or whatever is next if 10 evolves to something else by the time I am done with BB 7, but for now the 9900 works for me as a BUSINESS tool. For a PERSONAL phone on a required 2nd line, I have a new Android Quad Core 4.3.

If it works, it works. If not, then you look for something that does. I really have a Jones for a new Passport. That will probably be my next phone.
    06-29-15 05:37 PM
    It's all subjective, and arguing about old vs new is a waste of time. You like what you like. If it works for you, great.

I have found that over time, you can find good and bad in any smartphone. I personally am still on a 9900. Why? Because what's important to me and my BUSINESS, the phone does flawlessly. And, it Bridges to my Playbook superbly. My Playbook is an extension of my Bold, so I use it as a large screen smartphone to text and email and use the web. Plus, my carrier does not see BRIDGE as hotspot, so I can surf all day long with no extra charge.

I'll eventually jump on BB10 or whatever is next if 10 evolves to something else by the time I am done with BB 7, but for now the 9900 works for me as a BUSINESS tool. For a PERSONAL phone on a required 2nd line, I have a new Android Quad Core 4.3.

If it works, it works. If not, then you look for something that does. I really have a Jones for a new Passport. That will probably be my next phone.
    Bridge is the main reason I still have my Playbook!! I recently had to get a Samsung Tab Pro for my security camera app but I quickly downloaded BB Blend to hook it up to my Classic. And if I hadn't had done that I still wouldn't be able to use the security camera app when not at the house using wifi! I just hook it up to my phone and watch my cams as long as I want using my phone's signal!

06-29-15 08:49 PM
    BlackBerry is producing motors now??

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:01 PM
    I bought a used Z30. Here are my impressions:.
    Z30 review:
    1st impression: too big and too heavy to fit unobtrusively in a man’s front pocket to carry all day every day.
    speakers are ok but has a slight tinny quality that is not as pleasant to listen to for extended periods as bold is. volume is ok.
    software works but seems to take a few more motions than on the bold to make a phone call or check messages.
    no programmable side button to key for the phone calls made page, to enable faster calling and one handed calling.
    non-removable and very heavy battery. it is hard to overemphasize the benefits of a lighter weight and removeable battery combined with the convenience of popping in a freshly charged battery during the day, with regards to lighter weight phone, increased reliability, reduced downtime while waiting for a recharge, etc.
    the z30 phone i bought wont hold a charge on standby for more than 6-8 hours. i assume it is a bad battery and not a reflection on the phone. however since the phone stays very warm it may be a phone problem. a removeable battery would have made it easy to check/remedy this problem.

classic re-review:
    after examining the classic again it is close but not quite.
    the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line.
    a business phone is for productivity.
    its slightly too big to comfortably use with one hand to make calls.
    after pushing the physical button to open it, one still has to make an awkward swipe to access hub, then another motion to open the phone page. then another motion to access either phone or calls made/received list. that is a lot of motion and highly inefficient.
    a longer phone the same width as the bold probably would work. it is important to be able to reach across the phone to make thumb entries with one hand while the other is occupied.
    there is no side button to program to bring up the calls made/received with one click, so more work is involved to make a call.
    the speakerphone is fair compared to the bold, but if as good it is certainly no better. i use the speakerphone constantly rather than have the noise focused in one ear by either the speaker or a bluetooth. it is less stress on an ear, and it is better to utilize 2 ears to help interpret what is said. not to mention the high value of conferencing in associates with the loudspeaker.
    if you want a pocket computer [and certainly that has a value] then the new operating system has made some improvements. However,
    in conclusion it is just not as efficient as the bold for calls, text and email.
    I recommend Blackberry produce a phone on the bold chassis, with all the hardware and buttons of the bold, with the new 10 operating system.
    I do not want to carry around a mini pad in my front pocket all day. For my purposes, a phone must be comfortable to carry unobtrusively in a man's front pocket 24/7, so it is available when needed.

My general conclusion is that Blackberry as a company can't get out of its own way. This is a terrible waste of a fine asset.
    07-26-15 05:08 AM
    The Classic is not an improvement over the Bold. Here is the plain truth.
    In my opinion V10 is a disaster.
    When q10 and z10 came out I tried both out.
    Neither was satisfactory. V10 was not ready for prime time.
    Today I checked out the Classic. It is still not an improvement over the Bold.
    Voice quality is not as good with the Classic as the Bold.
    The speaker is not as good as the Bold. The Classic is not satisfactory as a speakerphone. It makes no sense for you to downgrade speaker and microphone capabilities for a work tool. It is a telephone and work tool you should remember. Tool first, toy second. That is Blackberry's place in the world.
    The Classic phone vibrates when on speaker indicating a substandard chassis.
    The hub is no substitute for the messages page on the bold. This messages page is one of the substantial advantages blackberry still has over the competition. Remember the kiss philosophy: keep it simple stupid.
    The classic has a bigger screen. But you have wasted much precious real estate for the dubious privilege of pasting your name [Blackberry] on the front. It could have been put on the back. Screen space should not be compromised. You had room for a lot more screen if efficiently used. However screen size is not the most important thing.
    Most important you as a company had the best phone in the world in the bold, when considered as a telephone, email, text and work tool. You could have updated the software and the hardware for a fraction of what you spent on a dubious v10, and had a fine phone.
    You abandoned the best in favor of an operating system not ready for prime time, and which abandoned many fine organizational features of the bold in favor of a disorganized and lacking v10.
    Even today with all the new phones on the market, when judged objectively as a work tool for making phone calls, sending and receiving text, and sending and receiving emails, the bold is still the best. It is better in this respect than the iphone, the android, the z30, and the so called Classic.
    Return to and improve on your roots, if you want to succeed again.
    It is time for an update and reissue of the Bold.
    Not my experience, sorry

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:21 AM
    [warn] Don't get in the muddy out of topic territory[/warn]
    I'm in good mood for now so that no infraction has been given but I insist : shall I see such post again, poster will gain immediate and definitive ban. Clear enough ?

P.S : quoting posts deleted too, for good measure.

Thanks.
    03-18-16 07:31 AM
    Classic is better then the BOLD. All due to being equipped with BB10. Plain and Simple. And with each and every OS update, BB10 leaves the competition many years behind.

Rocking a Z30
    03-19-16 01:00 AM
    Classic is better then the BOLD. All due to being equipped with BB10. Plain and Simple. And with each and every OS update, BB10 leaves the competition many years behind.

Rocking a Z30
    That is only one reason.. better hardware also, more ergonomic, bigger screen, better speakers.