Ah. So "proud Americans" should of course abandon BB products in favor of iOS and Windows Phones, because that's the way to be proud. Got it.

Also, I love how you just randomly mentioned Toyota for reasons unknown. Certainly it's fair to compare a phone outage with car accidents because, you know, they're basically the same.
    Touch�
    09-05-13 03:10 PM
    As I do not agree with everything there are ideas that I take out of the OP post that I can follow and agree with.

Things such as trying Canadians should only use BlackBerry devices, I do not agree with...you need competition in the market in order to innovate and advance your product, otherwise you stand still.

What I do believe is that we as Canadian's should be more proud and more supportive of this company. Americans are VERY very good at supporting their own...no matter what product or industry it is...they are amazing at supporting and assisting their own people. Canadians do not have that same level of pride. We support our own athletes and musicians, etc. but when it comes to purchasing items we like to follow America. Same is happening with the mobile industry...we are buying iPhones and Android devices (android has many manufacturers, but it is Google, and thats American). --- On a side note...a company such as HBC (Hudson's Bay Company) was Canada's OLDEST company! and they sold to an American company...HBC is the oldest commercial corporation in North America. It was founded in 1670...and we sold it to an American company...we as a country need to support and help keep this heritage...and BlackBerry is strongly apart of this heritage now as they were the leaders and pioneers in Smartphones!

It would be nice to see the Canadian Government assist BlackBerry so that they can spend more on advertising to compete against Apple and Google in this category. BB10 is powerful and a great OS and keeps rapidly getting better with every update/leak. Imagine after a year how many amazing new features and updates BB10 could get if they didn't have to worry about their future a year down the road. If the Government helps BlackBerry in this aspect, the company can focus on making a great advertising campaign and not worry about staying within a particular limit of money...

I am rambling on...but I really do believe BB10 is the most powerful OS on the market and of course needs time to mature, and the Government and Canadian people can help the company get through the next year so that the OS can mature and become the leading edge and cutting-edge technology we all on CrackBerry know it can be. Hopefully thats the outcome of these Strategic Alternatives they are looking into, as it would be the greatest for the company if the Canadian Government supported them. Keep the company intact, and keep them Canadian...Canadian and Proud!
    09-05-13 03:11 PM
    Well, as an American using a Canadian-designed product, I'd hate to be forced to drop my BlackBerry in favor of an iPhone simply because Apple is an American company. I'm sure our brothers to the north feel the same way.
    Sexy Sadie, xBURK and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-05-13 03:21 PM
    Nah Nickelback's an option too...
    Said by nobody, ever.. anywhwere.
    ;P How is it we can offload Justin Bieber on the Americans but they won't take Chad et al..?
    09-05-13 03:30 PM
    ;P How is it we can offload Justin Bieber on the Americans but they won't take Chad et al..?
    I say we shoot them into space.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5
    09-05-13 06:55 PM
    Oh yeah, can you take him back?

Posted via CB10
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    09-05-13 07:21 PM
    Blackberry is the pride of Canada, so canadians should use its phones, but to shame them into it, is not a good solution.
    09-05-13 07:27 PM
    ah no, Blackberry failed the consumer not the other way around. Support is earned, blind faith is stupid. Fact is RIM messed up big time, Heins came in and made it worse, MUCH worse and he'll walk with 55 million, it's fricken fraud, that 55 million should be divided among employees who worked hard for a company that had poor leadership ... want to blame soomeone start with the CEO's and the BOD and work you way down, leave the consumer out of it. Blackberry is getting what they deserve based on pathetic leadership - period. It's such a shame, didn't need to be this way. Real problem is they needed Designers and Innovators leading the company, not pompous, arrogant exec's and Engineers AND the board of directors all of which have no tech or marketing sense or proven track records. They BLEW it, let down their staff, employee's and the community of Waterloo and all areas they take up business.

SUCH A SHAME.
    Bsbudd, xBURK and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-05-13 07:48 PM
    The argument from my iphone friends is that its just sooooo simple, and they acknowledge they are stupid/slow/technologically-challenged and just want easy. I usually only try and convince android people now. Or if I think they are chatters/talkers that would benefit from keyboard.
    09-05-13 07:58 PM
    I can see where the OP is coming from. There are too many variables with this situation to agree either way though. I love BlackBerry first and foremost because I find it's the best offering for my needs. On the other hand, deep down, it's also a Canadian thing for me.
    I would never expect a Canadian to buy a BlackBerry just because of national pride though. We are no different than other countries. GM would have never needed a helping hand in the States if that were the case with our friends to the south.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-05-13 at 10:43 PM.
    09-05-13 08:35 PM
    Americans are VERY very good at supporting their own...no matter what product or industry it is...they are amazing at supporting and assisting their own people.
    That's the reason the Toyota Camry is the best selling car in the US, and when US car companies needed help, they started buying Priuses instead of more SUVs and Hummers.

