I think the silence by BB execs doesn't show "professionalism" absolutely... sometimes it shows a kind of dispassionate detachment that has its own negative impact on how BlackBerry is perceived. People love a fighter... if someone's being "bullied" and they stand up for themselves and punch the bully in the nose, that underdog gets a cheering section, despite whatever flaws the 'bully' was drawing attention to.

Imagine if execs who were really passionate about BlackBerry actually got angry and "accidentally" leaked absolutely vulgar and insulting comments about C|Net editors who continually make jokes at BlackBerry's expense: C|Net folks like Molly Wood are used to being the jokesters, not the **** of insults and jokes: I wonder how they'd react to a candid and accurate assessment of the value of their "infotainment" in the tech world: sure it can affect consumer opinion, but it's not much good for anything "real".

...with the exception of the audio / video consumer electronics team that do scientific assessments of video and sound quality that are really second to none. But for pretty much all other tech, their reviews / opinions are inconsistent and useless: I make buying decisions for TVs / home theatre equipment based on C|Net reviews but for just about anything else, noooope.

All you have to do is look at the debacle of CES last year where the parent company (CBS / Viacom) overrode their Best of Show award to tell you that C|Net's not firing on all cylinders any more. They're personalities whose tech chops are pretty weak, comparatively speaking.

If you ask a talking head from C|Net about BlackBerry 10 devices, they'd say "it's over" and casually dismiss it... if you ask them "why are there still 10s of millions of loyal customers for BlackBerry devices despite the availability and pervasiveness of Android and iOS" they haven't given it the kind of serious thought that a "legitimate" tech analyst would have done, and they of course won't have an answer at the tip of their tongue... but they'll have a joke ready and some way to dismiss the BlackBerry customer base and move on to the next 3 hour segment highlighting the incremental updates to the next version of iOS.

They're kind of pointless, largely.
    As much as I would like to see them get what they deserve, I think executives of BlackBerry "accidentally" leaking out something like that would not go over well. It would look unprofessional and in typical troll fashion (even see it on here) they would quickly become the poor victim who were just giving their opinion no matter how skewed misrepresented it is. They would run with it and play the "poor me" card. See it on CB everyday when someone who is being irrational and skewing facts gets called out.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:04 PM
    What about Engadget, Gizmodo and Tech crunch? They all equally as worse as CNET

Posted via CB10
    These sites better be careful, because people read there trash and take it as news. Bashing BlackBerry consistently every chance they get will only get them in litigation hot water.

In the end unsuspecting customers are the people that get mislead, ultimately affecting BB10 sales.
    I hope BlackBerry is building a case for possible CAL.
    01-05-14 10:43 PM
    I agree with you. But, being in marketing, I can see the situation a bit more clearly. Basically, it's all just sponsored articles - paid for. It's not just Apple but everyone does it. If you were in PR, you'd have a collection of writers at various outlets that you can pay off to write what you want and seem objective. They will even go so far as to have paid commenter's as well.

BUT... is what they're saying true?? I find that, they're not trashing BlackBerry without merit. BlackBerry deserves the negativity. I should know, I'm using the Q10 right now. From update to update, there are always problems that never get addressed and never get fixed.

The only way that BlackBerry can respond is by not giving CNET so much to trash in the first place. At some point, people have to start placing blame where it belongs. CNET can trash BlackBerry easily and often b/c BlackBerry isn't doing a lot of things right!

That's why they can't fight back. It will just expose their faults even more.

If Blackberry were functioning properly, then all the negative attention would be a godsend. A chance to prove the naysayers wrong!!! That would be a glorious opportunity. But, they CAN'T take advantage of it.

We may all love our BlackBerry devices but we can't continue to defend the indefensible. It's like when a guy is arrested for beating his wife. We find out he has a long list of crimes and lengthy violent criminal history. The mother comes out and says, he's always been a good boy. Thats laughable. Continuing to defend BlackBerry has become laughable.

Posted via CB10
    nigoinsnow likes this.
    01-06-14 07:10 AM
    I agree with you. But, being in marketing, I can see the situation a bit more clearly. Basically, it's all just sponsored articles - paid for. It's not just Apple but everyone does it. If you were in PR, you'd have a collection of writers at various outlets that you can pay off to write what you want and seem objective. They will even go so far as to have paid commenter's as well.

BUT... is what they're saying true?? I find that, they're not trashing BlackBerry without merit. BlackBerry deserves the negativity. I should know, I'm using the Q10 right now. From update to update, there are always problems that never get addressed and never get fixed.

The only way that BlackBerry can respond is by not giving CNET so much to trash in the first place. At some point, people have to start placing blame where it belongs. CNET can trash BlackBerry easily and often b/c BlackBerry isn't doing a lot of things right!

That's why they can't fight back. It will just expose their faults even more.

If Blackberry were functioning properly, then all the negative attention would be a godsend. A chance to prove the naysayers wrong!!! That would be a glorious opportunity. But, they CAN'T take advantage of it.

