Everyone seems to be assuming the worst these days. Although there are rumours about wanted to sell by november, no one has really talked about potential partnerships.

What would you think about BlackBerry partnering with Cannon or Nikon to create a kicka$$ photo and video experience.
    We could see not only a higher mega pixel count, but better quality pixels with some of the technology those companies have.

We all know the camera business has struggled recently so I believe this partnership would benefit both parties.
    09-06-13 06:39 PM
    I don't know how this would work out on the business side but I have few friends that are shying away from Z10 mainly because of the inferior camera. Hence this would be awesome. But what would be in it for Cannon or Nikon?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 06:43 PM
    I don't know how this would work out on the business side but I have few friends that are shying away from Z10 mainly because of the inferior camera. Hence this would be awesome. But what would be in it for Cannon or Nikon?

Posted via CB10
    This. When you consider or even try to speculate things like potential partnerships, the questions would be "What would be in it for them to buy or partner with BlackBerry?" And "are there any better alternatives out there than BlackBerry?"

Partnering with BlackBerry, an already struggling company would not help Nikon or Canon. If they really wanted a piece of the pie, they could do something similar to what Sony did with the QX10/QX100. A lens-like accessory for mobile devices. Or even partner with companies that are in much better state than BlackBerry. But the thing is, when it comes to mobile devices, having a great camera is a plus point, but not the main concern. If not the Nokia Pureview 808 would have sold massively well. It didn't. I would imagine most consumers just want a camera good enough on their mobile phone. Having Canon or Nikon tech on a BlackBerry would not help sell more BlackBerry imo, at least not significant enough that a partnership will be worthwhile to Canon or Nikon.
    09-06-13 07:25 PM