If anyone thinks perceptions do not matter, they are living in a perfect, but hypothetical world. Perception becomes the truth.... sadly.

Blackberry has been so maligned by the media and bashers. Yes, Blackberry (and RIM) made major mistakes, huge mistakes but the criticism has been way overblown.
    All major, popular operating systems are from US companies:
    Windows-Microsoft
    iOS-Apple
    Android-Google

No one wants a non-US company to have a dominant operating system, not for the public at least. So as this company made mistakes, they jumped on it and started dancing on its sick body as if it were dead.

There are people who blog, post constantly, 24/7 that spread misinformation and disinformation, and the perception do matter.

I am asking all you Blackberry fans, since the company wont and cant do it, to create as many aliases as possible, different IDs, accounts if possible and flood the blogs, media, massage board, websites with good reviews about blackberry's products and services and then also please attack the messages and the messengers of these bashers who are disgruntled ex-employees, paid minions of short sellers and competitors and spreading negative propaganda.

Write positive things about product, services and how strong the company and the management is
    Attack the negative message
    Attack the negative messenger

Go all over the web... Bloomberg, Globe and Mail, Financial Times, Wall street Journal,Stock message boards like Seeking Alpha, Yahoo, You tube, so many financial websites...

Write one liner, or longer posts.

Each of write 500 posts every day.. maybe take an hour (just a few seconds per post... Q10 is great, Passport will rock, Blackberry is strong, Blackberry has loads of cash, Chen is awesome leader.. and also attack the bashers who use terms like rimbecile, rimtard, bagholder, bankruptcy, flop...things like that...) .. take a few minutes now and then.

This will flood the internet with millions of positive messages... even if it changes the perception by a tiny fraction, it helps our company.

So let's get moving, let's do it. Negative propaganda by short sellers and competitors will not work. They have paid the media people so let's fight back.

Are you in? Will you fight back the injustice?
    08-07-14 10:21 AM
    The vast majority of Americans have no idea that BB is Canadian, and I'd bet most assume it is American. That has nothing to do with why BB isn't popular anymore, just as it had nothing to do with why BB was so popular in the mid-2000s. Americans buy products from all over the world, and while some go out of their way to buy American cars, that's really the only thing that anyone bothers to care about as far as "where did it come from?", and if you look at US roads, you'll see that 3/5 of the cars are foreign, so even that tells you how much people care.

Further, BB's problems are the same in every mature market, not just the US.

That facts are that BB's problems are almost all self-inflicted, and though it's true some small percentage of the "media" (mostly bloggers) are reveling in BB's problems, most of them give BB a pretty fair shake and give relatively unbiased views, even if you happen to disagree with their (and mainstream) viewpoints.

If you are looking to assign blame, look to BB's previous 3 CEOs, because that's who is responsible for the vast majority of BB's problems (and Mike owns the majority of that).
    08-07-14 10:35 AM
    Tinfoil is better used for other things than hats.

Recommending astroturfing a la Samsung is really not cool. in the long run BBRY has to live and die by its own merits, like all the other companies do.

ETA: It also tends to backfire and bring negative publicity on the company.
    08-07-14 10:46 AM
    I agree, Mike and Jim created and then destroyed Blackberry and Heins was a tool, a complete stupid, greedy,cluesless and criminally negligent CEO aided by a greedy and corrupt board example: Roger Martin and many others.

But Blackberry technology is still the best in mobile and security.

Average consumers don't know but those in power, who have the levers of control don't want a non-US company to capture an operating system advantage. The media has not been fair at all. Do you know how many people have told me that they think Blackberry is bankrupt?

You don't give a death sentence for a house burglary...
    08-07-14 12:34 PM
    That is the exact attitude that is killing blackberry... who cares if you have the bets products, if people think otherwise. Perception is the TRUTH. Truth does not matter. That is very sad but true.
    08-07-14 12:36 PM
    Those who disagree with me... let me ask you this:
    There are bloggers and posters who post really at all times of day and night, 7 days a week... all trashing Blackberry. What is their motivation? Who is paying them?
    08-07-14 12:37 PM
    Here is the deal:
    You take a gun to a knife fight
    You take a tank to a gun fight
    You nuke in a tank fight.

But Blackberry throws a wine and cheese parties no matter what the fight is. Bunch of wimps but very smart ones at Blackberry. And then those who are smart are only looking out for themselves, I wont name names.
    08-07-14 12:39 PM
    Let's just see what CEO John Chen does. He's different than all those other former CEOs.
    08-07-14 03:13 PM
    No.

