Keep the actual hardware 100% the same.
    Name? 1) Z30 v2, 2) Z40, 3) BlackBerry "Touch", 4) The BlackBerry "F Touch" etc......
    - 13MP Camera,
    - Quad-Core CPU/GPU
    - 3GB Ram
    - 32GB flash storage
    - 1920x1080p screen (400ppi min).

Not sure if people are aware, because I was not aware until I actually purchased a white Z30. But the hardware quality of this phone is amazing. Can't believe the quality of this device. The feel, size, weight, etc., all amazing.
    No wonder it's original cost was about $699, despite the lower specs.
    This is an expensive phone to make lol, and I love it. Well worth the money at launch and it's cost today. You will not find an Android or iPhone device with such quality. IMO. And I've used and owned many.
    I even used the $1,000+ iPhone 6+, the Z30 looks and feels better by far.

BlackBerry Re-Release the Z30 with above specs (Passport Specs) and many WILL be very happy. Keep the same style, don't change a thing with how it looks.
    Keep Inventory at Check and all should work out.
    Black, Red, White and Blue please

Comments Anybody? Is this. Good idea? You know here I stand on this.

Sexy White Z30
    03-22-15 04:05 PM
    That thread title is so misleading lol, I actually thought they had released it.

But yes, they certainly should.
    nt300, hindsketchup238 and velkod like this.
    03-22-15 04:10 PM
    I would love an upgraded Z30 as you say.. but in a 5.5" screen. With so many android flag devices, my Z30 is starting to look tiny. And less side bezels, pleeaaaaseeee

Posted via CB10
    nt300, tmanthib, leejayh and 1 others like this.
    03-22-15 04:10 PM
    Name? 1) Z30 v2, 2) Z40, 3) BlackBerry "Touch", 4) The BlackBerry "F Touch" etc......
    - 13MP Camera,
    - Quad-Core CPU/GPU
    - 3GB Ram
    - 32GB flash storage

Not sure if people are aware, because I was not aware until I actually purchased a white Z30. But the hardware quality of this phone is amazing. Can't believe the quality of this device. The feel, size, weight, etc., all amazing.
    This is an expensive phone to make lol, and I love it. Well worth the money at launch and it's cost today. You will not find an Android or iPhone device with such quality. IMO. And I've used and owned many.

BlackBerry Re-Release the Z30 with above specs (Passport Specs) and many WILL be very happy. Keep the same style, don't change a thing with how it looks.

Sexy White Z30
    I'd love to see and improved Z30. Agree the device has the most solid feel of any I have owned. Only gripe on build is the volume buttons on the side don't feel solid and have a slight rattle when not in a case. Specs you have is what is needed, maybe a 1440x2560 screen would be my only change. Basically they should work with Samsung to source the GS6 screen (regular not that curved Edge junk) and SOC, throw in Paratek antenna, give it global LTE bands and take my money.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    03-22-15 04:15 PM
    That thread title is so misleading lol, I actually thought they had released it.

But yes, they certainly should.
    Oh Gosh I am truly sorry. Never meant it to be miss-leading l.

Sexy White Z30
    03-22-15 04:17 PM
    I'd love to see and improved Z30. Agree the device has the most solid feel of any I have owned. Only gripe on build is the volume buttons on the side don't feel solid and have a slight rattle when not in a case. Specs you have is what is needed, maybe a 1440x2560 screen would be my only change. Basically they should work with Samsung to source the GS6 screen (regular not that curved Edge junk) and SOC, throw in Paratek antenna, give it global LTE bands and take my money.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 already has Paratek Antenna

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:21 PM
    I think anyone who has owned the Z30 would love an upgraded version!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:32 PM
    I'd be in favor of that, only if it was lighter with less bezel. They could probably make a 5.1" display out of it.
    03-22-15 07:14 PM
    They could get rid of that ugly, easy to chip and scratch silver chin and do something a bit more creative and stylish with the bottom and even the top for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-22-15 07:24 PM
    Way better idea than the Leap released in North America.

