The only brick that should be broken is over the head of who ever green-lit Brick Breaker for BB10.

I hate to break it to you BBRY, but you are in no position to be wasting one second or one ounce on something like Brick Breaker. To be completely honest, I love the idea of bringing the game to BB10, but only if the stock were up above $100, PB owners weren’t be left out in the cold (yeah I’m one of the foolish who early adopted then bought a second one when BB10 was supposed to be coming to the device), and we had all of the legacy features that we loved.

Speaking of which, where’s speed dial on my Q10? Why is my texting so laggy? On that note, kind of convenient that texting lag became much worse just before BBM went cross-platform. Why can’t I long-press a contact’s email address or phone number from within the Contacts app and be shown an option to copy it? Where is the ability to customize sound profiles? Why do I get a "spark" on BB Travel every time I restart the device? Why can't I hide icons anymore? And how much time has been spent on Brick Breaker? Is this a tool or a toy? If it’s a toy, let me tell you a little poorly-kept secret: there are better out there. If you don’t believe me, take a look at the market-share. If it’s a tool, it’s pretty dull. Again, reference market-share.

Time to sharpen up. If you want to spend time creating apps, I suggest you approach Vine or Instagram. Make an app for them. I don’t care about either app (tool not toy, remember?) but they would at least be a selling point to potential buyers. You know, to go along with that sales pitch you had about how good BB10 is with social media and how connected it is, etc.? Maybe a native Skype app rather than a laggy-beta-Android-port? I only mention Skype because last time I checked; cross-platform BBM didn’t have voice or video. Maybe more effort could be spent on that? This is supposed to be a device all about communication and “getting things done” right? Why do the messages I send to Android users on BBM take hours to receive the delivered status?

As a user, it makes me upset that Brick Breaker for BB10 took precedence over some of the legacy features that I miss dearly. Those legacy features are the ones that kept me with you for the past 10 years. They are the features that kept me from moving to the iPhone or to an Android device. Guess who doesn’t have those features anymore? Yup you guessed it: BB10. As a shareholder, I’m down right fuming mad. I know that Mr. Chen is new and was not around when Brick Breaker was started but if he wants to boost the confidence of us loyal folks, especially the p**sed-off ones like me, enough that we weather this seemingly endless storm, I would love to see him fire whoever made the call to bring Brick Breaker to BB10... publicly. Let’s make this a social thing. May I suggest the hashtag: #BreakTimeIsOver. Oh, but don’t Vine it please. That app is not available for my Q10.
    Last edited by phylez; 12-12-13 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Missed a couple of words in a sentence.
    12-12-13 06:06 PM
    I enjoy Brick Breaker. They have one happy user here.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-12-13 06:08 PM
    so by reading OP's post, BBRY should just "make" an vine/instagram app, and just walk up to them and say here ya go....and in return, BBRY would get sued to the hills for violating Vines & Instagrams intellectual property. games have as much importance in the scheme of things as app do, and in some ways more.
    12-12-13 06:26 PM
    so by reading OP's post, BBRY should just "make" an vine/instagram app, and just walk up to them and say here ya go....and in return, BBRY would get sued to the hills for violating Vines & Instagrams intellectual property. games have as much importance in the scheme of things as app do, and in some ways more.
    That's not what I suggested at all. My suggestion was that if Vine is not willing to spend the thousand upon thousands to develop, test, and support an app for a device that holds 5% market share, then BBRY should step in and offer to take on that cost and make an app on their behalf. Come on, was it really hard to figure out what I was getting at?
    12-12-13 06:32 PM
    I got all those apps.

Brick Breaker is why BBRY is breaking.-img_00003887.png

Posted via CB10
    svelt likes this.
    12-12-13 06:58 PM
    I got all those apps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00003887.png 
Views:	2121 
Size:	535.8 KB 
ID:	229395

Posted via CB10
    Where? I see Android apps but I don't see BB10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    12-12-13 07:00 PM
    Lol so u think bbry has been doing what exactly? Spending all their time making a game? U think there's one team doing all development? ...

You have 10.2.1 being released in jan..or is it that you want it now? Do u know what's coming? How do I know that some features u miss aren't?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Superbuddy2007 likes this.
    12-12-13 07:11 PM
    This is probably some guys side project... and decided to release it under BlackBerry since he works for them. Calm down with your entitled attitude.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-12-13 07:20 PM
    Blaspheme, the only reason BB10 sales are low is because BlackBerry didn't launch with Brick Breaker.
    f1mx, SDTRMG, Umaima_B_Dia and 9 others like this.
    12-12-13 07:26 PM
    Lol so u think bbry has been doing what exactly? Spending all their time making a game? U think there's one team doing all development? ...

