To make people keep buying and using BlackBerry Android phones, here are my crazy pscho thoughts:

1. Make BlackBerry Android smartphone very low cost like Xiaomi phones. This idea little crazy. With very low price, consumers maybe would think to see BlackBerry Android phones before buy Xiaomi phones.

2. Make insane decision. For example, make rule apply for all countries that get BlackBerry Android phones released. Everyone who buy BlackBerry Android and had used for minimal 6 months can sold that phone to BlackBerry Mobile shop representative in many countries and they give USD 300 by transfer to customer bank account who give their old BlackBerry Android phones. This craziest thing, but imagine, consumers buy KEYOne for example and after minimal 6 months of use, those consumers will get money USD 300 buy transfer to their bank account. Other vendors never do this.
    3. If in number 2 rule, BlackBerry can bankrupt because of do that thing. They can back up money buy recruiting master binary trader who can make always profit.
    10-23-18 01:55 AM
    1. If people buying a Xiaomi specifically over a BlackBerry it's probably not because of the cost.

2. and 3. Do you even want them to make a profit?!
    the_boon likes this.
    10-23-18 02:31 AM
    Lol money is infinite and making profit is overrated.
    the_boon, skrble and app_Developer like this.
    10-23-18 05:07 AM
    1. If people buying a Xiaomi specifically over a BlackBerry it's probably not because of the cost.

2. and 3. Do you even want them to make a profit?!
    Profit can be collected by profit in trading binary. If this happens, the company uses unbelievable weird strategy.
    10-24-18 03:33 PM
    Profit can be collected by profit in trading binary. If this happens, the company uses unbelievable weird strategy.
    Binary trading is a mugs game. You might as well be betting on red or black in a game of roulette. Whilst all trading of stocks and shares is a form of gambling it relies on people having an insight to the potential rises and falls. Binary trading doesn't offer the same flexibility for buying and selling and people believe they have the ability to predict the rises and falls over a short period of time when it's often difficult to say one way or another.

"unbelievable weird strategy" ... the key word in this sentence is "unbelievable".

If binary trading was a viable option then they could sack off making phones altogether and just do binary trading with an unbelievable weird strategy.
    10-24-18 03:58 PM
    2. Make insane decision.
    Their current situation is due to making too many of those, any more would dig them in deeper.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-24-18 06:15 PM
    TCL would rather exit the smartphone business entirely than to lose billions of dollars trying to create volume sales - and they have Alcatel if they want to do that in a less costly way.

TCL is merely a licensee of the BB brand, and the only value that brand has to TCL is its ability to generate profits. If TCL can't generate profits with the BB brand name, they'll simply drop it and move on in another manner.

And as for BB Ltd., they left the device business over 2 years ago, and have no plans to return.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-24-18 07:57 PM
    Op, you are asking CEO make insane salary in bit coins or Venezuela money with similar number... are you smoking something after Canada new rule?
    10-24-18 09:18 PM
    This is a joke thread right?
    howarmat and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    10-24-18 09:22 PM
    It's in Armchair CEO, so probably.
    10-25-18 07:45 AM
    No, this is crazy ideas. If that happens, the company would be number 1 in the world who make very cheap price but high spec smartphones.
    10-27-18 07:54 AM
    No, this is crazy ideas. If that happens, the company would be number 1 in the world who make very cheap price but high spec smartphones.
    I could be "number 1" in the world if I sold McDonald's hamburgers for 10 cents each in 2019 - at least until I went bankrupt because I was selling them at unsustainably low prices.

No BB-branded phone is ever going to be bargain-priced, because the manufacturers have to pay all the costs of designing, producing, and distributing the phones (and without anything in the way of volume discounts), PLUS they have to pay for the licensing from BB for the name/logos and the BB security hardening and BB software suite.

