Actually, it seems that BlackBerry has escaped from China without even hearing a peep.
    Completely vanished from our sight ! It is greatly well known that loosing Chinese market means loosing half of the market share.

We don't have any customer support or retail shops available in China now. It is really horrible that compared with 2011 we indeed used to have "shops" and BlackBerry office in China, RIM just settle his first company in China at that time, but now we lost everything.

What the hell are they thinking about right now?

The new CEO seems to be an ethnic Chinese, so can anyone tell me does he have a plan to pull RIM back to China again?

It is stipulated that ChinaUnicom will launch its first BB10 device on Q2, but after RIM withdraw from mainland to Hongkong, everything became unpredictable, no customer services, no retail shops, even no office building

As I know, they will pull back their data service centre either, that is really a creepy moment for us

Can anyone help sending just a message that we need blackberry in China no matter how harsh the condition is, we just like it, we can't loose it.
    Last edited by Blackberrychen; 11-12-13 at 02:11 AM.
    milo53 likes this.
    11-11-13 09:56 PM
    Actually, it seems that BlackBerry has escaped from China without even hearing a peep.
    Completely vanished from our sight ! It is greatly well known that loosing Chinese market means loosing half of the market share.

We don't have any customer support or retail shops available in China now. It is really horrible that compared with 2011 we indeed used to have "shops" and BlackBerry office in China, RIM just settle his first company in China at that time, but now we lost everything.

What the hell are they thinking about right now?

But the new CEO seems to be an ethnic Chinese, so can anyone tell me does he have a plan to pull RIM back to China again?
    I think right now, BB is in survival mode. Q2 was soooo bad, 40-60% erosion in every market. BB10 is a total dud. I think behind the scenes, opening the China market is the last item on a loong list. Although, I agree with you 100%.
    11-11-13 10:18 PM
    I agree and I think we'll see how that goes once the new gen of smartphones come out. Now that BlackBerry will be moving forward, I fully expect a lower end device to be released for markets like china since the z10 had set the minimum specs barrier for bb10 and anything lower would not be possible. Q5 was probably the lowest they could go since the specs were pretty much the same as the q10.

From there we may expect an increase presence and if it continues to present opportunities I could see BlackBerry adding store presence like they have done in Indonesia.

I wonder how BBM is going in china.

Would be good to see them hook up with sina weibo or what wechat is doing to increase their standing in Asian countries.
    11-12-13 12:20 AM
    BBM goes very well in China right now, the only problem is no official support.

It is stipulated that ChinaUnicom will launch its first BB10 device on Q2, but after RIM escaped from Chinese mainland market(withdraw to Hongkong), everything became unpredictable, no customer services, no retail shops, even no office building

as I know, they will pull back their data service centre either, that is really a creepy moment for us

Can anyone help sending just a message that we need blackberry in China no matter how harsh the condition is, we just like it, we can't loose it.
    11-12-13 02:05 AM
    It is highly unlikely that BlackBerry can compete in China at this moment. It cannot compete on price, it cannot compete as a status symbol and it cannot use its only strenght - security - because Chinese government would not allow it.

So, in my opinion, the answer to your question is definitely "No!"

--------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    cgk likes this.
    11-12-13 02:14 AM
    It is highly unlikely that BlackBerry can compete in China at this moment. It cannot compete on price, it cannot compete as a status symbol and it cannot use its only strenght - security - because Chinese government would not allow it.

So, in my opinion, the answer to your question is definitely "No!"

--------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    Actually, in East Asia BlackBerry still retains an aura of the professional and we'll to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 11:52 AM
    can someone help to convey this message to Armchair CEO?
    11-15-13 08:28 AM