You have 10.2.1 being released in jan..or is it that you want it now? Do u know what's coming? How do I know that some features u miss aren't?

Legacy features should not be coming, maybe, in 10.2.1. They should have been there on release. I never once said that I knew whether or not legacy features would be in 10.2.1. But what's here today? Brick Breaker is here today and not 10.2.1. All you BBRY fan boys become so defensive without giving a second's thought to what I wrote. Of course I didn't think the entire team was working on this game. But there was at least one who was. And you would see my point, if you got off your BBRY high-horse for just a second, in that BBRY is in no position to be sparing even one person on anything other than making BB10 perform better.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:40 PM
    Legacy features should not be coming, maybe, in 10.2.1. They should have been there on release. I never once said that I knew whether or not legacy features would be in 10.2.1. But what's here today? Brick Breaker is here today and not 10.2.1. All you BBRY fan boys become so defensive without giving a second's thought to what I wrote. Of course I didn't think the entire team was working on this game. But there was at least one who was. And you would see my point, if you got off your BBRY high-horse for just a second, in that BBRY is in no position to be sparing even one person on anything other than making BB10 perform better.

Posted via CB10
    Everything you just said made no sense....im sorry but that's how I feel

stlabrat likes this.
    12-12-13 07:46 PM
    Sorry, I could care less about a vine/instagram app!
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-12-13 07:48 PM
    Who knew Brick Breaker would be the final straw for phylez? My friend go ahead an vent all you like. I got all kinds of apps. Yes they are Android apps but what do you expect? You said it yourself. A company with 5% market share is not going to get App developers to make the app for us. That's why it has been noted that BlackBerry actually did offer Instagram both money and to build it themselves. Exactly what you're asking them to do. Months ago. Instagram still said no. This is probably what is happening at other developers too. You clearly have no idea what BlackBerry is doing right now. Nobody really does. They made a new Brick Breaker. So what? It isn't that big of a waste of resources and it probably was built by one developer over the past couple of months. It's a cool little game. So enjoy your vent. It won't change anything.
    phylez likes this.
    12-12-13 08:00 PM
    Sorry, I could care less about a vine/instagram app!
    Great? Is this the "Spout off your random opinions" thread? I will try to extract something worthwhile from your meaningless post. Because you don't care about vine or instagram, does that mean that you care about Brick Breaker? And if so, can you please explain how spending the man hours on creating this app has brought value to the brand? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:01 PM
    Who knew Brick Breaker would be the final straw for phylez? My friend go ahead an vent all you like. I got all kinds of apps. Yes they are Android apps but what do you expect? You said it yourself. A company with 5% market share is not going to get App developers to make the app for us. That's why it has been noted that BlackBerry actually did offer Instagram both money and to build it themselves. Exactly what you're asking them to do. Months ago. Instagram still said no. This is probably what is happening at other developers too. You clearly have no idea what BlackBerry is doing right now. Nobody really does. They made a new Brick Breaker. So what? It isn't that big of a waste of resources and it probably was built by one developer over the past couple of months. It's a cool little game. So enjoy your vent. It won't change anything.
    I do know what BBRY is doing. It might not be the whole picture but there's enough paint on the canvass to see the jist of what's happening. Their stock is at a 10 year low and we get Brick Breaker. It's not the app it self that I'm complaining about and I'm surprised people can't figure it out. It's the whole mindset that it was something worth doing. Again, make 20 different Brick Breakers if the stock is at $123. Hell, throw a BB BBQ every month for all I care. The problem is that as a shareholder, I feel like an employer who is watching an under-performing employee take extra long lunch breaks. The point is that BBRY still doesn't get it. They mean well, but meaning well doesn't mean anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:34 PM
    The only brick that should be broken is over the head of who ever green-lit Brick Breaker for BB10.

I hate to break it to you BBRY, but you are in no position to be wasting one second or one ounce on something like Brick Breaker. To be completely honest, I love the idea of bringing the game to BB10, but only if the stock were up above $100, PB owners weren’t be left out in the cold (yeah I’m one of the foolish who early adopted then bought a second one when BB10 was supposed to be coming to the device), and we had all of the legacy features that we loved.

Speaking of which, where’s speed dial on my Q10? Why is my texting so laggy? On that note, kind of convenient that texting lag became much worse just before BBM went cross-platform. Why can’t I long-press a contact’s email address or phone number from within the Contacts app and be shown an option to copy it? Where is the ability to customize sound profiles? Why do I get a "spark" on BB Travel every time I restart the device? Why can't I hide icons anymore? And how much time has been spent on Brick Breaker? Is this a tool or a toy? If it’s a toy, let me tell you a little poorly-kept secret: there are better out there. If you don’t believe me, take a look at the market-share. If it’s a tool, it’s pretty dull. Again, reference market-share.