 Q10 
    03-22-15 08:29 PM
    They could get rid of that ugly, easy to chip and scratch silver chin and do something a bit more creative and stylish with the bottom and even the top for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking Stainless Steel. It should have been that Stainless, but I am guessing BlackBerry chose plastic to keep the weight in check. But I am all for a relaunch of the Z30 with Passport specs. I believe it deserves such a thing, seeing how garbage the original marketing was for the device. Well, I mean no marketing for the device. lol
    Bbnivende and redcoat56 like this.
    03-22-15 10:17 PM
    As a current passport owner (ATT) I would trade this in a NY minute for and upgraded Z30. I just prefer touch.

му ηєω мιηι ℓαρтσρ...αкα ραѕѕρσят!!!
    03-23-15 01:24 AM
    Sounds great, I'd buy one. Although a slightly larger screen would be ideal.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    03-23-15 01:39 AM
    Sounds great, I'd buy one. Although a slightly larger screen would be ideal.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Max 5.1" for such a device, worst case. I find the current Z30 screen a perfect fit in the hand.
    03-23-15 01:48 PM
    I agree with you but I would want a device change a little bit to look different because if u keep the device the same then u work be able to tell the difference between the z30 and z40
    03-23-15 07:15 PM
    I agree with you but I would want a device change a little bit to look different because if u keep the device the same then u work be able to tell the difference between the z30 and z40
    Good Idea, I am sure they can make it as sexy or more sexy than the Z30. Yes good point. How about make the bezel thinner and use Stainless Steel around the device like how the Z30 is. Not painted plastic, but real stainless steel. I am OK with the Z30 thickness, I think its perfect. And the weight is just fine.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-23-15 08:47 PM
    - 13MP Camera,
    - Quad-Core CPU/GPU
    - 3GB Ram
    - 32GB flash storage

Sexy White Z30
    Absolutely expecting for a smartphone like this.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    03-23-15 10:25 PM
    They need to not use Slimport and keep dedicated micro HDMI and micro USB ports for the ultimate win. Slimport is extremely limited for those who wish to use their phone as a mini console/computer with external USB Peripherals and wired lag free connections to a screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:27 PM
    They need to not use Slimport and keep dedicated micro HDMI and micro USB ports for the ultimate win. Slimport is extremely limited for those who wish to use their phone as a mini console/computer with external USB Peripherals and wired lag free connections to a screen.

Posted via CB10
    Humm that's a good idea. Hopefully BlackBerry reads this thread.

Sexy White Z30
    03-24-15 06:35 PM
    Yes this would be a wonderful Idea. Let's move forward BlackBerry, we are all waiting for the best full touch to get even better. Lets see a Z50 grace the mobile industry, make it the best spec'ed smart phone on the planet, so people can actually notice. Though an upgrade in specs such as the Passport is fine too. Just give us something please.

Until then, still EnJoYiNg my highly awesome white Z30 bought off CrackBerry
    03-25-15 02:41 PM
    IMO they should just release a Leap+ and give it great internals. It's a really good looking device and with the right specs, it would be a great Z30 replacement. Just use the same frame and whatever else to save on R&D, but cram it full of Passport-style specs.
    03-27-15 12:06 PM
    IMO they should just release a Leap+ and give it great internals. It's a really good looking device and with the right specs, it would be a great Z30 replacement. Just use the same frame and whatever else to save on R&D, but cram it full of Passport-style specs.
    The White Leap does look kind of good. Though I would take a white Z30 over it any day which I did.
    kbz1960 and nt300 like this.
    03-27-15 01:51 PM
    Add a dash of Droid Turbo... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-27-15 10:02 PM
    Don't discount the new slider that's in the works. Remember there was an all touch version as well as the physical keyboard versions of the Torch line of BBOS devices whats to say they won't do that this time around as well?

Loving my Passport!
    03-29-15 03:24 PM
    Don't discount the new slider that's in the works. Remember there was an all touch version as well as the physical keyboard versions of the Torch line of BBOS devices whats to say they won't do that this time around as well?

Loving my Passport!
    Right but why not say it in the "roadmap" if that is the case and keep your Z10/Z30 customers interested and engaged? They risk losing many of those customers from now until the end of the year. At this point BlackBerry loses nothing by letting the competition know what they are doing because they know they won't get access to better SOC's or technology before they do because of the others purchasing power. BlackBerry has more to lose on silence about the hardware than they have to gain.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 04:25 PM
54 123