EDIT: BTW, the Finns have nothing on South Korea..... Samsung owns 70% of that market. Add LG and it might approach 80%.
    09-05-13 08:43 PM
    This is mostly for the Canadian contingency here, but for the proud BlackBerry lovers and supporters who are as pissed off and sad to see the company where it is now please do me a favour... Next time you see someone who claims to be a Proud and Loyal Canadian on an iPhone or Android device, ask them why? How superior is their current device to the awesome Z10 they couldn't give the company a chance and decided to support California based and Chinese made phones?

Canadians GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to support fellow Canadians and local companies, yet BlackBerry has not gotten the benefit of the doubt they are making great phones again. The outage that "crippled" the company is nothing in comparison to f-ups Toyota caused, and they're problems resulted in actual deaths, I highly doubt anyone was killed from their BlackBerry not receiving emails for two weeks... Microsoft just had an outage to Outlook and was swept under the rug like nothing happened.

The big three wireless companies had a panic attack over Verizon possibly entering the Canadian market and launched a joint advertising campaign to squash it, yet nothing is done about keeping BlackBerry alive, the jobs in Windsor, and the local economy stronger. Nokia, the Finland company just sold to Microsoft posted a 36% percent market share in their homeland, the highest in the area, where as BlackBerry can only claim a 20% share in the market as of a few months ago, and has already probably dropped.
    What car do you drive?
    What is the brand of your TV, fridge, microwave, etc?
    What clothes are you wearing?
    What food do you eat?

Unless everything you buy is Canadian, I call your argument moot.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    09-05-13 09:39 PM
    Hi OP. Where are your clothes made? Where is your car made? Where is the media you consume made? Where is the food you eat grown? Do I need to call you out on all of these things? I'm not "proud" to be Canadian. I am "fortunate" to be Canadian.
    Lol, I posted before reading your comment.
    09-05-13 09:42 PM
    playbook was one of the worst devices I've ever used, not going to support them because their canadian. It's like so many people supporting tragically hip because they are canadian, even though their music is complete ****.
    09-05-13 09:52 PM
    I say we shoot them into space.
    Canada and space are words that really don't belong together......
    09-06-13 01:39 AM
    Canada and space are words that really don't belong together......
    Pure ignorance... Sad.

Call Out &quot;Proud&quot; Canadians on iPhones and Android-canada-arm.jpg

That's the CanadaArm working on the space shuttle for 90 missions....

More information, just so you can educate yourself for next time. Canadarm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    09-06-13 07:28 AM
    Pure ignorance... Sad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CANADA-ARM.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	198952

That's the CanadaArm working on the space shuttle for 90 missions....

More information, just so you can educate yourself for next time. Canadarm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not to mention Commander Hadfield, Roberta Bondar, Marc Garneau, Julie Payette...

I forgot only the US ever accomplished anything in space. Mind you, without the CanadaArm it would have been a tad harder for the shuttle...

[i]BB8130
    xBURK likes this.
    09-06-13 09:11 AM
    Not to mention Commander Hadfield, Roberta Bondar, Marc Garneau, Julie Payette...

I forgot only the US ever accomplished anything in space. Mind you, without the CanadaArm it would have been a tad harder for the shuttle...

[i]BB8130
    I bet it's not actually Canadian (tongue in cheek) as I've read countless times that we hate Canadian companies and their products. I bet Canada paid to have that put there.

Now how silly does that sound?
    reeneebob and Tre Lawrence like this.
    09-06-13 09:40 AM
    K.D. Lang? Celine Dion?
    Drake

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-06-13 09:49 AM
    Oh yeah, can you take him back?

Posted via CB10
    nope.. He's all yours. You can take Aubrey (pardon me.. Drake..) too while you're at it
    09-06-13 01:44 PM
    nope.. He's all yours. You can take Aubrey (pardon me.. Drake..) too while you're at it
    Well take drake, you guys can keep degrassi

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-06-13 02:32 PM
    leaving aside discussions of whether or not consumerism is a good thing, buying a product blindly on its country of origin rather than its individual merits is not the behaviour of a sensible person surely? Slight off topic example - let me put it like this, I'm from England. During the 70's if people had expected me to buy a British Leyland car based on the fact that it was made in England I would have rather have bought a horse or walked, as they were truly horrific pieces of engineering for the most part. It's not fair to say Canadians shouldn't buy whatever phone they want really is it? A blackberry is a device that meets the needs of some people, but certainly not all.
    09-06-13 03:14 PM
    OP, I'm Canadian. Sorry you got flamed on your 2nd post, but. You really did lead with your chin on this one.
    09-06-13 03:37 PM
    The good new is that if Microsoft or Apple buys BlackBerry then we Americans will have one more option. #Winning
    09-06-13 03:42 PM
63 123