We may all love our BlackBerry devices but we can't continue to defend the indefensible. It's like when a guy is arrested for beating his wife. We find out he has a long list of crimes and lengthy violent criminal history. The mother comes out and says, he's always been a good boy. Thats laughable. Continuing to defend BlackBerry has become laughable.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry to hear that you have bad experiences with your phone. I certainly don't have and when you talk about "we can't continue to defend the indefensible" you certainly can't speak for everybody.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-06-14 07:17 AM
    The worst is every year at Blackberry World / Live! all these Blogs are there having a fine time eating, drinking and being entertained on Blackberry's dime. They already had a falling out with BGR (Jason) as they sued his @$$ so he's been pissy about them for awhile now.
    Interesting about BB/RIM suing BGR/Jason. Would you be able to provide your source?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-06-14 07:22 AM
    These sites better be careful, because people read there trash and take it as news. Bashing BlackBerry consistently every chance they get will only get them in litigation hot water.

In the end unsuspecting customers are the people that get mislead, ultimately affecting BB10 sales.
    I hope BlackBerry is building a case for possible CAL.
    I'm not sure of other countries, but in the US, that litigation fails a great majority of the time. US courts tend to favor freedom of speech in "journalism".
    01-06-14 08:11 AM
    The only response BB has is to succeed... till then expect negativity to continue....
    RubberChicken76 and mornhavon like this.
    01-08-14 12:48 PM
    As much as I would like to see them get what they deserve, I think executives of BlackBerry "accidentally" leaking out something like that would not go over well. It would look unprofessional and in typical troll fashion (even see it on here) they would quickly become the poor victim who were just giving their opinion no matter how skewed misrepresented it is. They would run with it and play the "poor me" card. See it on CB everyday when someone who is being irrational and skewing facts gets called out.
    When Alec Saunders expleted all over that anti-BlackBerry spammer it made mainstream news, but I for one was rooting for him: he wasn't making an 'official' statement as a BlackBerry employee... he was personally telling a hate-blogger to eff themselves as a BlackBerry employee (but absolutely not in the capacity of an 'official representative' to the blogger / spammer community)

Those appointed by BlackBerry to make official statements to the blogger / spammer community would have to be more careful when they issue 'official' statements, but if I ran the company, my "official" statement would be (looking directly in the camera) "go to hell, spammer". Of course that's 'feeding the troll' but from then on you ignore the troll. It makes the statement that yes, you're paying attention to the negative press, and dealing with one troll effectively deals with them all. No it's not something you're going to do every day, but used judiciously, telling unreasonable critics to eff off is a legitimate communications technique.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 01-08-14 at 02:05 PM.
    01-08-14 12:51 PM
    The best BlackBerry can do is concentrate on its comeback so when or if they do succeed BlackBerry can turn around and make all these media clowns eat a huge crow pie!

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    Agreed. Trying to respond to all the negative remarks is futile and would probably end up being counter-productive.

Posted from my Q10 via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-12-14 05:03 PM
    Yep.

Posted by the inimitable Z10 handheld system
    01-12-14 11:03 PM
    I agree with this +100%. Always good to have a reality check around here. And before wild-eyed BlackBerry fanatics turn there religious zeal on me, let me say I am a BlackBerry fan too. I have just kept a sense of perspective, that's all.

Posted by the inimitable Z10 handheld system
    01-27-14 04:30 AM
    That is the reason why I stopped reading/visiting BGR. Just look at all of the crap stating that BlackBerry (RIM) was suppose to be already bankrupt and closing shop. Even after three years they keep repeating the same crap from the same analysts.

Will say that I was not pleased wit the way BlackBerry was operating as far as buggy OS Release and crappy hardware. After the 9700 I went and tried multiple Android and iPhones. But things are finally getting better after BB10 10.1, so I decided to come back and support my favorite phone maker and bought two Z10 from Verizon out right (had to keep my unlimited data F the data cap bs )

Few of my friends tried and played around with my Z10 and liked it, but they were not liking the Android apps because the response time was slow. When more app developers jump on board and start making apps I think more people will start to come to the BlackBerry ship.

For goodness sake,
    Why does BB management develop a serious strategy to address the constant badmouthing from cnet? Cnet takes every possible opportunity to publish hyper-negative content related to BB.

I have wondered if cnet works for apple! They are certainly systematically working against BB.
    01-27-14 09:20 AM
    Garbage

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:44 AM
    For goodness sake,
    Why does BB management develop a serious strategy to address the constant badmouthing from cnet?
    What would you have them do exactly? Send some goons to go beat up the editorial staff at CNET?
    01-27-14 07:50 PM
    This is where BlackBerry needs to start posting common sense News Releases, as to get back at the negative bashing by so called journalists. But they need to do this in an intelligent manner.
    02-01-14 11:27 PM
    What would you have them do exactly? Send some goons to go beat up the editorial staff at CNET?
    No, send them some Z30's lol,
    02-01-14 11:28 PM
    Find me the stats to show that most Android users were BlackBerry users?
    Look at the data from Comscore over time. You'll see that the Smartphone market in the US is growing, but that iOS and Android are growing proportionately faster. You'll also see that Windows Phone and Symbian are pretty flat during the time, yet BlackBerry declines from 22 million users in the fall of 2010 to about 5 million at last report.

It's pretty easy to make an inference that a lot of former BlackBerry users in the US jumped ship.
    02-03-14 09:59 AM
    Interesting thread, I fear the opinion formers have lost the plot
    02-03-14 10:03 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD