BlackBerry makes very good phones, which are even better than Samsung phones, all the need is a better app store because the blackberry app world is the worst app store i have ever used why don't they just buy the Google playstore? Can someone tell me why? I have a z10 and everyone is telling me that I have to change my phone but I have faith in BlackBerry so what blackberry needs to do is to step up it's game on more time by putting the Google appstore in they're phones!

That's my opinion please tell me your's!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:03 PM
    Why would Google sell BlackBerry their app store?

You claim BlackBerry World is terrible yet you never said why. Why? I believe it's the best organized app store and the easiest to use and to find apps. I've used both Apple's and Google's app stores and they're not terrible but I don't see them as better than BlackBerry World.

9700 > 9900 > Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.4633
    10-11-13 03:06 PM
    Because Google is using Android and BlackBerry is not. It has compatibility, but apps need to be converted on the developers side. Aside from that, opening the door to Google Play would be a security flaw from all bad intentioned apps.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-11-13 03:07 PM
    They can't do that. It is against Google's rules. What they have done is it make it easier for app developers to port an Android app to BlackBerry World and they continue to refine the process. See CB front page. So they did do what was necessary they just didn't sell enough phones to entice developers to spend the time to port their apps.
    10-11-13 03:07 PM
    Definitely thinking outside the box here.
    10-11-13 03:10 PM
    Blackberry isn't in any position to buy anything right now. At least for 3 more weeks until all this buying out garbage is settled if it does. Google will never sell their Play Store to anyone, it's one of their trademarks. Personally, I hate the new Play Store update: online at least.

Blackberry App world seems to be getting updated every 1-3 months which is getting better and better.

If you are talking about lack of apps. There are already 1000s of thread about it. But it's hard to get apps when BB10 has such a small userbase. Instagram announced that they don't jump into new platforms right away they wait a fiscal year which I bet most of them do to see how the platform is processing. They want to see if there is any point in using their resources and time which is money and business is about money obviously.

All I can say Blackberry is trying their best trying to get apps onto their platform since they know it's one of there biggest problems like top 3 problems and for most people the top problem.
    BlackBerry 10 development tools for Android developers updated | CrackBerry.com
    Blackberry is making it so damn easy to get android developers onto the platform. They are basically leaving a silver platter out for them. They are making it the same for the developer to develop for android and port to BB10 at the same time. What more can you ask for? I'll just wait like I have been for years :P
    mak_1997 likes this.
    10-11-13 03:20 PM
    The licensing terms for access to Google Play are available online. First, the device must be officially and fully Android compatible, as determined by that given version of Android's Compatibility Definition Document. You can find those here:

https://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html

The fact is that BB10 is NOT Android compatible by Google's definition (as defined in the documents linked above). For example, and one of the biggest issues is: it cannot run native Android APKs. That's the case because the "Android Player" in BB10 is not the full Android OS.

In order to have access to Google Play, a device has to be running a certified version of Android, and the manufacturer has to then join the Android Alliance, which among other things prohibits them from selling devices with any non-certified version of Android. It also requires them to install the full suite of Google Apps, including Maps, Google+, GMail, YouTube, Calendar, People (contacts), Drive, etc.

This alone would effectively kill the BB10 portion of BB World, and any and all associated revenues, because Google would get all of the app and media revenue (their share of the 30% the developer gives up to be in the store) instead of BB. And in order to join the Android Alliance, BB would have to kill BB10, or at least remove all of the Android capability out of it. Essentially, they'd have to run Android.

The time to make that decision was back in 2010. It's WAY too late for BB to go Android now, so you can forget about access to the Play Store. It isn't about money, it's about compliance with Google's requirements, and BB10 isn't even close to that.
    mak_1997, helio9965 and TGR1 like this.
    10-11-13 11:36 PM
    Runtime was never officially meant for everyone to convert and run Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:28 AM
    Yes, blackberry is technically brilliant and marketing stupid ; BlackBerry should have launched by Z30 today in Canada. They are losing out on a long weekend of selling.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    10-12-13 12:48 AM
    I agree. BB10 phones are better than Samsung Galaxy 2
    mak_1997 likes this.
    10-12-13 01:10 AM
    Google play store is not that great in their first 9 months plus old.
    10-12-13 03:18 AM
    Google play store is not that great in their first 9 months plus old.
    Yes, but average consumer obviously doesn't care. They purchase based on where they can get what they need now and not the future.

I wouldn't buy a new computer with a new OS on the hope that it will one day get Microsoft Office if I need those programs now.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, jh07 and sexybabe88 like this.
    10-12-13 06:28 AM
    Why would Google sell BlackBerry their app store?

You claim BlackBerry World is terrible yet you never said why. Why? I believe it's the best organized app store and the easiest to use and to find apps. I've used both Apple's and Google's app stores and they're not terrible but I don't see them as better than BlackBerry World.

Because everything on the blackberry app world is paid and it doesn't have the main applications and games that everyone wants to play or use, i hope they do something about this soon! I would love to see blackberry at the top of it's game again!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:50 AM
    here we go with he dumb app situation. We all know Blackberry should have made deals for launch etc. Blackberry doesn't have the apps that they should yes we get it. The most you can do is tweet/email and post on there Facebook page like what happened to Rogers not carrying the Z30. Guess what now they are going to carry the Z30.