Time to sharpen up. If you want to spend time creating apps, I suggest you approach Vine or Instagram. Make an app for them. I don’t care about either app (tool not toy, remember?) but they would at least be a selling point to potential buyers. You know, to go along with that sales pitch you had about how good BB10 is with social media and how connected it is, etc.? Maybe a native Skype app rather than a laggy-beta-Android-port? I only mention Skype because last time I checked; cross-platform BBM didn’t have voice or video. Maybe more effort could be spent on that? This is supposed to be a device all about communication and “getting things done” right? Why do the messages I send to Android users on BBM take hours to receive the delivered status?

As a user, it makes me upset that Brick Breaker for BB10 took precedence over some of the legacy features that I miss dearly. Those legacy features are the ones that kept me with you for the past 10 years. They are the features that kept me from moving to the iPhone or to an Android device. Guess who doesn’t have those features anymore? Yup you guessed it: BB10. As a shareholder, I’m down right fuming mad. I know that Mr. Chen is new and was not around when Brick Breaker was started but if he wants to boost the confidence of us loyal folks, especially the p**sed-off ones like me, enough that we weather this seemingly endless storm, I would love to see him fire whoever made the call to bring Brick Breaker to BB10... publicly. Let’s make this a social thing. May I suggest the hashtag: #BreakTimeIsOver. Oh, but don’t Vine it please. That app is not available for my Q10.

I know how to make this pain go away.

The Brick Breaker app released today, is actually many many many many months old. In fact, it was one of the VERY FIRST sample apps for the BlackBerry 10 SDK.

Trust me, no time was spent on this lol. Unless you think a Co-Op student working with HTML5 should be running operations. - http://hosting.desire2learncapture.c.../watch/55.aspx // http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-alpha-749375/
    ital1, svelt, phylez and 3 others like this.
    12-12-13 08:56 PM

The Brick Breaker app released today, is actually many many many many months old. In fact, it was one of the VERY FIRST sample apps for the BlackBerry 10 SDK.

Trust me, no time was spent on this lol. Unless you think a Co-Op student working with HTML5 should be running operations. - http://hosting.desire2learncapture.c.../watch/55.aspx // http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-alpha-749375/
    I stand corrected!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:07 PM

And if OP played the game for just a few seconds, he'd realize how little time and effort was actually put into it..

In the end though, OP is right. BlackBerry has so much crap to deal with, it wasn't a good move to release brick breaker. Albeit this is just semantics, I would have released it alongside 10.2.1, as a little add flavour, instead.

Posted via CB10
    phylez likes this.
    12-12-13 09:08 PM
    And if OP played the game for just a few seconds, he'd realize how little time and effort was actually put into it..

In the end though, OP is right. BlackBerry has so much crap to deal with, it wasn't a good move to release brick breaker. Albeit this is just semantics, I would have released it alongside 10.2.1, as a little add flavour, instead.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I must admit that I had not seen or used Brick Breaker when I started the thread.

Thank you for seeing past the Vine and Instagram examples as it was not another "where is Vine?" thread. (As I mentioned, I don't care nor use either service.) Bad timing, yes, most definitely. I'm also not against having apps like this. In fact, I love the fosham (or whatever the location code was for the clock app) where it opened the back door and has a picture of the dev team and all that jazz. It's fun to see and reminded me of the flight simulator in Excel. But all that said, let's leave all the little time wasting things for when the company is happy and healthy... not for when the For Sale sign has just come off.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:19 PM
    This game was made by 1 or 2 BlackBerry employees tops. Lol. This thread is beyond ridiculous.

Sent from my Z30
    ital1 likes this.
    12-12-13 10:18 PM
    Blaspheme, the only reason BB10 sales are low is because BlackBerry didn't launch with Brick Breaker.
    Correct.

One does not simply possess a BlackBerry and not have the golden aura that is granted by the mere possession of the Brick Breaker.

The initials: BB

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    Searchy likes this.
    12-15-13 05:18 PM
    Correct.

One does not simply possess a BlackBerry and not have the golden aura that is granted by the mere possession of the Brick Breaker.

The initials: BB

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    This post is great! Liked.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-15-13 10:51 PM
    All this over a game?

Moving on....

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-17-13 07:14 AM
    Brick Breaker is why BBRY is breaking.-mockupbrick.png

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    phylez likes this.
    12-17-13 07:40 AM
    You make a great point! We are allowed to be disappointed in BlackBerry right now people. I loved my Bold 9930 and I really really like my Q10. Honestly hands down I miss the Bold but I'm trying to stay patient and keep positive but dayum.

Keep The Faith
    phylez likes this.
    12-18-13 12:29 AM
31 12