I'm using a Z30 after using the Z10. The Z30 screen is so much better. I would pay for an upgrade to the Passport if there's no physical keyboard. I don't see the need for a physical keyboard. It seems to just take up screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 and nt300 like this.
    07-31-15 08:04 PM
    Trust me, upgrade you won't believe the difference, the screen real estate is way better, i upgraded from the Z30 and had to go back to it while i fixed my Passport, it almost killed me.
    07-31-15 08:08 PM
    The problem here is nobody wants a physical keyboard. Despite the Passport's high uniquness and innovation, a full touch version powered by BB10 would have sold 2 to 3 times more. If BlackBerry released a Full Touch Passport, I would go out and buy one ASAP. Will that day ever come where we finally get a dam Full Touch high end BB10? We've been waiting for ages now.
    07-31-15 08:12 PM
    The problem here is nobody wants a physical keyboard. Despite the Passport's high uniquness and innovation, a full touch version powered by BB10 would have sold 2 to 3 times more. If BlackBerry released a Full Touch Passport, I would go out and buy one ASAP. Will that day ever come where we finally get a dam Full Touch high end BB10? We've been waiting for ages now.
    Probably not , but we can hold our breath.
    07-31-15 08:13 PM
    I dislike Passport design, I prefer Z10, Z30 or BlackBerry Leap. I never like QWERTY physic. For me, Z10, Z30 or Leap, are very good for full touch screen BlackBerry smartphones. Currently I am using Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:34 AM
    I dislike Passport design, I prefer Z10, Z30 or BlackBerry Leap. I never like QWERTY physic. For me, Z10, Z30 or Leap, are very good for full touch screen BlackBerry smartphones. Currently I am using Z10.

Posted via CB10
    And you are waiting for a proper Z10/Z30 upgrade. Just like most BB10 owners and 99.9% of the consumer and Enterprise markets. Yet BBRY continues to release the wrong devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 10:47 AM
    And you are waiting for a proper Z10/Z30 upgrade. Just like most BB10 owners and 99.9% of the consumer and Enterprise markets. Yet BBRY continues to release the wrong devices.

Posted via CB10
    Well, so far Z10 is good, next time, there are Z30 and Leap available in my region. I never buy old BlackBerry smartphones like Bold, Torch, Pearl, Storm, Dakota, Samoa, Bellagio, Curve, Apollo, Gemini, Monza, etc. Since I worked in a telecommunication cellular operator as call center (June 2011), most my work friends used BlackBerry, but I dislike all old BlackBerry, I used Nokia N76, then changed to Nokia 6730 Classic, then to Android till May 2015.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 11:45 AM
    Wouldn't a Passport without a keyboard just be a tablet, though?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:57 PM
    Wouldn't a Passport without a keyboard just be a tablet, though?

Posted via CB10
    It'd be a micro-tablet. I'd be interested.
    08-06-15 03:41 PM
    Fair enough!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:51 PM
    LG tried this with the Vu3 (or 2) and it bombed, but I don't know anything else about that phone. It'd be like a sawed-off Note.
    08-06-15 06:28 PM
    LG tried this with the Vu3 (or 2) and it bombed, but I don't know anything else about that phone. It'd be like a sawed-off Note.
    Passport is wider than Note. And that makes all the difference. Also, the missing height together with the width is what creates the "desktop experience", not just the width. Your eyes can only take in that much...

:-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-06-15 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same thing having a Z10 for 2 years then going to a Z30, but as soon as the Passport was available in stores I went in to see and feel one. Seeing the screen and actually holding and feeling the device for the first time blew me away, so while I waited a few months for my upgrade to come around the more I realized how beneficial and efficient the pkb's were so I decided I would go ahead with a Passport when my upgrade came along. I've now had my Passport for about a month and I'm glad I did it. I've also been reminded how much I miss and love that "click". Don't forget that the keyboard is also touch sensitive as well, so we are definitely not talking about just an ordinary pkb.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:55 PM
    An all touch Passport would still be a unique and sell better than the PKB version. Would be a mini table/phone. I would buy one over what is available now. Slider seems like a compromise device. Give me an all touch Passport, with 1440x1920 AMOLED screen and a $50 discount over the original Passport since it doesn't have that gimmicky PKB and will be cheaper to make, and I'm in.