And in before this thread is locked, as it should be.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 03:14 PM
    Each of write 500 posts every day.. maybe take an hour (just a few seconds per post... Q10 is great, Passport will rock, Blackberry is strong, Blackberry has loads of cash, Chen is awesome leader.. and also attack the bashers who use terms like rimbecile, rimtard, bagholder, bankruptcy, flop...things like that...) .. take a few minutes now and then.
    That sounds like a lot of work. How much does this job pay exactly?
    lnichols, TGR1 and pystha like this.
    08-07-14 03:20 PM
    Isn't that what #BBFactCheck Is for?

Check Out TechCraze
    08-08-14 04:04 AM
    I wouldn't say that the method OP is recommending would be the right path, but perceptions definitely do matter. Everybody I've spoken to would not consider a BB even though they openly admit they've never even bothered to try one. So how can features, or lack of features, matter if they don't even know what it has or doesn't?

And I believe I have the perfect example to PROVE what a big impact perception has, but need to do some research to make a complete post, but have been busy lately. So, soon...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-08-14 09:53 AM
    I agree, Mike and Jim created and then destroyed Blackberry and Heins was a tool, a complete stupid, greedy,cluesless and criminally negligent CEO aided by a greedy and corrupt board example: Roger Martin and many others.

But Blackberry technology is still the best in mobile and security.

Average consumers don't know but those in power, who have the levers of control don't want a non-US company to capture an operating system advantage. The media has not been fair at all. Do you know how many people have told me that they think Blackberry is bankrupt?

You don't give a death sentence for a house burglary...
    I agree with the fact that the so called Co-CEOs through their stupidity nearly destroyed BB but lumping in Heins with them is wrong. He did what he was paid to do and that was to launch BB10 not to mention it was under his watch that the deal with Foxconn was penned as well as the ability to directly download Android apps that has lead to the deal with Amazon.

Z30 and loving it!
    08-08-14 10:04 AM
    Savingblackberry, I am thinking off my positive write up for BlackBerry products. Hmmmm! Let me start with the PlayBook that they knew would not run BB10, but they led us all along to believe that it would.

Then I could move to my Q10, that has serious double typing issues as I type. Personally, I love the brand, but to expect people to go on the tirade you described, you must be nuts!!

Blackberry always.....
    08-10-14 01:33 AM
    How about BlackBerry designs a phone with features and hardware that people actually want to buy.

I buy what I like. I've owned devices from various manufacturers, with various OSs.

It's the height of arrogance to blame anyone but BlackBerry for their failure.

I remember when the z10 was launched. I went to bestbuy to check it out. It was front and center in the store. What I saw was a brick with huge bezels and a tiny sub par screen. I played with it a little. I was not impressed. Apparently most were not impressed.

Stop blaming everyone else. BlackBerry phones lack in many areas that consumers care about, and offer nothing to add value when compared to other platforms.

Don't make excuses, Do better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-10-14 05:38 AM
    How about BlackBerry designs a phone with features and hardware that people actually want to buy.

I buy what I like. I've owned devices from various manufacturers, with various OSs.

I remember when the z10 was launched. I went to bestbuy to check it out. It was front and center in the store. What I saw was a brick with huge bezels and a tiny sub par screen. I played with it a little. I was not impressed. Apparently most were not impressed.

Stop blaming everyone else. BlackBerry phones lack in many areas that consumers care about, and offer nothing to add value when compared to other platforms.

So I guess the Z10's screen is smaller than the iPhone's?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-10-14 11:55 AM

Blackberrys problem is not hardware or features its the lack of top tier apps that is hindering it plain and simple.
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    08-10-14 07:34 PM
    Blackberrys problem is not hardware or features its the lack of top tier apps that is hindering it plain and simple.
    So who's stopping these apps from coming to BB, if not commercial and financial interests... ?

Too small a user base
    Can't be bothered
    Waste of time and money...
    and all these other arguments...

Shame on them if even one-man dev "teams" can make great BB10 native app replacements if the APIs are publicly available....

:-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    08-12-14 08:00 PM
    I've become quite the fan of BlackBerry since I got my Z10. But these ideas offered up by the OP are just a turn off. BlackBerry still has a lot to learn from the mistakes it's made to put them in the position their currently in. So sorry OP I'm not down. Unless you're willing to pay me for my time.
    08-12-14 08:06 PM
    It is a vicious cycle:.. BBRY needs to partner and come out of it.

So who's stopping these apps from coming to BB, if not commercial and financial interests... ?

Too small a user base
    Can't be bothered
    Waste of time and money...
    and all these other arguments...

Shame on them if even one-man dev "teams" can make great BB10 native app replacements if the APIs are publicly available....

:-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-13-14 02:56 PM
    Last warning about the personal shots.

Infractions be coming.
    08-13-14 08:11 PM