Look at my post above I explain the whole app situation there.

We have 3rd parties making Vine, SnapChat and Instagram as we speak which should be out soon since the demos are 100% working.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-apps-855252/
    I personally think they should have been sooner because Windows 8 phones have mock apps of every main stream app. I've always been wondering why the developers haven't thought to do it sooner especially the ones that go on these forums and see 1000s of threads with 100 comments each on it.

The most we can do is wait man. My sideloads work better on my phone (except for the dumb snapchat camera being sideways and all) then on android phones. Now there is no black bar so I'm happy.
    10-12-13 10:06 AM
    Because everything on the blackberry app world is paid and it doesn't have the main applications and games that everyone wants to play or use, i hope they do something about this soon! I would love to see blackberry at the top of it's game again!

Posted via CB10
    No, it doesn't have every game or app but it has a lot. Only really 3 major apps missing and a few big name games.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:07 AM
    This kid don't have any idea what he's talking about,
    Last edited by gfondeur; 10-12-13 at 10:34 PM.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-12-13 10:24 AM
    This kid don't any idea what he's talking about,
    Nah. I agree with you. This topic and his replies are dumb. BB10 isn't really missing many apps. It's the damn carriers, media, and people who don't use BlackBerry phones who are spreading this nonsense. What major apps are we missing? Instagram, Vine, and Netflix? What games? Candy Crush? Yippee! While I agree they need to arrive to BB10 and soon just to shut the children up, I don't really care for them. I have a phone I like to use as, well, a phone. A communication device. No one has, does, or will do it better than BlackBerry. It's sad to see where they are right now but I won't switch to a different OS so long as I can continue to get my hands on BlackBerry devices. Call me dumb but they just work for me.

anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-12-13 03:10 PM
    Nah. I agree with you. This topic and his replies are dumb. BB10 isn't really missing many apps. It's the damn carriers, media, and people who don't use BlackBerry phones who are spreading this nonsense. What major apps are we missing? Instagram, Vine, and Netflix? What games? Candy Crush? Yippee! While I agree they need to arrive to BB10 and soon just to shut the children up, I don't really care for them. I have a phone I like to use as, well, a phone. A communication device. No one has, does, or will do it better than BlackBerry. It's sad to see where they are right now but I won't switch to a different OS so long as I can continue to get my hands on BlackBerry devices. Call me dumb but they just work for me.

Blah blah blah. We know we know...its the media, haters, Americans etc. I mean the banking apps and medical apps bb10 is missing must be for the kiddies too. Media must have delayed bbm4 all too. Also the media must have the ability for shutting heins up for the last month plus. It's so cool that you think our z10 and bb10 devices are "phones"... I mean because iphones and androids are not. You sure told him
    helio9965 likes this.
    10-12-13 03:36 PM
    Nah. I agree with you. This topic and his replies are dumb. BB10 isn't really missing many apps. It's the damn carriers, media, and people who don't use BlackBerry phones who are spreading this nonsense. What major apps are we missing? Instagram, Vine, and Netflix? What games? Candy Crush? Yippee!

What about business/banking/productivity apps?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-12-13 03:44 PM
    The licensing terms for access to Google Play are available online. First, the device must be officially and fully Android compatible, as determined by that given version of Android's Compatibility Definition Document. You can find those here:

https://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html

The fact is that BB10 is NOT Android compatible by Google's definition (as defined in the documents linked above).
    No no no. The OP isn't suggesting BBRY run Android. . . he's suggesting BBRY simply buy Google Play. That's the beauty of his suggestion. . . it ignores platform incompatibility, the fact that Google won't sell as well as the fact that the suggestion itself makes zero sense. That's why it's perfect. Don't let the fact that it's not possible get in the way of all the actual possibilities.

/s
    helio9965 likes this.
    10-12-13 03:46 PM
    You're absolutely right. Not sure what I was thinking there...
    10-12-13 04:02 PM

It's not only about the major apps that are missing. It's about being able to download any app that you may want it need.

No, the browser is not a good enough alternative.

Side loading is not the answer.

Is "communication device" the new "Tools Not Toys" and "Get Things Done"?
    10-12-13 04:08 PM
    Blah blah blah. We know we know...its the media, haters, Americans etc. I mean the banking apps and medical apps bb10 is missing must be for the kiddies too. Media must have delayed bbm4 all too. Also the media must have the ability for shutting heins up for the last month plus. It's so cool that you think our z10 and bb10 devices are "phones"... I mean because iphones and androids are not. You sure told him
    Wow. Time to change that tampon.

gfondeur likes this.
    10-12-13 04:12 PM
    Wow. Time to change that tampon.

Coming from a guy that went on rant that called everybody kiddies Lmao. Knew would get a answer like this from a clown like you. When time to respond to logic....quick um um tampoon lol don't worry I don't blame you it's your intelligence

Ps o yea I forgot yipieee
    helio9965 likes this.
    10-12-13 04:40 PM
    What about business/banking/productivity apps?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    What do you mean? Bb10 is only missing candy crush, vine, and instagram. You are just listening to the media too much
    10-12-13 04:47 PM
37 12