Posted via Z30
    nt300 likes this.
    08-09-15 06:49 AM
    I think that an all touch version of the slider makes more sense.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:06 AM
    Lol... every comment in this post 'I've never used the passport, but it would be so much better if it didn't have a keyboard'

Search around the forums. Most passport users were coming from a z30.
    The passport is phenomenal, and an 'all touch' version would be stupid. As someone else mentioned, the beauty is the fact that there is just the right amount of screen real estate in this form factor.

If you've never used one, or only ever tried it for 10 minutes in store, you have no idea. All the passport users here can't be wrong, ask anyone of us. This is the best phone on the market.
    08-09-15 08:39 AM
    I think that an all touch version of the slider makes more sense.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but I said over what they have now. End users want a BB10 all touch only version of the Slider, so that means their is no way in H3ll BlackBerry will make one.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 08:42 AM
    I have a Passport coming from a Z10. I want an all touch Passport. BlackBerry VKB is not beatable. When your thumbs get old like mine, the keyboard is too stiff. At least there needs to be softer touch.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-09-15 09:24 AM
    Lol... every comment in this post 'I've never used the passport, but it would be so much better if it didn't have a keyboard'

Search around the forums. Most passport users were coming from a z30.
    The passport is phenomenal, and an 'all touch' version would be stupid. As someone else mentioned, the beauty is the fact that there is just the right amount of screen real estate in this form factor.

If you've never used one, or only ever tried it for 10 minutes in store, you have no idea. All the passport users here can't be wrong, ask anyone of us. This is the best phone on the market.
    I used PKB devices for over 10 years. I know from my experience in going from BlackBerry PKB to BlackBerry VKB, than I don't want a PKB on a BlackBerry phone. BlackBerry has QC issues on their PKB, and I know I will never have a key stuttering issue with my VKB as long as the screen is working. PKB is no longer a feature that I want on a phone no matter how much BlackBerry revises and improves it.

Posted via Z30
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-09-15 09:49 AM
    I have a Passport coming from a Z10. I want an all touch Passport. BlackBerry VKB is not beatable. When your thumbs get old like mine, the keyboard is too stiff. At least there needs to be softer touch.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Passport coming from an S4. I'd be interested in an all-touch Passport, but my biggest concern is the absence of Swype (or something like it). I have old thumbs too, but I don't really enjoy thumb-typing on glass. I do like gesture typing on a VKB however, and the BB10 VKB already has the AI to support it--the same AI that lets you type without attention to accuracy but figures out what you're trying to write.

Put a VKB with gesture typing on a Passport body and that's my ideal device.
    08-09-15 11:40 AM
    ...If you've never used one, or only ever tried it for 10 minutes in store, you have no idea. All the passport users here can't be wrong, ask anyone of us. This is the best phone on the market.
    I don't know who has the majority, but there are also many BB fans who never liked the Passport or sold it after some use (I am one of those). Not a bad device, but it certainly cannot be considered a dream device for every BB fan!
    08-09-15 12:28 PM
    Cool idea. That's the outside of the box thinking that will make things happen

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:11 PM
    If BlackBerry makes an all touch Passport SE, I'll be all over it. I came from Android to a Z10 and upgraded to the Z30 beginning of this year and looking forward to my next upgrade in December 2015 if an all touch BlackBerry comes out. I'm hoping it will be an all touch PPSE, if not the Venice if it I running BB10 OS.

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!
    08-28-15 09:55 AM
    It'd be a micro-tablet. I'd be interested.
    Same for me! In fact I tried Passport twice but I missed the landscape view...

I'd like it with BlackBerry 10, tho...

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    08-29-15 04:01 AM
    I thought the same thing having a Z10 for 2 years then going to a Z30, but as soon as the Passport was available in stores I went in to see and feel one. Seeing the screen and actually holding and feeling the device for the first time blew me away, so while I waited a few months for my upgrade to come around the more I realized how beneficial and efficient the pkb's were so I decided I would go ahead with a Passport when my upgrade came along. I've now had my Passport for about a month and I'm glad I did it. I've also been reminded how much I miss and love that "click". Don't forget that the keyboard is also touch sensitive as well, so we are definitely not talking about just an ordinary pkb.

Posted via CB10
    Great Point, but the majority won't take that leap of faith, despite the Passport keyboard being the best in the industry. Though a full touch would be better.
    09-01-15 08:58 PM
32 12