03-21-15 02:15 PM
    They still have carrier agreements around the globe.
    And Samsung doesn't?
    03-21-15 02:18 PM
    And Samsung doesn't?
    Microsoft doesn't.
    menshawy likes this.
    03-21-15 06:50 PM
    Microsoft doesn't.
    Oh, I thought we were talking about Samsung since that was the thread topic. I'm not sure about Microsoft. They seem to do as well or better than BB with carrier agreements in the U.S. Not sure about in other countries.
    03-21-15 08:54 PM
    Microsoft doesn't.

Microsoft has all of Nokias contracts and Nokia was much bigger than BB. These are mostly where Nokia was popular.
    03-22-15 01:35 PM
    I used to think that Amazon would be a great partnership for gaining traction for the consumer app market and Samsung a great hardware partner. But lately I have my doubts about Amazon. The Amazon Appstore is just too limited and under supported. Same issue BlackBerry World has. And once again, it's not important to have a million apps, but you NEED to have the top 500 name recognized apps. And you have to keep them up to date, which Amazon is failing on. You also need to regulate the sharks who put in fake $.99 "review apps".

It seemed like a good work around for Google play services at first, but lately not so much. As posted earlier, Amazon needs a way to repack Android apps to not use Google play services, and it's almost like they need to do this themselves. Because the Devs aren't on board.

Compound the fact that companies like Netflix are specifically pulling their app for BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore, and it's no wonder no one goes to Amazon to look for paid apps. Snap is an alternative, and I hear people use 1mobile a lot. There are a lot of choices: http://www.mobyaffiliates.com/blog/m...p-stores-list/

I'm hoping a Samsung partnership helps bring some traction to the App market as well. 2014 taught us Amazon can't go it alone without hardware. And if Samsung left Google completely their user base would flip. BlackBerry could bring more to the table on this, providing an alternative platform all 3 can venture on.

 Q10 
    03-23-15 01:51 AM
    I think the only ones to benefit from Samsung switching to BB10 phones would be HTC and the other Android manufacturers. People buy Android fIrst, Samsung second I think.
    03-24-15 10:13 AM
    I think the only ones to benefit from Samsung switching to BB10 phones would be HTC and the other Android manufacturers.
    The possibility of Samsung "switching to BB10 phones" is next to nothing.
    03-24-15 10:37 AM
33 12