And be renamed to something else. Maybe "White Frosted Cake"? Something along those lines. The name "BlackBerry" has way too much stigma and negativity. If BlackBerry wants to come back they need to start from the bottom completely.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Channel @ C0012477B for BB News, MMA & Tech Updates ]
    09-20-13 10:44 PM
    I got drunk and made a pointless rant once too...
    09-20-13 10:47 PM
    Haha! I think that's what we have here.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:42 PM
    I think it's taking the **** out of the doom and gloom posts we're seeing.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    eddy_berry and beamolite like this.
    09-21-13 12:08 AM
    I got drunk and made a pointless rant once too...
    LMAO - Well played sir, well played...
    09-21-13 12:12 AM
    I got pointless once and made a drunk rant too...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:18 AM
    Sweet. A reference to a drake song and blackberry in the same sentence.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-21-13 08:12 AM
    Change the name to Androld or iPh0ne, so people buy by mistake.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-21-13 08:14 AM
    The brand is going to have to change at some level. A complete re-name will be seen through by the market, though, and likely laughed at as a whitewashing attempt.

Shorten the brand name to "BB" maybe? Retire the existing BlackBerry branding?
    09-21-13 08:16 AM
    I said bad move the first time I heard they were changing from RIM to BlackBerry. I don't think RIM had the view BlackBerry ended up having in many places. Why would they change the company name to something that people love to hate? They should've changed to something completely different or kept RIM and dropped BlackBerry.
    09-21-13 08:34 AM
    I said bad move the first time I heard they were changing from RIM to BlackBerry. I don't think RIM had the view BlackBerry ended up having in many places. Why would they change the company name to something that people love to hate? They should've changed to something completely different or kept RIM and dropped BlackBerry.
    I think at the time they chose to rename as "BlackBerry", there was still some hope to rehabilitate the brand. With these past two quarters, they've squandered whatever chance they might have had to do that.
    ETwoLTech likes this.
    09-21-13 09:39 AM
    They changed there name cause the stock went to 0, they wrote off debts and changed their name

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:38 PM
    They should get as far as they can from the name Blackberry. Over 2 years of public bashing in every media... they do t have the money to reverse that

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:17 PM
    I've had similar thoughts that they need to create a wholely owned subsidary that produces a completely new brand with a different look and feel. They really should have done this as a way of cracking the US consumer market. Trying to bridge two different markets with the same products has proved to be diasterous.

Imagine a line of consumer smartphones called Camellion or Xeros running BB10 that are cheap and relatively fully featured.
    Geeoff likes this.
    09-23-13 09:15 AM
    I've had similar thoughts that they need to create a wholely owned subsidary that produces a completely new brand with a different look and feel. They really should have done this as a way of cracking the US consumer market. Trying to bridge two different markets with the same products has proved to be diasterous.

Imagine a line of consumer smartphones called Camellion or Xeros running BB10 that are cheap and relatively fully featured.
    Lipstick on a pig. Only an acquisition will provide a chance for them to be saved at this pt - Imo.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-23-13 09:38 AM
    The brand is going to have to change at some level. A complete re-name will be seen through by the market, though, and likely laughed at as a whitewashing attempt.

Shorten the brand name to "BB" maybe? Retire the existing BlackBerry branding?
    I would just make the berry logo a little more modernized and slightly change the main "BlackBerry" font. Nothing too drastic but market it as the "new" blackberry and tout how they know their image sucked and now they're trying to change it. I really like what KIA/Hyundai is doing with their marketing right now. They're doing a great job repairing their brand image imo.
    09-24-13 02:13 AM
    Nothing like a Jack Daniels rant.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-24-13 12:31 PM
    I agree on a new branding of some sort. Either lose the Blackberry name entirely, or create a sub-brand focused on low-cost BB10 devices. Over the last few months they have just killed themselves.
    09-24-13 12:36 PM
    Something needs to happen with the company going private. The name BlackBerry on a phone in many markets is associated, with slow, outdated, app-less devices that are good for phone calls and emails. In the markets they are still successful in, they are cheap phones with cheap plans. Leave the BBOS devices as BlackBerry, but time has come for something else for BB10 devices. Something that doesn't associated them in any way with the old BBOS devices. As soon as the deal closes rename the company and the OS.
    09-24-13 02:45 PM
    Leave the BBOS devices as BlackBerry, but time has come for something else for BB10 devices. Something that doesn't associated them in any way with the old BBOS devices. As soon as the deal closes rename the company and the OS.
    That actually would have been a good strategy a year ago; RIM could still be called RIM, BBOS and related technologies (BIS, BES, BES 5) could be left as BlackBerry for the emerging markets where they were/are still selling well while the new platform from RIM, for North America and Europe initially, could have been called something totally new - although I don't have any good suggestions!

But now BlackBerry branded BB10 phones and BES10 are out there it would make things diluted, fragmented and confusing. I can't see a rebranding helping BB10 now, maybe it would be a good idea for the next platform in a year or two, if they are still around to make whatever would have been BB11.

I honestly don't think BlackBerry realised just how badly their brand image had been eroded in their once prosperous western markets until it became clear that BB10 phones just weren't selling in the numbers they expected with the carrier backing they needed so it would never have been entertained in Waterloo to call the new phone platform anything other than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 03:15 PM
    That actually would have been a good strategy a year ago; RIM could still be called RIM, BBOS and related technologies (BIS, BES, BES 5) could be left as BlackBerry for the emerging markets where they were/are still selling well while the new platform from RIM, for North America and Europe initially, could have been called something totally new - although I don't have any good suggestions!

But now BlackBerry branded BB10 phones and BES10 are out there it would make things diluted, fragmented and confusing. I can't see a rebranding helping BB10 now, maybe it would be a good idea for the next platform in a year or two, if they are still around to make whatever would have been BB11.

I honestly don't think BlackBerry realised just how badly their brand image had been eroded in their once prosperous western markets until it became clear that BB10 phones just weren't selling in the numbers they expected with the carrier backing they needed so it would never have been entertained in Waterloo to call the new phone platform anything other than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, they have advertised BB10 so poorly, that most people in the US don't know that BlackBerry has a new OS. Was reading a message board at work today for a fed agency and a topic about using iPhones and Android devices over BlackBerry came up and people were stating BlackBerry were out of date behind the times. Complaints of small screens and cramped PKB too. They are used to 9900 and 9800/9810. They legitimately don't know about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 06:21 PM
    def need to rebrand it, blackberry is the pinto of mobile these days sadly
    09-24-13 06:28 PM
    I can't remember the last time I literally Laughed Out Loud reading a forum. Brilliant.
    09-24-13 06:32 PM
    I don't know, they have advertised BB10 so poorly, that most people in the US don't know that BlackBerry has a new OS. Was reading a message board at work today for a fed agency and a topic about using iPhones and Android devices over BlackBerry came up and people were stating BlackBerry were out of date behind the times. Complaints of small screens and cramped PKB too. They are used to 9900 and 9800/9810. They legitimately don't know about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Let's pretend BlackBerry renames the BB10 platform to...I don't know...say....JuicyFruit.

So a company orders some "JuicyFruit" Z10s instead of "BlackBerry" Z10s but they turn up labelled up as BlackBerry Z10s anyway because RIM couldn't afford to recall, relabel and repackage everything in the supply chain and their inventory. How much of a mess would that be for the new brand?!

It can't happen during BB10's life cycle but probably should for the next major development of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 06:52 PM
    Best Buy is way ahead of you on this

09-24-13 09:23 PM
28 12