Think about it. HTC for hardware and BlackBerry for software. That would be a win win. The HTC One even looks like the Z10.

I would recommend a joint venture where engineering teams can work together. They would transfer their software people to Waterloo while the hardware team can work with Taiwan. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:08 PM
    Think about it. HTC for hardware and BlackBerry for software. That would be a win win. The HTC One even looks like the Z10.

I would recommend a joint venture where engineering teams can work together. They would transfer their software people to Waterloo while the hardware team can work with Taiwan. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    There's another thread on this where I actually mentioned that Cisco or Oracle would be great partners...I don't think other handset makers are where it's at.....
    08-17-13 01:55 PM
    I say nope. I don't see the benefit of dropping android (considering the htc one is selling well) for an unproven platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-17-13 02:22 PM
    Yes HTC can bring great hardware synergy with BB proven software solidity record,but don't know will HTC take it
    08-17-13 02:29 PM
    Both are sitting ducks trying to come out of swamp anyway
    08-17-13 02:32 PM
    I say nope. I don't see the benefit of dropping android (considering the htc one is selling well) for an unproven platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    HTC wouldn't need to give up their Android line. They can be the hardware manufacturing arm of BlackBerry. HTC is about to give up on their Window phone and is fighting head to head with Samsung with Android. This will allow BlackBerry to benefit with additional engineers while HTC and BlackBerry would be able to leverage better manufacturing scale.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:32 PM
    HTC has already had losses on WP and on Facebook phones. I'm pretty sure their interest in manufacturing for another brand with a less-than-successful OS is going to be extremely low right now.
    08-17-13 02:45 PM
    Honestly a blackberry os and android os mix phone with a physical keyboard would be awesome. Best of both worlds and a keyboard. Win.

Sent from my HTC One
    08-17-13 02:57 PM