This is mostly for the Canadian contingency here, but for the proud BlackBerry lovers and supporters who are as pissed off and sad to see the company where it is now please do me a favour... Next time you see someone who claims to be a Proud and Loyal Canadian on an iPhone or Android device, ask them why? How superior is their current device to the awesome Z10 they couldn't give the company a chance and decided to support California based and Chinese made phones?

Canadians GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to support fellow Canadians and local companies, yet BlackBerry has not gotten the benefit of the doubt they are making great phones again. The outage that "crippled" the company is nothing in comparison to f-ups Toyota caused, and they're problems resulted in actual deaths, I highly doubt anyone was killed from their BlackBerry not receiving emails for two weeks... Microsoft just had an outage to Outlook and was swept under the rug like nothing happened.

The big three wireless companies had a panic attack over Verizon possibly entering the Canadian market and launched a joint advertising campaign to squash it, yet nothing is done about keeping BlackBerry alive, the jobs in Windsor, and the local economy stronger. Nokia, the Finland company just sold to Microsoft posted a 36% percent market share in their homeland, the highest in the area, where as BlackBerry can only claim a 20% share in the market as of a few months ago, and has already probably dropped.
    09-05-13 10:36 AM
    People are going to use what device fits them best. Calling someone out on what phone they use is not only ridiculous but also a waste of time.
    09-05-13 10:44 AM
    This is mostly for the Canadian contingency here, but for the proud BlackBerry lovers and supporters who are as pissed off and sad to see the company where it is now please do me a favour... Next time you see someone who claims to be a Proud and Loyal Canadian on an iPhone or Android device, ask them why? How superior is their current device to the awesome Z10 they couldn't give the company a chance and decided to support California based and Chinese made phones?

Canadians GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to support fellow Canadians and local companies, yet BlackBerry has not gotten the benefit of the doubt they are making great phones again. The outage that "crippled" the company is nothing in comparison to f-ups Toyota caused, and they're problems resulted in actual deaths, I highly doubt anyone was killed from their BlackBerry not receiving emails for two weeks... Microsoft just had an outage to Outlook and was swept under the rug like nothing happened.

The big three wireless companies had a panic attack over Verizon possibly entering the Canadian market and launched a joint advertising campaign to squash it, yet nothing is done about keeping BlackBerry alive, the jobs in Windsor, and the local economy stronger. Nokia, the Finland company just sold to Microsoft posted a 36% percent market share in their homeland, the highest in the area, where as BlackBerry can only claim a 20% share in the market as of a few months ago, and has already probably dropped.

Welcome to Crackberry!!!

I am not Canadian - I am a mutt of a different set of countries. But my comment to your suggestion is that if someone came at me questioning my reason for buying a product, any product, I would simply say that it works for me. I would imagine that there are large numbers of people who would respond to that challenge with a bit less equanimity than I have just shown.
    09-05-13 10:44 AM
    Ah. So "proud Americans" should of course abandon BB products in favor of iOS and Windows Phones, because that's the way to be proud. Got it.

Also, I love how you just randomly mentioned Toyota for reasons unknown. Certainly it's fair to compare a phone outage with car accidents because, you know, they're basically the same.
    09-05-13 10:45 AM
    The deathnell of any company is when it plays the national flag.

"buy me.... I may be **** but I'm Canadian"

We had a load of buy British crap 20 years ago, product usefulness and quality first, second and third....

I buy local food but cars and tech are always on the quality never the origin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    MERCDROID, JeepBB and bekkay like this.
    09-05-13 10:47 AM
    I AM Canadian, and you know what I'm proud of? The right to make whatever choice I want for whatever product I want. This proud to be Canadian is horse ****. Imagine if I only could choose to listen to Rush or Alanis Morissette, eat Smarties, watch "Corner Gas" on CBC and carry a BlackBerry on a Nortel network. No ******* thanks.

We have the right to choice. I choose what my needs dictate.

(That BlackBerry you so proudly carry, is made/assembled in Mexico, Japan, or Indonesia, NOT in Canada...)
    09-05-13 10:52 AM
    so we should stop shopping at Dollarama because everything is from China in there???
    09-05-13 11:00 AM
    i am not canadian but i live in canada and i love blackberry.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-05-13 11:08 AM
    Better yet, make it national policy. Have armed posses check people randomly for any non-Canadian merchandise. I do warn you, it may have bad effects on tourism, as some people may balk at the underwear checks.

Awkward.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-13 11:17 AM
    Where is CB headquartered again?
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-05-13 11:17 AM
    thanks for the welcome messages, it seems the theme for users here is "I read what I want, then flame original poster for that."

all I said was ask them why they use that phone? I mean **** that's really all I did.

start a conversation, ask a question as to why they chose that over a local company. I try to spark a meaningful conversation with someone about why they chose that phone over another. is it weird to ask people questions? talk to other people face to face? not just sit a chat room flaming people who might do something you don't agree with?...

the forum seems full of Blackberry users that are sad to see the company go but does anyone actually do anything?

sure people will and can buy what the want or what they think they want. I used to work in an electronic store and people would come in all the time asking for products they didn't even know existed, but a friend or child of theirs told them they needed it. not EVERYONE needs an iPhone but its the way they go.