Plus, the licensees are looking to actually make a profit - not to make phones at a loss. The high-growth period in the smartphone market is over, and investors have very little tolerance for losses in 2018, unlike in 2009.
    10-31-18 09:23 PM
    Hmmmm. One doesn't have to be a doctor in the economics to understand what a nonsense this is.
    11-01-18 01:48 AM
    Make BBM OS[Open source ]version where BlackBerry can remove parts of BBM which they can't open source.. But let open source developers/contributors add signal end to end encryption into BBMos version. It will beat Threema and signal and telegram together in a year if they can do this.
    01-28-19 10:00 PM
    Make BBM OS[Open source ]version where BlackBerry can remove parts of BBM which they can't open source.. But let open source developers/contributors add signal end to end encryption into BBMos version. It will beat Threema and signal and telegram together in a year if they can do this.
    Why? What's the revenue model for BlackBerry for doing this work?
    Troy Tiscareno and Smokeaire like this.
    01-28-19 10:29 PM
    Unfortunately, that's a small market. Take me and my family, for example. Even back in the days when myself and my kids all had Blackberrys, we NEVER used BBM because unlimited texting was included in our basic cell phone plans.
    So, in North America many people use text instead of BBM because it's a TRUE cross-platform method of communication and it's also FREE.

And, as conite pointed out above, WHERE IS THE REVENUE? How would BB make money on this?

There is no money to be had. Remember, BB is NOT a CHARITY. They need to make a profit.
    01-29-19 10:19 AM
    Why? What's the revenue model for BlackBerry for doing this work?
    Check Threema model. With above open source strategy and paid plan for end to end communication everyone will hop in. And better than current Advert based model
    01-29-19 10:57 AM
    Unfortunately, that's a small market. Take me and my family, for example. Even back in the days when myself and my kids all had Blackberrys, we NEVER used BBM because unlimited texting was included in our basic cell phone plans.
    So, in North America many people use text instead of BBM because it's a TRUE cross-platform method of communication and it's also FREE.

And, as conite pointed out above, WHERE IS THE REVENUE? How would BB make money on this?

There is no money to be had. Remember, BB is NOT a CHARITY. They need to make a profit.
    Text is not secure.. Nothing to add there.. BBM with end to end encryption is most secure solution.
    01-29-19 10:58 AM
    Check Threema model. With above open source strategy and paid plan for end to end communication everyone will hop in. And better than current Advert based model
    BlackBerry already has a paid subscription plan for BBM end-to-end encryption.
    01-29-19 11:23 AM
    OP, are you in china? the rev model are different - for example, the free bike share that pays you for ride in the city due to substy of Gov to get people do fitness on street and reduce traffic jam and polution... without those money, free bike share is not feasible (unless all the rider put big Ads on their back ;-). in NA, you need earn real money to get hands to the mouth (bitcoin not count as much). if you think your wonderful idea will benefit to BB, go talk to the new COO of BB - he is from Cisco with background in security, he might shed some light if your insane idea go or no go once for all. (may be you can offer your service for free at BB - try it for 3 years? as start?)
    01-29-19 11:42 AM
    4. Hire insane people to do the other 3
    01-29-19 07:39 PM
    BlackBerry already has a paid subscription plan for BBM end-to-end encryption.
    I have used it.. It's not for everyone on play store.. My concept is make BBM open source And charge for BBM for personal not enterprise one. Check how Threema does.
    01-29-19 11:06 PM
    Which version of BBM do you want open sourced?

Do you mean the paid BBM Enterprise version, in which case BlackBerry is deathly allergic to open source, especially if they put a price tag on the product?

Do you mean consumer BBM, which is all Emtek's doing now over in Indonesia?

Or do you mean BB10 BBM, which is devoid of value now like the rest of the platform?
    01-31-19 08:16 AM
    Which version of BBM do you want open sourced?

Do you mean the paid BBM Enterprise version, in which case BlackBerry is deathly allergic to open source, especially if they put a price tag on the product?

Do you mean consumer BBM, which is all Emtek's doing now over in Indonesia?

Or do you mean BB10 BBM, which is devoid of value now like the rest of the platform?
    Consumer BBM .
    01-31-19 09:13 AM
    Consumer BBM .
    Well Emtek has that licensed out for a while now.... you should contact them with your ideas. But I really don't see a model where you could charge for something that others offer for free. Most IM today have end to end encryption for free.

I do agree that they ought to allow you to opt out of ads for a fee...
    01-31-19 10:07 AM
49 12