I pointed out in a positive manner that Finland supported Nokia with a nearly 40% percent market share. not 100%, 40%. that's all i'm looking for here. I never said Canadians have to stripped searched and only support local Canadian companies. why is it ok to support to local farmer but not the local phone company? are they not employing local people?

I don't think anyone is saying, "Buy a z10, its **** but its Canadian."

theres quite a few sad soap box comedians here.
    xBURK likes this.
    09-05-13 12:23 PM
    thanks for the welcome messages, it seems the theme for users here is "I read what I want, then flame original poster for that."

all I said was ask them why they use that phone? I mean **** that's really all I did.

start a conversation, ask a question as to why they chose that over a local company. I try to spark a meaningful conversation with someone about why they chose that phone over another. is it weird to ask people questions? talk to other people face to face? not just sit a chat room flaming people who might do something you don't agree with?...

the forum seems full of Blackberry users that are sad to see the company go but does anyone actually do anything?

sure people will and can buy what the want or what they think they want. I used to work in an electronic store and people would come in all the time asking for products they didn't even know existed, but a friend or child of theirs told them they needed it. not EVERYONE needs an iPhone but its the way they go.

I pointed out in a positive manner that Finland supported Nokia with a nearly 40% percent market share. not 100%, 40%. that's all i'm looking for here. I never said Canadians have to stripped searched and only support local Canadian companies. why is it ok to support to local farmer but not the local phone company? are they not employing local people?

Your title may be the cause of this reaction. You specifically say to call them out, which has a negative connotation. Perhaps if you were not so 'aggressive' in the title, people would react differently. If you wish me to update it, I can, just let me know what you would like to change.
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-05-13 12:27 PM
    You're welcome.

Report: It's Not Okay To Just Start Talking To People You Don't Know

I pointed out in a positive manner that Finland supported Nokia with a nearly 40% percent market share. not 100%, 40%. that's all i'm looking for here.
    Good point. Hey whatever happened to Nokia? Oh, wait.

All jokes aside, that would be one awesome slogan.

I think you're mixing your metaphors.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-05-13 01:12 PM
    Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-05-13 01:18 PM
    Let's all only buy things in made in the country we live in. Deal?
    09-05-13 01:29 PM
    OP, since you asked why... being Canadian I'll answer.

Because other products are better. I don't just blindly buy Canadian stuff because it's Canadian - well, sometimes I do, but only if it's competitive. I'm not going to use something that doesn't fit my needs just because it's Canadian. And the fact is, right now, BBs aren't as good as other phones. Plain and simple. I'll buy stuff that works for me.

I'll leave you with this, from a fellow Canadian.

Call Out "Proud" Canadians on iPhones and Android-enhanced-buzz-19306-1368195897-16.jpg
    09-05-13 01:32 PM
    oh my god here we go again
    09-05-13 01:40 PM
    BB is not loved because it is Canadian device,it is loved because of its quality and multitasking and great devices they make.
    Secondly BB will not be able to survive only on the basis of Canadian pride,it should be indeed a blackberry users pride
    09-05-13 01:45 PM
    Listen only to Canadian music. JUSTIN!
    bekkay likes this.
    09-05-13 01:46 PM
    I can't buy only stuff that comes from the country where I live. That would have me drinking only Bud Light.

Me wants Guinness!!!!!
    09-05-13 01:56 PM
    Between this thread and the thread with people saying they'd throw their BB out a window if Apple bought the company or because they'd (Apple) just make BB 'pretty colours' (ignoring the purple, pink, white, red, and blue curves, pearls, Q5s and Z10s of the past like they never happened), I'm just shaking my head.

I'm a proud Canadian who's bought a LOT of BBs over the years. But in the end, I need a phone that's reliable and BB quality control has let me down more than once. It's not like I haven't given them plenty of opportunities and it doesn't make me less of a Canadian because I carry a non BB at the moment. That's ridiculous.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5
    Bsbudd and Moonbase0ne like this.
    09-05-13 01:58 PM
    Hi OP. Where are your clothes made? Where is your car made? Where is the media you consume made? Where is the food you eat grown? Do I need to call you out on all of these things? I'm not "proud" to be Canadian. I am "fortunate" to be Canadian.
    Bsbudd, reeneebob, xBURK and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 02:00 PM
    Listen only to Canadian music. JUSTIN!
    Nah Nickelback's an option too...
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-05-13 02:11 PM
    Nah Nickelback's an option too...
    K.D. Lang? Celine Dion?
    09-05-13 02:49 PM
    K.D. Lang? Celine Dion?
    Hey, Why not Gordon Lightfoot? I'm sure BBRY could do up an ad around The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (aka as the greatest party ending song EVER! )
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-05-13 03:07 PM
63 123